Poly questions

AprilJ26

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about booking the Poly for our May trip. Can you request a microwave in the room for free or is it an additional fee? We were given one for free at CSR but I wasn't sure if that is available at all resorts. If we have a microwave in the room, being close to the GCH is not that important. However, if we do not have a micro in the room, we would want to be very close to the GCH. Any suggestions for a particular longhouse to request when we book? We don't need a view. Just a good location.

When we stayed at the Poly we were in Samoa and loved the location. We found it to be very convenient as it's just steps from the GCH, the volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks :goodvibes. I can't answer about the microwave, but hopefully someone will be able to give some information on that.

When we stayed at the Poly we were in Samoa and loved the location. We found it to be very convenient as it's just steps from the GCH, the volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks :goodvibes. I can't answer about the microwave, but hopefully someone will be able to give some information on that.

Did you request it or just luck up with a great location? I read somewhere that Samoa is the most requested longhouse so I'm scared if we request it, we might not get it. I've never requested a room or building. Can you make two choices?

All of the rooms have microwaves no extra charge! Samoa is our favorite- we've requested it 3 times and have gotten Samoa every time so you never know. I think you can also give them 2 longhouse requests but we always only request Samoa. Niue also seems peaceful and extremely close to GCH but never stayed there. Look on tikimanpages.com he has great info on long houses and all things Poly! Congrats on staying at the Polynesian, it'll completely change your Disney experience :) We always stay at the Poly in May and it's a vacation in itself!

Did you request it or just luck up with a great location? I read somewhere that Samoa is the most requested longhouse so I'm scared if we request it, we might not get it. I've never requested a room or building. Can you make two choices?

Yes, I requested Samoa. I actually had 3 requests (Samoa, first floor, volcano pool side in that order), with the first 2 requests being met upon check in and the CM offering to move us to the volcano pool side the next day. We decided to stay put as we didn't check in until around 1:00 a.m., but I thought it was nice of them to try and accommodate all of our requests :goodvibes.

All of the rooms have microwaves no extra charge!

Is this something they've added within the last 5 years? I ask because our stay was in Sept 2007 and we did not have a microwave.

mickeynut1 said:
Yes, I requested Samoa. I actually had 3 requests (Samoa, first floor, volcano pool side in that order), with the first 2 requests being met upon check in and the CM offering to move us to the volcano pool side the next day. We decided to stay put as we didn't check in until around 1:00 a.m., but I thought it was nice of them to try and accommodate all of our requests :goodvibes.

Is this something they've added within the last 5 years? I ask because our stay was in Sept 2007 and we did not have a microwave.

I guess maybe I could be remembering it wrong- I've only been staying at the Poly since 2009 (May 2009, May 2011, May 2012 and this upcoming May)

Sorry for the mixed information. I've had a room with a microwave but Tikiman's page is saying for an additional charge. I would call and check or mention it with room requests :)

I guess maybe I could be remembering it wrong- I've only been staying at the Poly since 2009 (May 2009, May 2011, May 2012 and this upcoming May)

Sorry for the mixed information. I've had a room with a microwave but Tikiman's page is saying for an additional charge. I would call and check or mention it with room requests :)

No harm done.....Disney is always changing things and since it's been awhile since our stay, I thought maybe they added them :goodvibes.

When we stayed at the Poly (Tokelau) in Sept., I requested a microwave when we checked in at 7:30 am. We went to the parks and when the room was ready, the microwave was there!! we weren't charged for it.

When we stayed at the Poly (Tokelau) in Sept., I requested a microwave when we checked in at 7:30 am. We went to the parks and when the room was ready, the microwave was there!! we weren't charged for it.

Thanks! Maybe we'll luck up and get one, too! Not that big of a deal. I'm just SO excited to be staying at the Poly!

as i recall, we requested a microwave and got it, free of charge, as a pp said. but to be honest, it was 2 years ago and i could be wrong! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter