Placeholder question

monkeydawn

Earning My Ears
When/ how exactly are you expected tp pay for a placeholder? Do they just tack it on to your room charges or may you pay with a CC or check right at the reservations desk?

monkeydawn

Earning My Ears
Thanks. I have a friends Disney Visa as my card on file and I am hoping to avoid having to pay her anything when we get back so I added money to my account pre cruise but it didnt occur to me until today that the placeholder might come out of that account too.

• Maggie'sMom

DIS Veteran
    Thanks. I have a friends Disney Visa as my card on file and I am hoping to avoid having to pay her anything when we get back so I added money to my account pre cruise but it didnt occur to me until today that the placeholder might come out of that account too.
    They usually ask if you want it charged to the credit card on file, but you can always tell them no and provide them with a different credit card. It does not get charged to your onboard account.

monkeydawn

Earning My Ears
    They usually ask if you want it charged to the credit card on file, but you can always tell them no and provide them with a different credit card. It does not get charged to your onboard account.
    Good to know. Last I heard there was a form/ dropbox that you could use if the desk was unmanned. In this case you would write in a CC number? Can someone confirm?

Dug720

DIS Veteran
    Good to know. Last I heard there was a form/ dropbox that you could use if the desk was unmanned. In this case you would write in a CC number? Can someone confirm?
    If you wanted to use a different number than the one you are using for your account, yes.

But the name and info will have to match the one on the CC you are providing.

monkeydawn

Earning My Ears
    If you wanted to use a different number than the one you are using for your account, yes.

But the name and info will have to match the one on the CC you are providing.
    I *think* I understand what you are saying. In this case I would want to provide my own CC so that should work unless I am missing something.

• Dug720

DIS Veteran
    I *think* I understand what you are saying. In this case I would want to provide my own CC so that should work unless I am missing something.
    Yes. I was confused with the friend’s visa thing.

If you are paying for your placeholder you can use your credit card. (Even if your card was on your account the placeholder would be a separate charge and not added to your account.)

Rob1872

Mouseketeer
    You can pay directly at the time you book the placeholder (assuming you do it with the CM; I don't know what the policy is for the form). In my case this summer, I handed over a Disney gift card and they took the money directly from that.

monkeydawn

Earning My Ears
    Yes. I was confused with the friend’s visa thing.

If you are paying for your placeholder you can use your credit card. (Even if your card was on your account the placeholder would be a separate charge and not added to your account.)
    Thanks for the clarification. I just want the option of discounts that the Disney Visa gives in case something in the gift shop or spa calls to me.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

CASTAWAY CAY PHOTOS

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES