planning help

kelann7

Mouseketeer
OK, planning experts - give me your opinion.:goodvibes

I want to do a week long trip in March 2011 and stay in a 1 BR. But that is over a year away, so I think I need to sneak in a short trip before then. I'm thinking of maybe doing September 2010 (Labor Day weekend). For this short trip, I don't mind staying in a studio - we only have one child. But I would love to stay at Bay Lake Tower, but I heard the studios there aren't that great, so I would want a 1 BR at BLT or a studio at any of the other resorts.

I have 2 points banked - use year Sept - 150 points - so I'll have 152 points to use in September - keep in mind that I want to do the March trip also, but can borrow points if necessary, (which I'm sure I will have to) Or possibly use DVC for part of the March trip and just pay to stay at a Moderate for the rest of the trip.

I would like to stay at different resorts - we own at Saratoga Springs - have stayed at Old Key West - would like to stay at any of the other resorts - thinking about Animal Kingdom Lodge because it is less points for the Standard View.

What do you think? Where should I stay? :confused3

Thanks.

Kelly

We just returned from BLT and loved it! I think having a small child you would like having the ability to walk to and from the MK, I know we did. Looking at my point chart it appears a 1 brm for arriving friday and departing tuesday would be 126 points for a standard view and 140 points for a lake view. So looks like you could sneak that in with the 150 points!:banana::banana::banana: Enjoy your trips

I stayed in a BLT studio for a quick December trip with my DD, 13. It was fine. I think 2 adults and one child will be okay, especially for only 3 or 4 nights.

I also stayed for 2 nights in one during the summer with 4 and while it was a bit tight, very managable (again, its was me, DD13, DD16 and DS20).

The part that most don't like in the studio (although I don't care about it) is the kitchen/vanity sink combo area. We were never in there at the same time so it was never a problem.

My DD's and I aren't ones to use the hair dryers either so it is just wash, spray, and go. Since it was a kitchen area, we simply sprayed our hair in front of the mirror in the room--no biggie.

The convenience, for that December trip, to MK and Epcot was great. It was so easy and with having only a few days, it was nice having quick transportation options.

If you stay in that studio vs. a 1 bedroom, you will still have points left for the March 2011 trip and not have to borrow as many.

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter