POLL: Will you buy Poly DVC?

Will you purchase Poly DVC?

• Yes! I'm jonesing for some Poly points

• Maybe. My spouse wants me to buy, though.

• Meh. If I'm bequeathed money by an unknown relative, maybe.

• Not likely. I wouldn't turn down a gift of Poly points, though.

• No! I couldn't drink enough Lapu Lapus to make me buy

Results are only viewable after voting.
My iPad doesn't want me to vote on the poll, but I'm waiting for the inheritance from the unknown relative -- or acquaintance would be okay, too

My son spent two years at RIT before transferring to New York University. He really enjoyed RIT and is still friends with some of his classmates. His interest is film, not engineering so NYU turned out to be a better match.

:car: your drive will be a little further than ours was :thumbsup2

:rotfl: Just a wee bit further! It is about 6 1/2 hours ea. way - but the major he wants is in the top 10 in the country there so we're praying we can figure out the money thing.

If I had an unexpected inheritance from a distant relative (which isn't going to happen bcuz just about all of my relatives are just as broke as I am) I'm sure I would use it for college tuition not Poly points!! :rolleyes1

I haven't been on the DIS much lately so I am behind on the scoop & rumors….did they ever say WHY they're only making studios & bungalows? Wonder if they would consider making the studios a little larger than most and including the washers & dryers? Will they sleep 5??

I haven't been on the DIS much lately so I am behind on the scoop & rumors….did they ever say WHY they're only making studios & bungalows? Wonder if they would consider making the studios a little larger than most and including the washers & dryers? Will they sleep 5??

In order:

No.

Yes to size, no to W/D.

Yes.

My head says no to Poly points but if I had enough Lapu Lapus, my heart would probably win out. :eek:

I can see the poll but the link to vote isn't live, so I'll just say I would have to vote No. Like DebbieB, our BWV points are long paid off, and you might guess that we're old enough that the 2042 BWV end date is plenty far enough in the future for us! :-) Also DH and I prefer a 1 bedroom for the space and the convenience of his being able to cook breakfast while I get dressed, not to mention the W/D so we don't have to pack as many clothes! We usually travel in Jan. or Feb. so maybe we'll have chance to spend a night or two in a studio at Poly and/or VGF at some point.

I voted Meh;) But we have always loved the Poly, and always said if opportunity arose we would love to have pts there. But my scene is this, lots of pts already at VWL, a few to boot at BWV for F&W fest. I am like a few others, dont like that they dont have 1 beds, but the amount of studios they do have will make it OK for a shorter trip. As a non owner, I think the Bungalows will never be in our future. So I would love to stay there in a studio someday with the extra bathroom being a plus. Hope newbies will buy, and feel like they will, but based on this poll, not looking very promising from us old DVCers:goodvibes

I voted meh. Love the Poly and was excited when I first heard about it. Would love to stay in one of the over water bungalows (until the alligators and snakes come calling) BUT we bought DVC to stay in the 1 bedrooms. We like the space, the kitchen, the washer/dryer and the Jacuzzi tub :love:. Since I suspect the point cost is going to be very high and the bungalows will be high points per night there doesn't seem to be a reason to own there. With all the studios I think it'll be easy to book one for a few days at 7 months if we really really just wanted to try it. And it's less expensive to just buy a bunch of points resale somewhere else and take the risk of getting a day or two in the bungalows at the 7 month mark.

No. I like all the trappings of 1Br. I am at a point in life I want a vacation home, not a hotel room.

No desire to buy there as the costs will be too high and it should be fairly easy to use my SSR points to book a studio there at the 7 month mark if I can't get into BLT or VGF.

My thoughts exactly. 300 studio rooms at the Poly probably doubles the amount of studio rooms currently on the monorail. It should be pretty easy to get a studio room there at 7 if that's what you want. At least in the next couple of years.

The point chart and $$ point deter me. Enjoy BLT for monorail resort. Plus, it has a community hall which is a must for our family.

BLT standard room is the best deal going. I have no problem catching a ride to the Poly to enjoy the food and pool hop. But at the end of the day, give me my BLT so I can walk back to my room from MK

Not even sober. No one bedroom villas at the Polynesian. I have zero desire to stay there. GFV, too many points and points are too expensive. Aulani, no desire to go to Hawaii.

OKW and VWL are fine with me.

I just don't think the over the water bungalows will be as nice as the ones I'm used to. I mean, the water is not crystal clear. What's up with that?

Deciding to buy before points structure or availability is known is silly. If point structure is unreasonable, there is no point buying. Likewise, if there is no shortage of booking availability at 7 mos. then your better off buying other resorts resale. However, if the point structure is reasonable, and there is no availability at 7 mos., then I'll wait for resale to become available (which will give time for the dust to settle on availability as well), and buy enough points to stay in a studio a week (or stay a couple nights in a 2bdrm).

I just don't think the over the water bungalows will be as nice as the ones I'm used to. I mean, the water is not crystal clear. What's up with that?

Gruber told DVC that DVC members would buy anything.

Yes for us, but for a very specific reason. We stay at the Poly for a long weekend every January -- the Marathon. That resort is the easiest to get to the monorail, and when you run the Goofy, and extra 30 minutes to an hour of sleep those two days goes a long way. Because it is marathon week, I end up paying rack rate for the long weekend. It is just a couples trip, so, a studio works great for us. Assuming I stay healthy enough to keep running into my old age (and that's the plan), this seems like a no brainer to me. I have to think that the Poly will sell out before 7 months for Marathon week, and I'm not willing to risk it for every year for the next 20+ years. . .

Yes for us, but for a very specific reason. We stay at the Poly for a long weekend every January -- the Marathon. That resort is the easiest to get to the monorail, and when you run the Goofy, and extra 30 minutes to an hour of sleep those two days goes a long way. Because it is marathon week, I end up paying rack rate for the long weekend. It is just a couples trip, so, a studio works great for us. Assuming I stay healthy enough to keep running into my old age (and that's the plan), this seems like a no brainer to me. I have to think that the Poly will sell out before 7 months for Marathon week, and I'm not willing to risk it for every year for the next 20+ years. . .
As a fellow runner, I think your reasoning sounds perfectly logical, and I'm glad someone chipped in with a "yes" answer. Though we occasionally do studios, rarely is it for more than a couple of days, as we prefer the room of a 1BR even if it's just for the two of us. Thus, Poly doesn't make much sense; however, before my wife and I met (and pre-DVC), the Poly was her favorite resort. So, who knows if we might not buy a small resale down the line?

So far, the poll is showing only 15% of viewers to this thread will maybe to definitely buy Poly DVC (granted, it's a small sampling). A full 67% say they won't buy there which gives us a 4.5/1 ratio. Again, this is a small poll, but I'm a bit surprised to see the number who don't plan on buying there.

So far, the poll is showing only 15% of viewers to this thread will maybe to definitely buy Poly DVC (granted, it's a small sampling). A full 67% say they won't buy there which gives us a 4.5/1 ratio. Again, this is a small poll, but I'm a bit surprised to see the number who don't plan on buying there.

DVD makes far more money selling to newbies and their marketing will make up for having only studios which may be a negative for existing owners.

:earsboy: Bill

facebook twitter