PJ: >5/20/08 SBP/Turf Club< We leave TOMORROW!

My inivtations are some-what done....

I am trying to decide if I want to add a pocket folder. Or I may just send ou a newsletter with the rest of the information. Ohhhhhh I don't know... Here'e what I have thus far:

Invites001.jpg

Invites008.jpg

your invites look fantastic! a big :thumbsup2 for the martha stewart address labels! i also love your sparkley blue paper! i used sparkley cream paper!!! your response card is adorable with the mickey and minnie graphic!

Thanks!!

I got the ideas for the Martha Labels from the girls on here (thanks!! btw).

I did make them myself. I originally wanted the invitation to be centered but it kept coming out weird so I left and right aligned it.

I got the scalloped invitation card from Target. The labels and smaller scalloped cards from the Paper-Source. The blue mat from Cards and Pockets.

The clipart I found on the creative board. I'm so excited about it. The picture does no justice!

I am watching Disney Holiday Magic on the Travel Channel right now and I am getting so pumped for my trip on Sunday. I texted my fiance and told him I wanted to go into the parks on Monday. We're supposed to get a lot of ice/snow tomorrow night into Sunday. It's DISNEY OR BUST, kids!!!

Well now that the holidays are over it's downhill from now.
I am so excited!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

We had a great time at WDW the week before Christmas. We got in on Sunday and met up with one of DF's roommates from the CP and went to the Ale House. Monday we decided to cash in our vouchers for our APs and rode Expedition Everest and saw the new Nemo show. That's ALL the theme park action we had other than the Christmas Party! I was so amazed! Monday night we went to DTD to get some goodies for the welcome bags and our ears. :) Tuesday we ate lunch at the Yacht Club Galley. I wasn't that impressed! We ate dinner at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs Monday night and we saw they had a patio that we were interested in. We are still hearing back from the manager to see if we can have our reception on the patio there! So yet another change! I had all of my invitations ready to go with a RSVP date... Since we haven't heard from the manager of the Turf Club, I have to buy new card stock to reprint the RSVPs! :headache: Before we ate lunch at the Yacht Club Galley we walked around the Boardwalk to see Sea Breeze Point and kill time. They were setting up for a 12:00pm wedding! Rev. Day was there so we were able to chat with him for a few minutes! I have some pictures on my camera that I will post soon.

My dad is going to get measured for his tux on Friday. DF needs to round up his dad and GM to get measured as well.

I am starting to get the ball moving for our at home reception that we plan on having 6/7/2008. More updates soon!

Could you please tell me where you got your MOH dress?? I LOVE this color and the dress!! Thanks :)

I reread a few old replies on here... and I totally forgot.. The ONE complaint I had about MVMCP was that the hot cocoa was BOILING. I couldn't even drink it. I know its supposed to be hot but COME ON! Anyways, PICTURE TIME!

DisneyDecember2007025.jpg

DisneyDecember2007011.jpg

DisneyDecember2007017.jpg

DisneyDecember2007018.jpg

View of the patio at the Turf Club:
DisneyDecember2007023.jpg

View from the patio:
DisneyDecember2007024.jpg

I am so excited about stuff. I am SO glad it is 2008. This is my year of a million dreams!

I don't know if it's too late for your Save the Dates, but they've changed the name of the Yacht Club Galley to Captain's Grille. So if you stick with that restaurant, you might want people to know about the name change :thumbsup2

I don't know if it's too late for your Save the Dates, but they've changed the name of the Yacht Club Galley to Captain's Grille. So if you stick with that restaurant, you might want people to know about the name change :thumbsup2

We found that out while we were there. We weren't "wowed" by it.

But Monday night we were eating dinner at the Turf Club and DF noticed there was a patio and he said "Let's have it here on the patio." So Tuesday we went ahead and checked out the Galley but changed our minds to having it on the patio at the Turf Club.

I need a day off to really regroup and figure out what else I have to do!

I FINALLY finished my invitations. I will post pictures later on when I have more time. I went to the package store and they said the invites weighed exactly 1 ounce.. I could get away with one 41 cent stamp but I have to go to the post office after work to see if I can get them to weigh them and postmark them so I don't get them back.

I bought a binder to hold all of my wedding stuff. I had a hole punch but of course I could not find it. Off to Target I go so I can get organized.

I went to "After Hours" last week to update some information for DF's groomsmen.... Well apparently Men's Wearhouse bought them out and when they did their change over, they changed the computer systems so our information was no where to be found. OH BOY. So luckily I had all of the information and was able to have the manager put the information back in. DF had put down a deposit and that didn't even show up either. Again, I am glad that I had the receipts to show for that. I'm so glad that our wedding isn't any time sooner, we might have been up the creek. The manager wants us to pick up the tuxes before we leave for Florida. That's sort of out of the way but she ensures that we will have everything we need and we won't have to worry about anything when we get down there. Whatever. I almost want to go somewhere else to get these guys their tuxes but I think it would just be a little easier on everyone (especially me since I am already frazzled!!!!) to just leave it as is.

Another thing that really fueled the fire is that I had this amazing idea to do newsletters and go to Kinko's to get them printed so they would look like real newsletters. Well while I was home this weekend, my mom and I ventured over to Kinko's and told them we wanted the newsletters printed. Big mistake. First the lady told us they would not be ready until the next day. The next lady we talked to said a proof wouldn't be ready until 8pm that night and the rest of the newsletters wouldn't be ready until the next morning. I was planning on heading back home the next morning... So my mom tells them that we needed them before the next day. All of a sudden someone talks to someone and they are going to do them right then... My mom goes to pay for 22 of these newsletters and it's $80!!! I felt like an ****** having my mom pay $80 for these newsletters. I will never do that again. I'm going to do my next newsletter a home.

I didn't even have a chance to try my dress on like I wanted to. :sad1:

Can anyone tell me how long it took Rosie to get back with you about your flowers? How about special requests for a cake? I feel like I won't know things until last minute even though I have just less than 4 months until the wedding. It's all making me nervous!

Each newsletter was double sided 11X17 paper - (so each one was really like 4 color copies) and for 50 it was $181!!!!!!

I almost choked!!!

Hi Vaylene,

Do you have menus and prices for the Garden View tea party you are having?

Thank you,
Nikki

There is a website called Allears (?) that my mom swears by and it has menus for restaurants. I'm pretty sure the Afternoon Tea is on there.

I finally got some pictures of the newsletters.

CIMG2232.jpg

CIMG2233.jpg

CIMG2235-1.jpg

I was so pleased with how they turned out, I just wish they didn't cost a fortune.

I wasn't sure what flowers I wanted for the wedding. I like roses and all but I think they're used TOO much. I did some searching and found this bouquet..
MBQBOPVsmPink08_l.jpg

I LOVE tulips and the lillies looked gorgeous in it, I'm nixing the green mums.
Rosie said there's a 50/50 chance of tulips for my wedding. She said if she was unable to get the tulips she would put in roses... We'll see how that goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter