PLEASE,,,,,Stop calling Riviera an EPCOT resort.

mort1331

DIS Veteran
It is not an EPCOT resort.
Just because it has a skyliner stop at it does not make it an EPCOT. If that is a requirement then we need to call the rest of CBR, POP, and AoA all EPCOT resorts as well.
It is on the former lands of buildings that were part of CBR and that was never seen an EPCOT resort.
It is a nice shiny building that is not close to anything, much like Coronado Springs.
If there is bad weather,,guess what,,bus.
Even when weather is fine,,,,have you seen the line for the skyliner at the end of the night,,,back to Stormalong Bay. Busses have way shorter lines.
Not here to start a fight,,,,just makes me crazy with people calling it and giving it credit for something that is not.

Just because it has a skyliner stop at it does not make it an EPCOT. If that is a requirement then we need to call the rest of CBR, POP, and AoA all EPCOT resorts as well.
It is on the former lands of buildings that were part of CBR and that was never seen an EPCOT resort.
It is a nice shiny building that is not close to anything, much like Coronado Springs.
Even when weather is fine,,,,have you seen the line for the skyliner at the end of the night,,,back to Stormalong Bay. Busses have way shorter lines.
Not here to start a fight,,,,just makes me crazy with people calling it and giving it credit for something that is not.
Please stop telling others what to do - we can call it whatever.

Its how Disney Markets it in terms of how they assess the geography for their resorts around their parks. Disney also calls a lot of their resorts "deluxe" as well - and while I may have a different definition on that word then them - I don't really care what they classify them as ...

To that end, why is this so important to you because you don't really say why this is such a big issue ...

OH NO! CBR, Riv, Pop and AoA are also considered Hollywood Studios resorts by Disney? How can that be??? Are they EPCOT or are they HS? Or are they independent?? I didn't realize this was an issue......!!

On July 4th, 1/2 hour after the fireworks ended, the line was still building for the Skyliner and it was beyond the back entrance to BCV and the CM was assuring that they would get everyone and the wait time at that point was way over an hour.

BCV, that’s an Epcot resort!

I definitely see your point.

Do you consider WL/CCV/BRV to be MK resorts? I’m pretty sure Disney does, even if they aren’t walkable. Heck, Poly and VGF only just became walkable recently and they are definitely considered MK resorts.

We are big BC owners, don’t get me wrong, but I definitely see the merit of Riviera as well for that area, especially for my daughter who is a lazy walker. I’d like to own there someday if only to have a cheaper alternative when having to replace all of our BC points with BC2!

I hear you and personally agree no matter what marketing tells you something is.

One other thought - I HATE the buses. With a passion. They take forever to come, and always seem to be missing, crowded, or slow. Skyliner works fine when it runs, and if it isn’t I can always walk 5 more minutes to the front of BC and call a Lyft. Granted, I agree that at the end of the night that doesn’t really work, but we rarely (never) stay out that late.

Do you consider WL/CCV/BRV to be MK resorts? I’m pretty sure Disney does, even if they aren’t walkable. Heck, Poly and VGF only just became walkable recently and they are definitely considered MK resorts.

We are big BC owners, don’t get me wrong, but I definitely see the merit of Riviera as well for that area, especially for my daughter who is a lazy walker. I’d like to own there someday if only to have a cheaper alternative when having to replace all of our BC points with BC2!
I do not consider WL/CCV/BRV or the Campsites MK resorts.

PLEASE stop calling it Rivera. This ain't the movie Coco. Riveria is also not acceptable.

It's Riviera. :P

Last edited:

facebook twitter