Podcast Cruise 2.0 Thread FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Monday!!
I am back from my trip to Alabama, now I can concentrate on December full on!!

7 weeks until I leave for WDW
31.5 days (236 hrs) of work left until I leave for WDW.
47 days total until I arrive at WDW.

55 days until we board the
Wonder for PCC 2.0

Tracey,

I like this countdown... :thumbsup2

As Tracey has already noted, there are 55 days until:

Fun on a Boat!
Fun on a Boat!
Fun on a Boat!

speed-limit-55.jpg

Other fun things about 55, thanks to Wikipedia:I must say I have been looking forward to fifty-five!
•Fifty-five has the interesting property that it is the 10th Fibonacci number and the sum of the numbers 1 to 10.
•The atomic number of cesium.
•The speed that Sammy Hagar and VanHalen can't drive. ("I can't drive 55")(If you've ever ridden with me, you might notice the same issue.)
•In years of marriage, the emerald wedding anniversary.
•The code for international direct dial phone calls to Brazil.
•Known as 'double nickels'

Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

The bags are packed though and we are headed to F&WF for dinner.

Thx for taking one for the team and checking into things for the podcruise - have a fab trip, Lori! :woohoo:

All these countdowns are making me feel like I better get the last few details booked :rotfl2: and put together our touring plan/itin :surfweb:

The pumpkin trebuchets on the weekend were fun to watch :duck: and I was able to eat all things pumpkin and got my jack! :cloud9:

Make it a great week all! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Southwest added another option for my return flight.

Right now, the flight I normally take is $160. One stop, last flight.

The new one they added is $69. Two stops, second to last flight.

Do I dare be cheap and grab the $69 fare, knowing that there could be horrid weather delays and risk the two stops?

Do I dare be cheap and grab the $69 fare, knowing that there could be horrid weather delays and risk the two stops?

As long as you don't mind if you do get stuck somewhere (preferably in Orlando ;)) I'd go with the cheaper fare, does it cut into your time at WDW? If it's only a couple of hours you lose again I say go for the cheaper flight :thumbsup2

As long as you don't mind if you do get stuck somewhere (preferably in Orlando ;)) I'd go with the cheaper fare, does it cut into your time at WDW? If it's only a couple of hours you lose again I say go for the cheaper flight :thumbsup2

Its one hour less at WDW. Still trying to figure out where the plane stops. I think for nearly $100 I can live with the one less hour....

As Tracey has already noted, there are 55 days until:

Fun on a Boat!
Fun on a Boat!
Fun on a Boat!

speed-limit-55.jpg

Other fun things about 55, thanks to Wikipedia:I must say I have been looking forward to fifty-five!
•Fifty-five has the interesting property that it is the 10th Fibonacci number and the sum of the numbers 1 to 10.
•The atomic number of cesium.
•The speed that Sammy Hagar and VanHalen can't drive. ("I can't drive 55")(If you've ever ridden with me, you might notice the same issue.)
•In years of marriage, the emerald wedding anniversary.
•The code for international direct dial phone calls to Brazil.
•Known as 'double nickels'

Here's another little thing about the number 55....that's how old I'll be on Wednesday !!! lol

Living in a region that is prone to weather delays in the winter, I wouldn't do it. However, I guess it depends on whether you really have to make it home? Is there any cost to you for missing work due to the delay? For me, I wouldn't do it as I've suffered from enough delayed flights to know that time waiting in the airport/on the tarmac isn't worth the dollars saved. At the end of the trip, I just want to go home and be in my own place, not breathing recycled air, not having tired kids around me, etc.

cheers,

We now have a process for you to sign-up for your DisUnplugged Podcast Cruise 2.0 Credentials.

Go to this page http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/PCC20/PCC20_start.cfm and follow the steps for logging in and then signing up for credentials. I think you will find the process fairly self-explanatory.

During the process you will also see information on how we will be distributing the credentials.

Please note that credentials will be required to attend any and all DIS/Dreams sponsored events

I'm all filled out...thanks John !!!

Basically it is the same flight as your original flight with the added stop before changing planes in Nashville. You would leave for the airport on ME at 2 pm vs 3 pm and you would add an 1hr 15 minutes to your flight time. Is that worth $69.00? I would probably make the change and risk the weather for a $91 credit.

I am debating on changing my Non-stop flight to a later one with a layover later in the day, just so I don't have to be at the airport at 6:00 in the morning.

Just an added number to my post above...

There is only 68 Shopping Days until Christmas, not counting our days at WDW & on the Cruise which dramatically shorten this for each of us.

Here's another little thing about the number 55....that's how old I'll be on Wednesday !!! lol

We're not to 29 days yet, Cheri!

Living in a region that is prone to weather delays in the winter, I wouldn't do it. However, I guess it depends on whether you really have to make it home? Is there any cost to you for missing work due to the delay? For me, I wouldn't do it as I've suffered from enough delayed flights to know that time waiting in the airport/on the tarmac isn't worth the dollars saved. At the end of the trip, I just want to go home and be in my own place, not breathing recycled air, not having tired kids around me, etc.

cheers,

You guys get a little more lake effect snow than us, but that is part of my concern as well. $69 is just so hard to turn down, IMO. I can put up with tired kids, I can sleep through a hurricane. lol.

Next up is transport....get a room near the airport or rely upon family taxi services....

Good Morning Everyone !!! I had a busy weekend, helping my DD and her boyfriend paint the new house he has rented. We got a lot done, but still so much more to do. At least now, the rooms they "need" right away are done.

DGD and her friend cleaned the bathrooms and wiped out all the shelves and closets so they are ready to put stuff in now...

I'm not looking forward to my girls moving out, but at the same time, I look forward to getting my house back. The good thing is, they are in the same neighborhood so that my DGD can continue in the same school system that she is used to and can remain with her friends...actually, the house is only 5 or 6 blocks away from me...close enough for a nice walk.

With my upcoming surgery, I won't be able to help them move in, but I can supervise !!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Morning Everyone!! :)

Can't wait for the cruise. Ater a pretty hectic weekend I'm ready for some R&R. :boat:

More money for WDW if you change flights.....

Airplanes... mine is not flying at the best time of day. My incoming flight gets in to Orlando 6:30 PM, means a whole vacation day is travel, not having fun. My flight home has Magical Express picking me up at 9:00 am, but I will get home at a reasonable time, by 5:00 in the afternoon. My thrill is that they are both non-stop flights, under four hours flight time. You can harldly go anywhere on a non-stop from Portland or Bangor, Maine!

I have been getting emails about flights from Bangor that are slightly cheaper. But they have one or two stops. Total time including layover is seven to eight hours!

I am really looking forward to the non-stop flights!

WOW!
Look at my countdown ship!
It is on top the sandcastle! I am aftraid it will sail right out of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter