PLEASE,,,,,Stop calling Riviera an EPCOT resort.

It is not an EPCOT resort.
Just because it has a skyliner stop at it does not make it an EPCOT. If that is a requirement then we need to call the rest of CBR, POP, and AoA all EPCOT resorts as well.
It is on the former lands of buildings that were part of CBR and that was never seen an EPCOT resort.
It is a nice shiny building that is not close to anything, much like Coronado Springs.
If there is bad weather,,guess what,,bus.
Even when weather is fine,,,,have you seen the line for the skyliner at the end of the night,,,back to Stormalong Bay. Busses have way shorter lines.
Not here to start a fight,,,,just makes me crazy with people calling it and giving it credit for something that is not.
My definition of an EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs etc. resort is one that you can reasonably walk to get there.

While we're whining about things that are annoying or that are spelled wrong could we add that it's Jambo not Jumbo and it's Kidani not Kadani?! I cringe every time I read a post on the DISboards or in a FB group where people can't be bothered to spell those 2 words correctly.

I mean I don't consider it an Epcot resort. True Epcot resorts are boardwalk. YC, and BC.. Swan Dolphin etc. I dislike the skyliner and quite frankly would just rather walk from any of these other resorts.

However, It is an Epcot " area " resort. Kind of like the same way the WL is a MK " area " resort. You can take a boat directly to MK. You can take the skyliner directly to Epcot

Why would people at Epcot staying BC/YC need a bus?
We stayed at Riviera, used the Skyliner because we had ADR at Beaches and Cream, then the rains came and we needed to get back to Riviera from BC. We had two ECV’s. There would be a bus from BCV, but the CM’s took pity on us and ordered a Mini van for our group!

While we're whining about things that are annoying or that are spelled wrong could we add that it's Jambo not Jumbo and it's Kidani not Kadani?! I cringe every time I read a post on the DISboards or in a FB group where people can't be bothered to spell those 2 words correctly.
And O’hana’s! Instead of ‘Ohana. I can deal with a missing ‘ before the O, but making it look Irish drives me crazy. Especially after Lilo & Stitch taught everyone what ‘Ohana means.

Last edited:
Here it is! Technically closer to Epcot than POFQ and OKW, but not by much - and only easier to get to when Skyliner is running. I'm all for saying the resort is only attached to a park if you can walk to it - even if it is a long walk.
View attachment 781203
It was a joke, the OP in the title called it “Rivera”, not Riviera (misspelled). I believe it’s been corrected. But thank you! 🤣

And O’hana’s! Instead of ‘Ohana. I can deal with a missing ‘ before the O, but making it look Irish drives me crazy. Especially after Lilo & Stitch taught everyone what ‘Ohana means.
And it’s Cinderella Castle, not Cinderella’s Castle.

Although Disney itself sometimes refer to Epcot as EPCOT, technically several years ago they formally changed the name to Epcot.
When it was EPCOT, technically it was “EPCOT Center”.

Sorry for the thread drift.

OMG, is the OP ok?

Who cares?

Enjoy the resort call it what ever makes you happy

Hate the resort call it what ever makes you happy…..

This like all the people the refer to the magic kingdom as “Disney”

And get really mad when they are told the whole place is Disney ….

As a Riviera DVC points owner I tell people “it’s kinda an Epcot resort”

Agreed & while we’re at it, the hallways in Jambo are named after African animals, thus Kudu trail is named after the large antelope called a Kudu. There is no animal called a Kudo - indeed to give kudos means to bestow an honor or award. I think the origin of that particular misspelling was a map of Jambo w/ sloppy print.
IMG_0038.png

Wait, so you mean there's no Step Dancers at O'hana's?!
I changed my reservation so I could see O'hana's show instead of Ragland Road this trip!!

Why would people at Epcot staying BC/YC need a bus?
Just because guests are coming from epcot doesn't mean they are heading "home" . They may choose to hop a bus to another park or Disney springs, which since many buses are already often having difficulty (at least in the past) servicing the two and sometimes three resorts they were meant to serve initially can make it even harder for these guests if a large influx of redirected guests are sent there (if no additional buses are brought onboard.)

Just because guests are coming from epcot doesn't mean they are heading "home" . They may choose to hop a bus to another park or Disney springs, which since many buses are already often having difficulty (at least in the past) servicing the two and sometimes three resorts they were meant to serve initially can make it even harder for these guests if a large influx of redirected guests are sent there (if no additional buses are brought onboard.)
Buses do not go from Epcot to Disney Springs. If going to MK there is no direct bus service from Epcot to Magic Kingdom Park available., so why not the monorail. As to AK it would be closed and Studios, take the skyliner or boats.

Last edited:
My pet one is the people who refuse, despite repeated attempts, to comprehend that Disneyland and Walt Disney World are two different places located on opposite sides of the country. They cannot be used interchangeably.
They might as well be on two different planets, some can not understand the are similar, but not identical

facebook twitter