Please explain SoCa City pass

disneynewman

DIS Veteran
We have just decided that our next Disney trip will be our first trip to DLR. I think we want the City Pass ticket but can someone explain exactly how it works and how many days in each park it allows you. Can you park hop between DCA and DL? Is it one ticket that is good every where or multi tickets....:confused:

TIA

i did the pass last year! and it worked out! think of it just a book of coupons! basicallly you get 3 days at disneyland and Cali Advanture land. u get to disnyeland then go to guest serivce then they will give u exchange your coupons for tickets! then you go to Universal studios (1 day) , Sea world (1 Day) and then your chose of the San Diego Zoo or Wild life park. just make sure you dont tear out all unused coupons at onces! they want it remain in the book and the park officials to tear them out when u get there!

and also! the drive to seaworld is about an hour n half from disneyland! so its not too bad at all! and your Disneyland ticket is the hooper pass! so u can go back and fourth as many times between the 2 disney resort as you like! try to get it at costco! i saved maybe $30 over the regualr price for those passes

We bought ours from Costco and used it earlier this month. The ones that we got from our local Costco is a plastic card the size of a credit card.

At Seaworld, San Diego Zoo and Universal we went straight to the turnstiles and were admitted with the Southern California City Pass card. At DLR we also went straight to the turnstiles, but they scanned the card and gave us 3 day park hoppers to use from then on. Also, since it's a 3 day hopper, it comes with 1 magic morning.

We bought ours from Costco and used it earlier this month. The ones that we got from our local Costco is a plastic card the size of a credit card.

At Seaworld, San Diego Zoo and Universal we went straight to the turnstiles and were admitted with the Southern California City Pass card. At DLR we also went straight to the turnstiles, but they scanned the card and gave us 3 day park hoppers to use from then on. Also, since it's a 3 day hopper, it comes with 1 magic morning.

I just got my plastic cards from Costco for our April trip, and I was also wondering if I needed the tickets. So do I need to go to Guest Services first, or do they scan them at the turnstiles and there's where they gave you the tickets?

I seem to recall hearing that someone had done that before. I'm almost certain it is possible - as far I am aware, you can upgrade any kind of Disneyland ticket. If nobody else pipes up and you are still worried about it, you might consider calling Guest Services and asking a CM. :)

If you buy the pass from the Universal website and use it there first, you get a second day free.

I just got my plastic cards from Costco for our April trip, and I was also wondering if I needed the tickets. So do I need to go to Guest Services first, or do they scan them at the turnstiles and there's where they gave you the tickets?

No, you do not have to go to guest services first. You can go directly to the turnstiles with the SCCP and the CM will issue you 3 day park hopper tickets right there at the turnstile.

I was also wondering if you could upgrade the 3 days to a 4 or 5 day ticket. Anyone?:confused3

Yes, we were able to upgrade our 3 day park hoppers to 4 day park hoppers. Just a word of warning though, there seems to be some confusion at DLR about this. At first I went to guest services and was told that I couldn't upgrade because the tickets were discounted tickets. I knew that I could do it from reading the DISboards :hippie:, so I tried again, the second time I went to one of the ticket booths as I was exiting the park mid day and the CM did it for me although he took some time trying to figure out how to put it into his computer. He was gave me my original tickets back and said that those were now 4 day hoppers, but then he called me back to the window when he realized that his computer was printing out new 4 day hoppers that I was supposed to use from then on. He manually date stamped on the new park hoppers the dates that I had already visited the park so that the CM's at the turnstiles would know how many days I had already used.

Hope that helps!

Do you remember how much it cost to upgrade?? Was it just the difference between a normal 3-day to 4-day upgrade or was it more since the ticket was discounted?? We are going in Sept and I think the City Pass might be a good option for us but I wanted 4 days at DL/DCA.

You get $204 credit per adult and $174 credit per child ticket. You can use this toward any upgrade (4,5,6 day park hoppers, or annual passes). Just subtract the $204 (or $174) from the 'at the gate' ticket price for the upgrade you want. For example, my family is doing this in June. We are upgrading to 6 day park hoppers, regular price is $254 subtract $204, equals $50 upgrade price per adult. Child, regular price is $224, subtract $174, equals $50 upgrade price per child.

I think its a great deal.

Steve

You get $204 credit per adult and $174 credit per child ticket. You can use this toward any upgrade (4,5,6 day park hoppers, or annual passes). Just subtract the $204 (or $174) from the 'at the gate' ticket price for the upgrade you want. For example, my family is doing this in June. We are upgrading to 6 day park hoppers, regular price is $254 subtract $204, equals $50 upgrade price per adult. Child, regular price is $224, subtract $174, equals $50 upgrade price per child.

I think its a great deal.

Steve

Steve who did you talk to? I called tickets and reservations and they told me the credit would only be $184 for adults

A normal 3-day park hopper is $184 for adults right now. When you get the socal city pass you are getting a discounted 3-day hopper, discounted tickets for two of the other parks, and the third park for free. When you upgrade to a four-day hopper you might get $184 credit, or you might get credit for the discounted 3-day hopper.

Someone on the DIS reported that they got credit for the full 3-day hopper when they upgraded to 4-day hoppers. ($184 for adults)

If I buy the passes from the DL site, do we have to go to DL 1st?
I'm so confused...
We will be flying into San Diego, going to the zoo & sea world for a couple of days then driving up to DL & Universal.

I think I've read somewhere that if you buy the passes from the DL site, you need to redeem them at DLR first. Also, if you buy it from Universal, it's the same.
If you're going first to San Diego you might want to confirm that.

What if you buy them at Costco? Where do you have to redeem them first. Also - does anyone know the costco price?

What if you buy them at Costco? Where do you have to redeem them first. Also - does anyone know the costco price?

You can redeem them at any park first. At DL/CA you just go up to the turnstiles, they swipe the card and give you Disney Resort 'paper' tickets. Check costco.com under entertainment and tickets for price. Last I looked they were out of them.

STeve

You can redeem them at any park first. At DL/CA you just go up to the turnstiles, they swipe the card and give you Disney Resort 'paper' tickets. Check costco.com under entertainment and tickets for price. Last I looked they were out of them.

STeve

Thanks for the info - while I didn't look the last time I go - I usually always see them at my local costco. Are you just saying they are out online - or have people been reporting that they are out at the regular stores too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts