Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
There were doing Pfizer and Moderna at the location I went to, I'm not quite sure how I ended up with Pfizer, but it didn't really matter to me. One couple got sat in my area and then I guess they had Moderna first so got moved over to the other area.

It all reminded me of a cruise terminal though, without the luggage, line up to get in, line up to check in, line up for a seat, wait around then off you go!

And the Pfizer shot hurt less than AZ, perhaps a better shot giver, not sure, but I only felt the first poke and then nothing. With AZ I felt it the whole time. Even now, I can't feel where I got it yet I did with AZ. Glad it's over! Until it's booster time I guess.

Seems Canada is saying that Pfizer and moderna are interchangeable, but the US CDC is saying to stick with the one you got first. What’s a person to believe? DS18 got Pfizer first and I could rebook his second for this week if he gets Moderna, otherwise he’s waitig until mid July fo rpfizer. How do you know what’s right? He’s my kid, I can’t ask him to make the decision when I don’t know the answer myself.

Seems Canada is saying that Pfizer and moderna are interchangeable, but the US CDC is saying to stick with the one you got first. What’s a person to believe? DS18 got Pfizer first and I could rebook his second for this week if he gets Moderna, otherwise he’s waitig until mid July fo rpfizer. How do you know what’s right? He’s my kid, I can’t ask him to make the decision when I don’t know the answer myself.
I know what you are going through. I have an appointment booked for Wednesday and I think we will be getting Moderna when I got Pfizer the first time so now I have to decide what to do. If I cancel I can't get another appointment until July 15th. Decisions decisions.

My gut feeling is that from this point onwards, Moderna will be administered to anyone 18+ at those clinics that previously only offered Pfizer, even when the “supply issue“ is over. So it may not make any difference to wait and reschedule to a later date.

I was told by my physician that they regularly mix manufacturers of vaccines for other illnesses. She told me that this should be viewed the same.

I heard someone on the newcast read a post to their social media. She likened the different mRNA vaccines to different bottles of water. Same product different labels. That might be a bit simplified but it might help put things into perspective.

So far I haven't really had a reaction to my second dose (Pfizer, first was AZ). I keep waiting... I thought I had a headache but the weather is humid which always brings on headaches for me so I think it's that.

I feel for all the Pfizer people who may now get Moderna, but I think those are pretty closely related so I'd imagine it will be fine. I don't think we will be the only country to mix things. The US had a very different situation in terms of supply than we do. I thought I'd be getting Moderna for my second because I assumed the Pfizer would be reserved for the kids who have no choice what to get.

If it was me, I would want the second dose asap, even if it means mixing, within reason. I mean a few days? Maybe wait. A week or two? Probably do it now.

It just concerns me that I read somewhere that the US's CDC said you shouldn't mix the Pfizer and Moderna. That makes me wonder which is right. I know all the experts here in Canada are pushing the interchangeability of the two vaccines.

It just concerns me that I read somewhere that the US's CDC said you shouldn't mix the Pfizer and Moderna. That makes me wonder which is right. I know all the experts here in Canada are pushing the interchangeability of the two vaccines.
Doesn't the CDC also say you should get your second shot at 21 or 28 days? And here we are doing it at 8 weeks (used to be 16 weeks). So again... different plans for different countries. Bottom line is that the US doesn't deal with the supply issues we have had and continue to have so they don't need to pivot on a dime.

I live in the York region hot spot. This has been a banger month for us:

After waiting patiently since her March 2 first dose, my 80 year-old Mom was able to get her second shot of Pfizer at the beginning of June.

My DH had his second shot (Pfizer/Moderna) last week.

Today, I received my second dose 🎉 moderna after AZ.

Tomorrow, my DD21 and DD19 will get their second shots too (Moderna/Moderna).

I know it’s been a long road of waiting for vaccines, waiting for our turn to book, and then searching for slots ... but I feel it is an incredible feat that my family of three generations all received their second shot this month!

We have come a long way as a country, and I feel so thankful to everyone involved in the process. Yes waits and lines can be long — but it shows how we are all stepping up and doing our part.

Thanks. That was very informative. I ended up moving DS18's appointment to the Moderna, which is available next week, while his Pfizer appointment, which might be switched to Moderna anyway, was in late July.

I just hope they have enough Pfizer for my DS16 next week, as Moderna isn't approved for under 18. Maybe they're saving the Pfizer doses for those under 18?

Thanks. That was very informative. I ended up moving DS18's appointment to the Moderna, which is available next week, while his Pfizer appointment, which might be switched to Moderna anyway, was in late July.

I just hope they have enough Pfizer for my DS16 next week, as Moderna isn't approved for under 18. Maybe they're saving the Pfizer doses for those under 18?
They are definitely saving the Pfizer doses for the under 18! Should be fine🙂

I too am sure that they are saving the Pfizer for the younger set as Durham / Ajax is having a pop-up in the park this Saturday & Sunday for 12-17 year olds and their unvaccinated adults in the family.
I have decided to just go ahead with my appointment tomorrow and get the Moderna as I am afraid if I wait they will just say that they are saving the Pfizer for the 12-17 years olds and I will have waited for nothing.

Here in Ottawa, OPH has stated "The limited Pfizer vaccine will be reserved for youth 12 to 17 years old." at city-run/community clinics.

Two doses of AZ - The first on Apr 20 and the second 8 weeks later to the day. Same for DH. The first dose knocked us both off our rockers. Aches, pains, night sweats from hour 12 through to 36. Zero side effects from the second dose.

Happy with our choice. Two doses of the same vaccine, proven viral vector vaccine technology, very limited risk re blood clotting issue re dose 2 (which frankly wasn’t a big concern for me in dose 1), and only 7 more days to go until I am 14 days post-dose 2 and considered “fully vaccinated”. 👍🏻

Well I received my 2nd dose yesterday. I had AZ as my 1st dose on April 22nd and Pfizer as my 2nd dose. I’m in Hamilton and they are still using Pfizer for all ages. I had bad side effects with the 1st dose that started about 11 hrs after the shot and lasted a couple days, ie 39.9 degree temperature, but so far nothing with this shot except a sore arm and I received it at 2:20. I’m happy to finally have it done and over with. My DH goes on Saturday for his 2nd shot which makes me extremely happy that he will now 100% be able to come with me in September since there will be no quarantining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter