Please... Maihama Station, Monorail station and loop and Ikspiari ? some confusion on my part...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
We are heading to Japan in Nov. of this year... and will be visiting TDR in the middle of our trip... We are thinking about taking the train, from Odaiba to TDR...

In talking to some friends I am confused on the locations, that's what happens everyone has their version, and everyone has a opinion of the best way to get around... Can someone please tell me where everything is at...Lets just say that it was way to much information at once... and now I am confused...

Location of Maihama Station?
To where the monorail station is located?
to where Ikspiari is located?

1) So can I get on the Monorail at Maihama station? and ride it to the Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel we will have luggage with us? or should I just plan on getting a taxi to from Maihama to the hotel and make it simple...

So can some please clear this up for us?

2) With the monorail stops for the parks being just one stop for both parks...? correct?

3) As well are the monorail stations located in close proximity to the hotels, particularly the Hilton Tokyo Bay? reasonable walking distant?

4) Where do I buy the monorail pass at?

Thanks in advance...

Maihama, the monorail, Ikspiari, and the Welcome Center are all basically part of the same complex, all located next to each other. See map below.

1) Yes. Monorail will be easier than taxi.

2) Each park has its own stop.

3) There’s a station across the street from the Hilton and a shuttle to take you there. If the shuttle was waiting when we left the hotel in the morning we would ride it over, otherwise we just walked to the station because it took the same amount of time (a couple minutes).

4) I don’t remember specifically but I assume at the station.

325A93DC-9938-4EF2-9429-7426F92698E7.jpeg

When you exit the Maihama station, you will have the option of connecting to the Hilton's bus as well as the monorail at the Resort Gateway. I've circled in lime green Maihama, Resort Gateway, and the Official Hotels bus stops (1 level down).
maihama station to hilton.png

Ikspiari starts just below Resort Gateway as you can see on the map below the Resort Gateway circle.

You will first exit from Maihama station (signs for Tokyo Disney Resort). From there, you have two options: bus or monorail.

If you choose to take the bus, you walk a bit forward to the left and you will see a set of stairs going down. It's right across from Becker's Coffee Shop and there's an elevator there as well. Once downstairs, you walk right along the sidewalk until you see signs for various hotel buses.

To take the monorail, when you exit from Maihama, you walk to the left past the Welcome Center to Resort Gateway Station. There are machines there to buy your ticket. The monorail is a loop and goes: Resort Gateway (Maihama) > Tokyo Disneyland > Bayside (Hilton + other hotels) > Disneysea > Resort Gateway. The entrance to Ikspiari is right next to Resort Gateway Station and when you exit Maihama station, you may be able to see Ikspiari just by looking to the left.

There are machines to buy tickets at any of the four stations so you can buy it at Bayside station if you get to the Hilton via other means. There is a shuttle from Bayside station to the Hilton but it is often faster to walk a bit to just cross the street from the station to the Hilton.

Thanks so much everyone.... I copied and pasted each one of your post to my notes... :thanks: ::yes:::hug:

Truthfully... After listening to different people, tell us this or that... It seemed like they all took a taxi from the Maihama station to the Hotels, and used taxi to get to the monorail station and/or Ikspiari....

DH said I knew that if I asked here, I would get the right info...

Thanks so much everyone.... I copied and pasted each one of your post to my notes... :thanks: ::yes:::hug:

Truthfully... After listening to different people, tell us this or that... It seemed like they all took a taxi from the Maihama station to the Hotels, and used taxi to get to the monorail station and/or Ikspiari....

DH said I knew that if I asked here, I would get the right info...

The advantage of taking the taxi is that you don't have to walk as far or wait for the monorail or bus. I've never taken the taxi but based on the distance, it probably costs like 1,000 to 1,200 JPY. The bus on the other hand is free and the monorail is a maximum of 260 JPY per person. If you take the monorail more than that one time that day, the monorail can be even cheaper than that using the day pass. So you are paying extra for a taxi to save a few minutes and a bit of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!