Poll: DVC Members' Interest in Universal's Resorts post Epic Universe opening

Will you (DVC member) stay at a Universal resort, within the first two years of Epic opening?

• Yes, first year

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Yes, second year

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • I'm going to EPIC, but staying DVC

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Bo1203

Mouseketeer
Checking out new photos of the Helios Grand Hotel. Interested to find out if other DVC members plan on trying it or any of Universal's offerings post Epic Universe opening.

I’m waiting to hear if the express passes will include the new park or not. We aren’t planning anything yet but we do love the Universal parks and typically stay two nights in the premier hotels. Nobody in my family is interested in staying DVC during US parks days since we go back to our rooms during the day to rest.

We got to USO, maybe once every 2 or 3 years for a full day. I’ve only stayed on property once and I liked it but didn’t see the need to do that regularly. That being said, we will definitely be visiting in the first year, probably late fall 2025 and will very likely splurge for a few nights at the Helios, especially if there’s any extra benefits for staying on property. I’m really excited to about this park, IA and USO, (aside from Harry Potter world and Velocicoaster!) were getting a bit stale for me.

We aren't big Universal fans but think Epic Universe looks intriguing. I'm sure we will check it out at some point. I voted staying DVC but if they do include Express Pass for EU with their deluxe hotel stays (I've heard speculation that might not be the case, at least initially) we might reconsider and just move over there for a couple of nights. It would depend on the cost of the hotel vs the cost of Express Pass which I imagine will be bonkers at least in the beginning.

I voted 2nd year but only because we travel to the Orlando area every other year as we fly in from Vancouver Island. We'll probably stay at a Premier hotel for 3-4 days as we want Express Pass and then move over to our DVC resort for the rest of our stay. We also travel in September so we can hopefully time it to also go to HHN. We haven't been to Universal since the first HP in 2014, if I remember correctly? So we are overdue. Admitedly it is to experiece HP as the rest of Universal we found just o.k. Quite looking forward to it!

I put maybe, because I definitely plan to visit Epic, but probably not in the first few years. I'll give the hype a little time to die down; it will probably still be quite crowded, but hopefully not at its worst.

About to plan our '25 trip. Definitely staying DVC, but Disney has not given us much (any) incentive to visit Disney parks exclusively. Thinking this might be the trip we stay at DAK then drive to Universal for at least part of the stay. Staying at Universal? Probably not - only doing one '25 trip and we need to use our points. I can't see Universal being all that motivated to offer incentives once Epic opens.

I’m a no. In fact I doubt I’ll even get over there on a day trip to check things out in the park during my annual Orlando jaunt.

We go to UO on a fairly regular basis, and am interested in eventually going to EU, but I voted "No" because I don't see the point of staying at a Universal hotel when I own DVC. We always rent a car when we go to Orlando anyway.

I have to read about what you all are talking about. It looks exciting.

We go to UO on a fairly regular basis, and am interested in eventually going to EU, but I voted "No" because I don't see the point of staying at a Universal hotel when I own DVC. We always rent a car when we go to Orlando anyway.
The universal express pass is an awesome perk of their deluxe hotels, and a couple of them are a super easy walk to both of the current parks. For us that's a lot of benefit. Plus the Helios will have a VGC style entrance directly into EU.

I'm pretty intrigued to see how the express pass perk will work at the new park, and what the transportation will look like.

EU looks very cool to us, will definitely be checking out! Not first year though. No way

YES! Voted 'one year,' but might wait a little longer. Will see if we can manage a trip, at a less busy time. Right now, we have to travel based on the school calendar.
We already stay onsite at Universal, usually in conjunction with our DVC stays. We love being in the Universal bubble. Sometimes stay premier for express passes, sometimes just value, just for ease of getting to/from hotel, and early entry. Sometimes have overlapping reservations, like currently have 1 week booked at BWV for October, but 1 of those nights will be staying onsite at Univeral for HHN.
SOOOOO excited for Epic, and hopefully can stay on site at the new premier hotel when we get the chance.

Last edited:
We love Universal and alternate with Disney trips or do a split stay. We love the express pass so will always stay at a Universal resort for Universal and DVC for Disney. Our plan is to do Dec. 2025. We will spend the weekend at Disney and then head to Epic Universe on a Monday for the rest of the week, hoping to stay at Helios.

I am a little worried about they will handle express pass. I’m thinking Epic universe might not have it for awhile, but if staying at Helios will that include express passes for the other two parks? I’m assuming the cost will be massive to stay at Helios and will be disappointed to not have them.

Yes will absolutely be going as soon as we can next year. Can’t wait to check out Epic. Will be staying at SSR though and taking an Uber, unless there are any decent offers on the universal hotels and/or an express pass for Epic is included… I doubt it will be for the first year

Haven't been to Universal since the first Harry Potter world opened, in general haven't been overly impressed by Universal's theming though admittedly Harry Potter theming is great. I think its worth checking out once every few years. If we do go I would like to stay at one of their deluxe resorts to skip the lines if that is still available. Having just returned from Disney and still having to wait in hour long virtual queue rides was not fun. Also determined that ILL is still needed if you want to do more than one popular attraction during early entry rope drop. So frustrating that I have to buy ILL and sometimes Genie + as well on top of my ticket purchase to have an enjoyable experience.

I clicked Maybe because I’m not sure when we might go. We are both Shrek-size, so there are a number of rides we can’t do. As a result, we visit UOR once every five years or so, mostly when my sister, who’s a roller coaster fanatic (Velocicoaster recently replaced Rip Ride Rocket as her favorite, but just barely), sets up a trip and we decide to go with her.

When we do go, we usually book a night in one of the deluxe hotels in order to get the Express Pass for everyone, not to mention that parking one night at the hotel covers two days of park visits so saves money there too. We have never actually slept at the hotel, though.

facebook twitter