Planning Journal Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonetteA

DIS Veteran
Hey guys just a few housekeeping items regarding the planning journals.

1) Put your names, your date, and locations in your planning journal so we can quickly identify who you are if we are a past bride. That way we can help those for sure who had the same locations as we did! There are getting alot of you out there so it will definately help you get answers quicker!

2) Only one planning journal per wedding. Don't start multiples. Put your trip report inside your planning journal so we have it all together. This will help keep the board more organized so that we can get to questions easier.

3) After you have finished your wedding trip report and you want to talk about other things in your life like new little mouseketeers, your new place, school, work, etc. This is not the journal for it. You can find a better place for this on the DIS. Make sure to put a link to it in your siggie though so we can follow along because we definately want to know! If you start to put other things in your trip report besides the wedding, we will lock the thread. I know that this is new to many of you, we will give you a week to get everything set up on a more appropriate board on the DIS.

We want to keep this forum on target with wedding planning.

Thanks!

Jonette

No offense, but isn't that a bit much?? what harm is it in sharing your happily ever after, if it's kept in one place?? seems kinda extreme to have to go to a whole new section of the boards when we want to stay connected to the woman we've come to love on this forum. Idk, I feel kinda like, ok plan your wedding then get the heck out :( jmho though

Jonette, and other mods,

Would it be possible for us to get a subcategory board (like on the Disney Restaurants board), for those of us after our weddings, vrs, and honeymoons to keep in touch with each other and talk about family and still be around to help out the new brides? That way we wouldn't feel that we have been "excused" from here. I think organization of the board is great, but I think locking the threads is just a little harsh imho. I'm not looking to get yelled at, it's only a request or something to think about. :hug:

Thanks for your consideration,
Lisa

There are "sub forums" in the theme parks and attractions board too -- maybe have one titled "happily ever after"?

Jonette, and other mods,

Would it be possible for us to get a subcategory board (like on the Disney Restaurants board), for those of us after our weddings, vrs, and honeymoons to keep in touch with each other and talk about family and still be around to help out the new brides? That way we wouldn't feel that we have been "excused" from here. I think organization of the board is great, but I think locking the threads is just a little harsh imho. I'm not looking to get yelled at, it's only a request or something to think about. :hug:

Thanks for your consideration,
Lisa

I think this is a great idea!! It's not the same to post in other parts of the DIS...trust me. I would love to have a sub-forum on here for all the married people to post on!

I'm all about organization... :thumbsup2

As a relative newbie, I actually think it would be super helpful to create a sub-forum just for PJs and TRs! It would make it a lot easier for people that love them to find them right away...and easier to skip over for people that don't like them. Maybe then people could just continue things like pregnancy journals and such on that specific thread?? Sorta an "after wedding..." journal? That way it wouldn't clog up the normal threads but it would allow friends to still keep in touch with each other. :confused3 Just a thought! :goodvibes

I'm all about organization... :thumbsup2

As a relative newbie, I actually think it would be super helpful to create a sub-forum just for PJs and TRs! It would make it a lot easier for people that love them to find them right away...and easier to skip over for people that don't like them. Maybe then people could just continue things like pregnancy journals and such on that specific thread?? Sorta an "after wedding..." journal? That way it wouldn't clog up the normal threads but it would allow friends to still keep in touch with each other. :confused3 Just a thought! :goodvibes

that's actually a really good idea -- have a forum for PJs and TRs that way this main board can be a Q&A and FAQ forum... I totally dig that. :thumbsup2

maybe have one titled "happily ever after"?

:thumbsup2 LOVE that!

I think this is a great idea!! It's not the same to post in other parts of the DIS...trust me.

So true so true. Everyone is so supportive here! I tried posting in a few other areas for stuff like restaurants and resorts (which will be on my wedding trip, but not directly wedding related), and it had a totally different vibe.

(I can't believe I just used the term "vibe.")

I would love to have a sub-forum on here for all the married people to post on!

I also like that idea! There are forums for "Teens," "College," "Singles," "Mature Couples," and "Families," none of which I really fit into.... I'm a freak!!! :rotfl:

Perhaps a forum for "Recently or Soon to be Married Women or Those That Are Otherwise Wedding and Disney Obsessed" ?? :goodvibes

I agree about having a sub forum devoted to TRs and PJs!

This may be just a small board on the larger DIS, but it is the biggest and most accessible online community for past, present, and future Disney brides. Surely we deserve a little structure to keep the place user-friendly. :)

Yes can we please have the newlywed sub board for us to all keep in touch with each other,other than having to PM every single person and go post threads on the community board...it's not the same.

I'm all for this and honestly think it is a great idea!

I think a "Happily Ever After" board would be a great idea. I don't want to have to stop after I get back from my Honeymoon. Are we allowed to post a TR of our Honeymoon on here or is that no longer allowed?

Yes can we please have the newlywed sub board for us to all keep in touch with each other,other than having to PM every single person and go post threads on the community board...it's not the same.

I'm all for this and honestly think it is a great idea!

I will put my two cents in for this idea! i think it's great... I mean we've made some friends on this board, some of us are planning meets. I personally love hearing about everyone's personal stories. It's a part of them being a bride or a newlywed, or even a bride again (Yay, for VR's!). I would hate to have to go elsewhere to share my stories! I would hate to miss out on all my newfound friends stories! ::yes::

I just wanted to add a vote for a "happily ever after" sub froum. I love talking with fellow Disney brides, they're a much more supportive group than the general DIS public. (Probably because we "know" one another on our own little board.)

I would love to be able to chat about all the after wedding stuff, as well as get to know some Disney brides better without being constrained by wedding-only talk.

I also think a journal and trip report sub forum is a wonderful idea. I skim/read them, but they do clutter the main board...

Mods, you do an AMAZING job, and I'm not even sure if this is something that you can do. But maybe it could be suggested to higher powers?

Thank you! :hippie:

woah!! looks like i've started a movement here lol!! But like i said, I think it's silly to put such rules in this board. It's not fair :( we loves eachother in here!! if the peopel in charge of making new additions are too busy, couldnt we keep everything in one big trip report or planning thing.. or like a jenns diary, including all events?? idk, something to keep us all in one spot and linked to eachother.. its a scary scary world outthere on the dis boards :lmao: i dont wanna stray too far!

I totally vote for a "Happily Ever After" sub board. I wander around the other areas of the DIS but never feel comfortable posting 'out there' lol. DF has been on the DIS just as long as me, and has much more posts than me, yet he doesn't know a single person by their first name. There is something special about the wedding boards. Heck, DF knows the names and back-stories of half the girls on here because they are MY friends! (ahem, Amanda, Lynn, Kendra..lol) We are a family of sorts here and we need some place to hang around afterwards. Otherwise we've spent 1,2 or 3+ years getting to know some of the people here, then *BAM* get the boot. I mean, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm dying to know how Lynn & Tim's first year of marriage is....and I want to hear all about Amanda's little one. I don't want to be cut off from them..but I feel like going out onto the main DIS boards, well, there really isn't a place for us out there. We're simply 'Disney brides who all love each other and want to keep in touch'..there..that should be the new forum :) lol

Anyways...I just vote for a sub-forum and thats my two cents. :thumbsup2

I totally vote for a "Happily Ever After" sub board. I wander around the other areas of the DIS but never feel comfortable posting 'out there' lol. DF has been on the DIS just as long as me, and has much more posts than me, yet he doesn't know a single person by their first name. There is something special about the wedding boards. Heck, DF knows the names and back-stories of half the girls on here because they are MY friends! (ahem, Amanda, Lynn, Kendra..lol) We are a family of sorts here and we need some place to hang around afterwards. Otherwise we've spent 1,2 or 3+ years getting to know some of the people here, then *BAM* get the boot. I mean, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm dying to know how Lynn & Tim's first year of marriage is....and I want to hear all about Amanda's little one. I don't want to be cut off from them..but I feel like going out onto the main DIS boards, well, there really isn't a place for us out there. We're simply 'Disney brides who all love each other and want to keep in touch'..there..that should be the new forum :) lol

Anyways...I just vote for a sub-forum and thats my two cents. :thumbsup2

i think you said it perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter