Please recommend your DVC guide

Sounds like a lot of good recommendations. I'd feel bad not putting a word in for my guide. He has done a lot for us over the two years we have been members. He has been able to work with us in some very creative ways that I'm sure were hard to get approved and he almost always comes through. He follows up and tries his best to visit us when we are in town. He can also help with VGC/VDH as he can sell in CA too. He's even helped us when we had some pain with a resale contract.... -

GARRETT B. FORD

CA License#:02207669

Vacation Club Guide | 🌎 Disney Vacation Club® | Days Off: Sunday/Saturday

Saratoga Springs Resort DVC Preview Center | Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

garrett.ford@disney.com ☎️ (407) 827-6619 | 📞 (800) 827-0402
Garrett is our guide and is wonderful!

I'm glad you asked this - we liked our original guy, he left and the new one... I can't say anything is exactly wrong but I don't feel like he's got an interest in helping us get a deal at all. We're debating between three different things, and I wondered if there was a way to "lock in" the current incentive while being able to see the next and have learned WAY more reading these boards than by talking to the guide.
I often feel like there are things the guides are only able to do "if you ask" or "if they can say the only way the sale could happen was if "this" was the way to make the deal go through"... That's where these boards are especially helpful...

I'm glad you asked this - we liked our original guy, he left and the new one... I can't say anything is exactly wrong but I don't feel like he's got an interest in helping us get a deal at all. We're debating between three different things, and I wondered if there was a way to "lock in" the current incentive while being able to see the next and have learned WAY more reading these boards than by talking to the guide.
There definitely is! We are in the process of locking in Riviera's incentives with a delayed close so we have time to see next round and/or wait for Poly. Our guide is Paul Gale (DL based but can sell FL properties) and he has been so helpful, honest and non-pushy. We were in touch with him and actually decided to buy resale first, but he kept us on his email update list with the latest event calendars for DL and WDW, no attitude whatsoever about buying resale first. When we have asked questions but not pulled the trigger over the past several months, he has answered with no pressure whatsoever.

Now that we are getting serious - he applied the welcome home discount without us asking (said he assumed we had a reservation on property somewhere) - this is compared to reports of the RIV guides who argue about applying it once off site. He also immediately provided me an option to lock in this round of incentives while keeping our options open.

He has worked with DVC for quite awhile, so is very well versed in the ins and outs.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 3

I often feel like there are things the guides are only able to do "if you ask" or "if they can say the only way the sale could happen was if "this" was the way to make the deal go through"... That's where these boards are especially helpful...
Yeah I think that’s good advice.

Gather info on incentives and terms here (or wherever), then call your guide and confirm what applies to you. Saves time! If you are interested in ‘straddling’ 2 incentive periods let the guide know. If you’re guide is not agreeing to what you see other buyers getting, ask them to doublecheck it is or isn’t possible.

For those looking to switch guides, we did it recently and it was easy. We had a guide assigned after resale (actually a second or third one after the original left DVC). After speaking to them a few times, it just didn't feel right. We learned a lot from this forum and either the guide didn't want to put in the effort to help us with what we wanted or didn't have a high enough authority, even when supposedly going to their manager. Given how much money DVC is, we also wanted to feel comfortable with our guide

We found a referral on the forum and reached out. We were upfront about already having a guide and the new guide just said that if we wanted to switch, just send an email to them requesting that they become our guide and they would take care of the rest. Very easy and we didn't have to deal with an awkward conversation with our old guide.

We've purchased with Rob. Very easy to work with and is based in CA. I'd recommend him.

Rob Gleason
Disney Vacation Club Guide, Sales
Email: robert.gleason@disney.com
Phone: 407-827-6163 / (844) 483-0808
FL DBPR License #SL3267217
CA DRE License #02042150

I also met Paul Gale, who was mentioned above, during my recent stay at VDH. Very friendly and zero pressure. Wouldn't think twice about using him either.

Our guide retired a couple of years ago and they assigned us Tony Capetillo, nice guy, no complaints, nor raving reviews.
We decided last year to switch to a guide in CA as this is where we live.
It is really nice to stop in and say 'hi' and keep in the loop of thing when visiting Disneyland.
Our CA guide is Brandon Sanchez - Tel: 407-827-6195

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but out of curiosity, does anyone know how many guides are generally employed at any one time?

Our guide retired a couple of years ago and they assigned us Tony Capetillo, nice guy, no complaints, nor raving reviews.
We decided last year to switch to a guide in CA as this is where we live.
It is really nice to stop in and say 'hi' and keep in the loop of thing when visiting DisneyIand.
Our CA guide is Brandon Sanchez - Tel: 407-827-6195
Where do you stop in, is there a DVC office in VDH? (i can't remember, but i'm thinking ground floor when you first walk in?) Or somewhere else?

Where do you stop in, is there a DVC office in VDH? (i can't remember, but i'm thinking ground floor when you first walk in?) Or somewhere else?
Not in the VDH tower. There is one in the Fantasy Tower, inside the main doors to the right.

There's also a DVC office in Grand Cal near the fitness center.

We had a really great guide when we recently took a tour of the new DVC wing at Disneyland, I just can't remember her name. I'll go through my emails and see if I can find her.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest