Planning Journal Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what is happening here. What is the difference if some people want to stay in touch? I think the point here is being missed. I am all for organization which I am sure many of us are but doesnt the start of your new life as a married couple also go on topic with weddings?

The main point here is that we are going through a very important step in our lives. Getting married is one of the most important moments. We are on here for a year or two planning our weddings, venting about problems that happen during the planning process and getting support from the fellow Disbrides. This bonds you with people. I have never met anyone on here but I really feel a connection with everyone just from the support and well wishes from everyone. I have never seen any cliques or anyone being rude or mean (well maybe a couple that do not post often), instead I have seen nothing but open arms. Because we are bonded by this special moment in our life we are all interested in each others new married lives. I have only been here since April but I feel like Amanda's baby is something important and I want to know about it and Lynn's newly married life is important to me and I want to know she is well and what is happening with her, these are just a few examples but what harm would a subforum cause? I mean if its not something you are interested in you don't have to go there, its only one little subforum. I just wish everyone would stop picking on each other and being childish about this whole thing (by everyone I am just being general I am not saying everyone that has posted has done this). I just don't understand the arguments. I respect everyone's opinions but we don't have to get personal and call people out. That is not right at all.

I just wanted to add one more thing, I have heard about the OT thread and the problems that happened and I can understand being hesitant about having a subthread that is off topic it seems to me that problems still occur on PJ's and other threads started as well. Example: This thread.

While people like Maggie would love a fan club to kiss her butt and tell her how wonderful she is a full 2 years after her wedding

My wedding was over a year ago... And I still love sharing my pictures and learning about everyone else's wedding. :confused3

When I was planning I so appreciated the past brides who hung around and offered help and support. They had done it already and knew the ins and outs. I get that there are personal issues here that many of us don't understand, but this makes me feel silly for still posting in this forum. :(

I don't think there should be a time limit on things like this.

Toni it wouldn't cause any harm at all, but harm is not the motivator for their reasons not to make sub forums. It's been brought up many times in the past with brides who wanted it as much as you all do and it has gone without further discussion from higher ups. I think it is a moot topic that you all are going to upset yourselves over by trying to understand the reasoning.

Toni it wouldn't cause any harm at all, but harm is not the motivator for their reasons not to make sub forums. It's been brought up many times in the past with brides who wanted it as much as you all do and it has gone without further discussion from higher ups. I think it is a moot topic that you all are going to upset yourselves over by trying to understand the reasoning.

I understand all that and I am sure the moderators and Disboard people have good reasons but I just don't like all this attacking. I love to hear opinions but when it comes to personally attacking people in front of everyone, thats just not right.

Oh my god, everyone just shut up. Obviously, the subforum isn't happening. So, seriously - get over it. It's done, the topic is closed and we shouldn't be arguing with each other regardless of the thread.

I wish someone would close this thread. Seriously. Points have been made, counterpoints, arguments have been started, and personalities have been attacked. End of discussion - it clearly isn't going anywhere. And frankly, it's giving me a headache and putting me in a bad mood. :headache:

Yes I do agree this thread needs to close before this gets worse.

Can't we all get along and be happy!!!!

Let me shoot out the good happy vibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Ok wow! Who knew that such a small request could create such a stir. I just want to answer a few of your complaints/ questions.

1) Sub-forum and PJ and TR - We have asked for a sub-forum since January. We have not received that ability yet. I know it is hard to believe but we are one of the smallest communities on the DIS. Don't worry we continue to try. As for combining the PJ and TR for your wedding/ HM we WANT you to do that. We just want to put it in one thread so that it is easier to locate by the people who want to read them.

I really have something to say about the PJ's. When I first started on this board back in 2004 we didn't have that. It was easier to have questions answered b/c the board was not as clogged up. The mod team agreed, I think it was last fall to allow PJs. Other sites that have those have WAY more mods than we do. Retrospectively, I feel that we probably should not have agreed to it at all. It just added more work for the three of us. But we thought we would give it a try and all most of you have done is complain about it.

2) OT posts - Here again I have the same problem. You whine that you don't have one, we let you have one people whine that it is OT and that is not what the board is about. Ok so we nicely direct you to other forums where honestly, the topic fits better. Our mission here is to plan weddings and help others do the same. Not to talk about your morning sickness, the color of the carpet in your new house or whatever. We have been really nice and supportive so far. I know people don't want to lose touch with you so put a link in your siggie to the new thread. If you feel less than welcome in another forum, show them how welcoming you are.

3) Complaining about Mods - Ok guys honestly it is getting out of control, Helen, Sam and I are donating our time. We don't get paid at all. We are here to make the forum better. I am sorry that you guys don't feel that we are on enough to your liking or we don't come down on your side or that we are picking or you or whatever the complaint of the day is. We have lives, I know hard to believe. We work jobs for paychecks to help support our families. We try and apply the rules the same across all of our members showing no one any preference. Personally, if you were my best friend from college and you broke the rule I would give you the same warning I give anyone else.

Ok this last part is where I am speaking for myself and not for Helen or Sam.

I am personally sick and tired of the whining and complaining that you guys have exhibited lately. It is like we have a forum of children and I am embarrassed for the WM to even look at this forum. I thank the ones who are not like that. You are the ones that make this worth while. This is not an easy job, in fact most of the time lately pretty crappy. You don't know what it is like until you walk a mile in our shoes. As much as you may complain or read a complaint on the board multiply that by 100 and then add in the constant pinging and reported posts while you are trying to get your job done and can't get on right then. And God help you if you can't appear when Aladdin (this board) rubs that magic lamp!

I am not sure what happened to the group that played nice with each other and really tried to help people. I miss that group of people. We used to never have to give warnings or do infractions. When that rolled out we figured we had it pretty easy. Our girls/ guys were well mannered and good to be around.

Honestly, if you don't like it here/ the way it is run, why are you still posting? I don't get it. You are more than welcome to go someplace else.

Ok, I am getting off my soapbox. I am sorry you had to read all of this, but it has gone on enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter