Plaza and multiple food allergies?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
How is the Plaza Restaurant for food allergies? My daughter needs her food cooked- single ingredient by itself in a clean pan, ie. hamburger cooked in a clean pan by itself, nothing else added.
Anyone have any experiences there?

When I ate there in August, they were very good. I made advance reservations, and had been in contact with special services, because my list is quite long.

Unfortunately, I had a not-so-good experience a few weeks ago communicating with the chef. I need to eat low-sodium, so my food needs aren't as concerning as yours, otherwise I would have asked for someone else. It was just that he had such a heavy accent that I couldn't understand him, and I'm not sure he could understand me. I thought I asked for the dressing for my salad on the side, and yet I got a salad with no dressing and the cheese on the side. Maybe that's what he thought I said! Compared to the previous day, when I ate at Yak and Yeti, it was a big disappointment.

How is the Plaza Restaurant for food allergies? My daughter needs her food cooked- single ingredient by itself in a clean pan, ie. hamburger cooked in a clean pan by itself, nothing else added.
Anyone have any experiences there?

We've had no problems eating there with my son who has some of the major allergens, but most Disney restaurants are good with the major ones. I just wanted to add that in our experience, your dining experience will greatly depend on what chef happens to be on duty that evening and is helping you. Certainly some restaurants are known for not being great with allergies, but even the good ones we sometimes get a "meh" experience because of the chef. And that is sometimes "meh" compared to a "wow" - sometimes the chef goes out of their way to be helpful. Because it sounds like the allergies aren't standard (or are extensive?) then it would be good to be in contact with special services for dining just to get that box ticked and so you have their input and assistance.

Unfortunately, I had a not-so-good experience a few weeks ago communicating with the chef. I need to eat low-sodium, so my food needs aren't as concerning as yours, otherwise I would have asked for someone else. It was just that he had such a heavy accent that I couldn't understand him, and I'm not sure he could understand me. I thought I asked for the dressing for my salad on the side, and yet I got a salad with no dressing and the cheese on the side. Maybe that's what he thought I said! Compared to the previous day, when I ate at Yak and Yeti, it was a big disappointment.

It all depends which chef is on shift at the time there now unfortunately.

That would be a little disappointment in my book, but we each have our own books, I guess. It would be little to me because I could have asked the waitress to bring the dressing, and I could have put the cheese on the salad myself. A big disappointment would have been to not be able to eat the food because it was covered in salty stuff and waiting for it to be made appropriately while everyone else had their food sitting in front of them. BTW, there's a lot of salt in most cheese, so maybe that's why they put it on the side?

It entirely depends on what chef you see at the time of your visit. We didn't have a great experience the two times we were there. Items that were already premade with sauces, no plain potato options (my twins only carb). Took forever to come up with something and it wasn't ideal. Now a plain burger patty shouldn't be an issue to get anywhere they have burgers, but if you want something more results will vary.

It entirely depends on what chef you see at the time of your visit. We didn't have a great experience the two times we were there. Items that were already premade with sauces, no plain potato options (my twins only carb). Took forever to come up with something and it wasn't ideal. Now a plain burger patty shouldn't be an issue to get anywhere they have burgers, but if you want something more results will vary.
at the park I work at we got a new burger machine this season and your plain burger is not as plain as you would think as there is a spray that has to be used and I react to it. all I have heard is how much better the burgers are this year but I cant eat them

I had a great experience at the Plaza Restaurant. The chef mad me my first safe shake in years. instead of using the machine to mix it he mixed it by hand. he was equally careful with the rest of the meal.

Last edited:
at the park I work at we got a new burger machine this season and your plain burger is not as plain as you would think as there is a spray that has to be used and I react to it. all I have heard is how much better the burgers are this year but I cant eat them

Ugh, that's horrible news. This happened to us with French Fries a few years back. First trip we found several places with dedicated fryers and they were made from real potato. The very next trip they were all prepackaged with coatings on them containing several allergens and no more dedicated fryers. Once in a while a TS restaurant will bake some fries if they have advanced notice but otherwise we are out of luck. And some of our favorite QS options have disappeared this year as well.

Thank you so much for mentioning this as I'll be sure to send in the allergy form I was going to skip for the first time as we seemed to get comfortable with what the offerings would be.

Any idea what's in the spray?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter