PLEASE HELP! Sick kid. Cruise leaves tomorrow.

Big hugs to you and your daughter. I am glad to hear Disney has stepped up to help you. I hope you two can still salvage your vacation and enjoy this time together.

Glad you listened to your gut! I hope she gets feeling better soon! It's so scary having sick kids.

Lollipop's Mom said:
I am the op. I couldn't get logged in earlier. I haven't read all messages but here is where we are at. My gut told me something more was going on and we needed help. I'm extremely glad I listened to my gut. We were brought to the hospital and she has a super flu that had her so dehydrated she needed 3 bags of fluids. The flu caused a massive UTI as well and she had iv antibiotics. They figure by Monday she will be back to herself. Disney is taking care of us. Put us in akl club level so she can get better and I have easy access to some food. Hoping by tues we can salvage and go take slow days at the parks.

Mother's intuition is generally right. :)

Hoping she is feeling better soon. You need to take care of yourself too. Try to get some rest.

So sorry to have read about your daughter but I'm glad to know Disney has been of help. Hope your daughter feels better quickly and that she is able to enjoy some time at disney. You will enjoy the cruise next time, so glad you decided to stay at disney and go to the hospital! :)

Now I'm

Stranded at the hospital. No taxis available for 2 hours. I just want to get back to the hotel. I'm so exhausted, hungry and have no ride. I want to sit and cry.

Now I'm

Stranded at the hospital. No taxis available for 2 hours. I just want to get back to the hotel. I'm so exhausted, hungry and have no ride. I want to sit and cry.

:( That sucks. See if the gift shop has a deck of cards. Normally in hospitals there are nice places to relax, you two can play cards and relax while you wait for your ride.

Lollipop's Mom said:
Now I'm

Call your contact at Disney (whomever you have been dealing with) as k them if they can arrange transportation for you.

so sorry that this has happened to you and your daughter, hope she starts to feel better very soon! Wish I was there and able to help you out in anyway possible, all we can do is send some pixie dust your way! Please let us know how things are going, and feel free to pm me even just to vent out as I would be happy to listen and help anyway possible!:goodvibes

Apparently there is an AKL van on its way! OMG this is a nightmare. No one really speaks English here and barely understands us. I feel like I'm in a foreign country not the USA.

There is a shuttle the resorts use that will pick you up. Call the front desk at the resort.

So sad for you guys. How old is your daughter?

It's such a bummer how these things happen sometimes. It makes you wonder, why now???

If you want I'm a local cast member and I am more then willing to come pick you and your dd to the hotel

Lollipop's Mom said:
I am the op. I couldn't get logged in earlier. I haven't read all messages but here is where we are at. My gut told me something more was going on and we needed help. I'm extremely glad I listened to my gut. We were brought to the hospital and she has a super flu that had her so dehydrated she needed 3 bags of fluids. The flu caused a massive UTI as well and she had iv antibiotics. They figure by Monday she will be back to herself. Disney is taking care of us. Put us in akl club level so she can get better and I have easy access to some food. Hoping by tues we can salvage and go take slow days at the parks.

Oh I'm so, so happy to hear how she's doing! Thank goodness you listened to your gut...and not some of the foolish "medical" advice others gave, as an RN, MSN I can tell you A MOTHER KNOWS HER CHILD BEST!!! Love and prayers to you and your daughter

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)

If you want I'm a local cast member and I am more then willing to come pick you and your dd to the hotel

how kind of you to offer, hope you are able to reach out to her and her daughter even just as someone to lean on since you are close by. Hope knowing there are many of us who really care helps the family!:thumbsup2

I work at Disney not for the money but to see our guests happy and I will go to any extent to help if I can

boundfordisney said:
how kind of you to offer, hope you are able to reach out to her and her daughter even just as someone to lean on since you are close by. Hope knowing there are many of us who really care helps the family!:thumbsup2

God Bless you !

I work at Disney not for the money but to see our guests happy and I will go to any extent to help if I can

its people like you who make disney what it is , the feeling of family and sharing fun times THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!:thumbsup2

Van should be here any minute I think. I haven't eaten all day. I'm starving and need bed. This is not a good day. Can only get better right? It's prez weekend and I'm praying we can even get a room. Hospital bill $6000. I had to pay $1400 up front. Insurance reimburses. Let this be a lesson. Always keep a $5000 EMPTY card or have that cash available when traveling. My refund won't be instant, but I have enough savings to cover a week at akl with dink g and tix if she gets better, plus the med bill.

Lollipop's Mom said:
Apparently there is an AKL van on its way! OMG this is a nightmare. No one really speaks English here and barely understands us. I feel like I'm in a foreign country not the USA.

Praying for you !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter