please help with reservation points

jbzx99

Earning My Ears
I HAVE ABOUT 190 PTS IN RESERVATION STATUS WHICH I NEED TO USE BY AUG 2003. WHAT HOTEL(S) WOULD ANYONE SUGGEST TO STAY IN.(BEST POOL/SLIDES, FOOD ETC.) I KNOW I CANNOT STAY AT DVC SITES., BUT CAN I STAY AT THE BEACH CLUB AND USE THE POOL(STORMALONG BAY)?????

Can you clarify this a bit? It doesn't make sense that you're stating that you cannot stay at DVC sites.

Thanks!:D

I assuming you made a non DVC reservation and then cancelled it or that these are part of a resale in the same situation. Each person has their own preferences. One thought would be to stay at the Yacht Club and you can then use SAB. While the BC is lockout out, YC is not. Personally, I'd have to look at AKL or the Poly. Of course, you could even rent them out. I'm not sure if you can use them for a cruise but that might be another option.

According to the Member Guidebook, you should be able to use reservation points for anything in the Disney Collection, which as you know, includes many of the non-DVC WDW Resort Hotels, the Disneyland California Hotels, the Disneyland Paris hotels and the Disney Cruise Line. You can also use reservations points for options in the Concierge Collection and the Adventurer Collection.

If I had to use points for a non-DVC WDW resort stay, I'd pick the AKL - maybe for a concierge level room so that I could go on the Sunrise Safari. I'd think about Disneyland Paris or a cruise, too!Might need more than 190 points for a cruise, though.

Have fun making your decision.

I am not sure why you can not stay at a dvc resort. Could you tell me more about this? How did you obtain the points, etc. I would also recommend AKL. We stayed there in June and loved it. I could walk from the pool to one of the overlook areas and watch the girraffs. It was so cool. Coronado Springs is a moderate resort, but has and AWESOME pool. We also stayed there in June. We also loved it! It was beautiful. The reason I am asking about your points is because we are new dvc members and I am wondering if there is something I do not know about. I am sure you will enjoy any wdw resort. They are all great.

jzbx 99 is correct that points in reservation status can't be used at a DVC resort. They, or someone else, made reservations somewhere other than a DVC resort, and then canceled. Once you do that, you can't use those pts at a DVC resort anymore--When you stay at a non-DVC resort, DVC purchased with dollars the place you wanted to stay. That rule prevents DVC--and its members--from ever becoming bankrupt, which is happening with frightening regularity at timeshares these days. Our memberships would be worth $0 if something like that happened! Since you want to get the most bang for your buck, I would agree with everyone else and stay at either AKL or YC--the pt difference between them and the moderate resorts isn't very much, yet at AKL or YC you get so much more.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest