Pixie Dust Overload - the day I won One More Disney Day

Even though I know that you are getting ready to leave, I was so nervous reading your updates. I am so glad it finally came together. I hope you have a wonderful trip and I cannot wait to read about it.

I am soooo excited for you and can't wait to read your TR!!!! Have a magical trip!:thumbsup2. Yours is the first OMDD trip report I've seen? Has anyone else from "the group" completed one??

Congratulations! :cheer2:

I can't wait to read all about your trip!

"When" I win the Disney Time sweepstakes I'm going to choose the Polynesian too, I think. LOL ;)

5 More Days! Wow, I'm so excited for you all and that was GREAT update!!

And WOW they gave you 40% off! I hope were able to get that deal too!

So what's left to do? Hurry up and wait is the WORST!

I am soooo excited for you and can't wait to read your TR!!!! Have a magical trip!:thumbsup2. Yours is the first OMDD trip report I've seen? Has anyone else from "the group" completed one??

One of the "groupies" started a pre-TR over the summer, but never completed anything afterwards. However, you can at least read about her win here:

I Promise No One is Dead!

Thanks so much for reading along.. I can't wait to share more! :bitelip:

5 More Days! Wow, I'm so excited for you all and that was GREAT update!!

And WOW they gave you 40% off! I hope were able to get that deal too!

So what's left to do? Hurry up and wait is the WORST!

I'm sure this week will go by fast for us -- We've been really busy lately with a backyard project going on at home, plus work has been a little crazy with trying to prepare my co-workers to cover for me. This trip and my previous WDW trip are the only times I've taken a whole week off work in the last 10+ years, so thank goodness for Disney!! :rotfl: I'm feeling like everything this week is going to be in fast-forward mode!

I hope you get your info quickly after your sweepstakes ends & you don't get stuck in eternal wait-around-mode like me!! I'm excited for you! I hope more winners come forward around here to share in your excitement & planning! :hyper:

Congratulations! :cheer2:

I can't wait to read all about your trip!

"When" I win the Disney Time sweepstakes I'm going to choose the Polynesian too, I think. LOL ;)

LOL. Way to be positive! Keep on entering!! :wizard:

Jen-

What a great pre trip report. I wish I'd done one too. Maybe someday, I will do a post trip report.

Have an awesome time on your trip.

I totally forgot to tell you when the kids and I were in LV over Christmas break. I was so busy going to the quilt store, I forgot to try to meet up with you.

dbbydk said:
Jen-

What a great pre trip report. I wish I'd done one too. Maybe someday, I will do a post trip report.

Have an awesome time on your trip.

I totally forgot to tell you when the kids and I were in LV over Christmas break. I was so busy going to the quilt store, I forgot to try to meet up with you.

Hi Debby! I'm having so much fun with this trip report, but they are a lot of work!! No doubt if you ever wrote one, I'm sure it would be great because you're always making all of us laugh! :)

Aw, thanks for thinking of me ( even if it was afterwards ) for when you were in town :) Christmas-time is totally hectic & crazy, so I totally understand. :) I hope you guys had a nice time visiting your family!

WHEW! Now *I* feel so much better about your trip! Thanks for the update! :)

So great to have those tickets in hand and everything settled. I'm sorry you could not convince your family to try something adventurous! That would have been great.

Good luck in the packing. I think over the weekend I'll be doing some packing myself. We are trying our best to surprise our kids with this next trip which means I need to pack up their stuff for them without them knowing about it! I sure hope we can pull it off! ;)

Wow! I can't believe you are less than a week away! I am so happy for you.

I have to tell you, reading your update, I pictured your friendly, peppy prize rep covering the mouthpiece of her phone and whispering to her coworker...

"Watch this! I'm going to torture my One More Disney Day Winner. I'm going to tell her the paperwork is coming and then 'forget' to mail it! This is going to be so much fun"

This has been a great pretrip report and I can't wait for the whole thing.

Wishing you safe and easy travel!

BTW- there are rumblings that Hurricane Hanna's may be reopening this week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

WHEW! Now *I* feel so much better about your trip! Thanks for the update! :)

So great to have those tickets in hand and everything settled. I'm sorry you could not convince your family to try something adventurous! That would have been great.

Good luck in the packing. I think over the weekend I'll be doing some packing myself. We are trying our best to surprise our kids with this next trip which means I need to pack up their stuff for them without them knowing about it! I sure hope we can pull it off! ;)

I think my family might not completely trust my judgment on adventures & such because they know ANYTHING at Disney ALWAYS sounds like a good idea to me! On our last trip, I , ummm, "forgot" to tell them that "fun Aerosmith ride" went upside down, LOL!! So after we got off, even though they loved it, they couldn't believe I did that to them... heh heh!! They know I like surprising them like that. Hey, I can't help it if they didn't do their OWN wdw research!!!!!! :stir: So fast forward to me trying to talk them into the AK wild trek tour, with its "fun" bridges & "close up" animals.. well they DID look it up on the web, saw those suspension bridges & said NO WAY. What chickens!! LOL. Well, at least they're learning to appreciate research. :laughing:

Putting together a surprise trip sounds like so much fun! I'm sure those can be difficult to pull off - - with trying to be secretive with the preparations to keeping in all your excitement under wraps!! Good luck! :goodvibes

Wow! I can't believe you are less than a week away! I am so happy for you.

I have to tell you, reading your update, I pictured your friendly, peppy prize rep covering the mouthpiece of her phone and whispering to her coworker...

"Watch this! I'm going to torture my One More Disney Day Winner. I'm going to tell her the paperwork is coming and then 'forget' to mail it! This is going to be so much fun."

This has been a great pretrip report and I can't wait for the whole thing.

Wishing you safe and easy travel!

BTW- there are rumblings that Hurricane Hanna's may be reopening this week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

LOL. That is hilarious about the Rep! That just might be what happened! I often wondered what exactly their job would be like.... They SURELY have to know how much "power" they hold over all of us hanging onto their every move :rotfl: !!!!

Saw the rumors about Hanna's.. That sure would be great!

I'll be over at your thread today, starting on page #1 & reading through everything "one more time " !! I feel like I'm in school again, trying to do some last-minute cramming for a big test! :hyper:

Can't wait to share the full TR with all of you.

Just joining in here! I am thoroughly enjoying your excitement:cool1:! I'm sure I would have gone mad waiting all that time when there are ADRs to plan. I too was thinking that they were just having a good time messing with you:rotfl2:

Funny, DH and I will be flying the opposite direction to Las vegas this weekend, and hopefully I'll be winning some money for a future trip:goodvibes

Can't wait to read about your actual trip! Have a great time (like you need anyone to tell you that):hyper:

I'm so in love with my scrapbook from our last WDW trip. :love:

This baby is THICK !!

For some people, this size of scrapbook might be a compilation of family memories over a year or more…
um, yeah, for me, this is just my photos from “ONE” trip, LOL! :eek:

disalbum4_zpsf5a9f609.jpg

I can sit and look at this book over and over again..
Partially because they include my first great set of photos taken with my (then) new camera, and partially because I just loved that vacation so much! I’m a hopeless Disney addict, what can I say? :confused3

disalbu2_zps7961d5cd.jpg

A while back, to help pass the time waiting for my Disney info and as an outlet for all my built-up excitement, I started buying some scrapbook supplies for our upcoming trip.

Then I went one step further & actually finished the first page or 2 of my (future) scrapbook for our trip - - which is telling the story I’ve just told you.

dis1_zpse1d3dfed.jpg

Nothing like working on a scrapbook of memories that don’t even exist yet.... :rolleyes1

I wonder how many hundreds of photos I’ll take this time that I’ll try and cram into one book again?

dis4_zps41b33b27.jpg

So.. in other news, I finally had to break it to DS about the slide at SAB being down for refurbishment during our trip. They are allowing guests to use the pool at the Boardwalk, so I brought up photos of it on the computer so we could see what that slide was like… I thought the slide looked great, but his reaction was… "So…… it’s a giant clown, and you come out of its mouth?" :eek: I guess clowns aren’t for everybody... Not sure if it's worth a trip over there to try out that slide.. Anybody?

Not sure how much swimming we’ll really get in anyways... that’ll be up to Mother Nature. Andy told me to stop checking the weather becuase "it is what it is". I'm thinking ANY kind of Florida weather sounds great to us right now – we’ve been having a very unusual cold snap here, it was 25 degrees this morning with a high only in the 30's, and all us desert-dwellers are barely surviving! :rotfl: Hard to believe we might be hanging out in our swimsuits in a matter of days. :cool2:

I’m hoping to try to post a few “LIVE” photos here while we're gone, and then of course I'll be sharing our trip here when we get back! :banana: :banana:

Until then...........

So.. in other news, I finally had to break it to DS about the slide at SAB being down for refurbishment during our trip. They are allowing guests to use the pool at the Boardwalk, so I brought up photos of it on the computer so we could see what that slide was like… I thought the slide looked great, but his reaction was… "So…… it’s a giant clown, and you come out of its mouth?" :eek: I guess clowns aren’t for everybody... Not sure if it's worth a trip over there to try out that slide.. Anybody?

It's worth going over to try it out. DD 10 absolutely loves that clown slide. We split our last stay between the BW and AKV and while we prefer AKV overall, the BW pool slide was better, she kept saying. Then entrance to the slide is fairly convenient to the exit, so it's easy to keep going up and coming back down. A lot of the slides have the entrance not very near the exit (like Kidani) and it seems like a lot of work to go down again and again. Not so with the BW slide.

Also, try to find an hour to head over and watch the entertainers on the Boardwalk one evening. They're great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter