Pixie Dust Overload - the day I won One More Disney Day

It's worth going over to try it out. DD 10 absolutely loves that clown slide. We split our last stay between the BW and AKV and while we prefer AKV overall, the BW pool slide was better, she kept saying. Then entrance to the slide is fairly convenient to the exit, so it's easy to keep going up and coming back down. A lot of the slides have the entrance not very near the exit (like Kidani) and it seems like a lot of work to go down again and again. Not so with the BW slide.

Also, try to find an hour to head over and watch the entertainers on the Boardwalk one evening. They're great!

Thanks for the info on the slide!! :thumbsup2 Visiting the Boardwalk as well as the pool would make a trip over there definitely worthwhile. We very briefly checked out the Boardwalk on our last trip, but there wasn't much going on out there for some reason. Maybe we were too late & missed the entertainers?

Thanks for the info on the slide!! :thumbsup2 Visiting the Boardwalk as well as the pool would make a trip over there definitely worthwhile. We very briefly checked out the Boardwalk on our last trip, but there wasn't much going on out there for some reason. Maybe we were too late & missed the entertainers?

You're welcome! I can't remember what time they were out, but we watched them on a couple different nights. It was dark, in September, so it must have been after 9:00 pm.

I'm so in love with my scrapbook from our last WDW trip. :love:

disalbum_zps1b15519c.jpg

This baby is THICK !!

For some people, this size of scrapbook might be a compilation of family memories over a year or more…
um, yeah, for me, this is just my photos from “ONE” trip, LOL! :eek:

disalbum4_zpsf5a9f609.jpg

I can sit and look at this book over and over again..
Partially because they include my first great set of photos taken with my (then) new camera, and partially because I just loved that vacation so much! I’m a hopeless Disney addict, what can I say? :confused3

disalbu2_zps7961d5cd.jpg

A while back, to help pass the time waiting for my Disney info and as an outlet for all my built-up excitement, I started buying some scrapbook supplies for our upcoming trip.

Then I went one step further & actually finished the first page or 2 of my (future) scrapbook for our trip - - which is telling the story I’ve just told you.

dis1_zpse1d3dfed.jpg

Nothing like working on a scrapbook of memories that don’t even exist yet.... :rolleyes1

I wonder how many hundreds of photos I’ll take this time that I’ll try and cram into one book again?

dis4_zps41b33b27.jpg

So.. in other news, I finally had to break it to DS about the slide at SAB being down for refurbishment during our trip. They are allowing guests to use the pool at the Boardwalk, so I brought up photos of it on the computer so we could see what that slide was like… I thought the slide looked great, but his reaction was… "So…… it’s a giant clown, and you come out of its mouth?" :eek: I guess clowns aren’t for everybody... Not sure if it's worth a trip over there to try out that slide.. Anybody?

Not sure how much swimming we’ll really get in anyways... that’ll be up to Mother Nature. Andy told me to stop checking the weather becuase "it is what it is". I'm thinking ANY kind of Florida weather sounds great to us right now – we’ve been having a very unusual cold snap here, it was 25 degrees this morning with a high only in the 30's, and all us desert-dwellers are barely surviving! :rotfl: Hard to believe we might be hanging out in our swimsuits in a matter of days. :cool2:

I’m hoping to try to post a few “LIVE” photos here while we're gone, and then of course I'll be sharing our trip here when we get back! :banana: :banana:

Until then...........

LOVE the scrapbooks! They look great! I have yet to do one with our last few trips. I'm so far behind!

I haven't looked at the weather either but all I keep thinking is it might be in the 30s and 40s here in Maryland but that means 60s in Florida! At least walking around all day it will be nice weather, though we may be chilly in the mornings. I'm mostly packing lots of layers and the swimsuits JUST IN CASE but honestly don't see that happening!

I have no recollection of the Boardwalk slide and sorry that the SAB one will be closed because we HAVE done that one and it's great! Honestly I think the one at AK Kidani is MUCH better than the others though not as long as SAB. I think the only time my kids were in the Boardwalk pool they were very small and all I remember is putting my daughter (14 months) in the pool at the time WITH HER TENNIS SHOES ON HER! Yeah I must have been overly tired on that day! :rotfl2:

Live updates sound great. I always try to do that for our trips but find I'm so caught up in vacation that I forget. I try to so some Twitter updates but I was even bad about that last trip. My goal is to do better this trip on Twitter so I can at least reference it later in a much better trip report! :)

LOVE the scrapbooks! They look great! I have yet to do one with our last few trips. I'm so far behind!

I haven't looked at the weather either but all I keep thinking is it might be in the 30s and 40s here in Maryland but that means 60s in Florida! At least walking around all day it will be nice weather, though we may be chilly in the mornings. I'm mostly packing lots of layers and the swimsuits JUST IN CASE but honestly don't see that happening!

I have no recollection of the Boardwalk slide and sorry that the SAB one will be closed because we HAVE done that one and it's great! Honestly I think the one at AK Kidani is MUCH better than the others though not as long as SAB. I think the only time my kids were in the Boardwalk pool they were very small and all I remember is putting my daughter (14 months) in the pool at the time WITH HER TENNIS SHOES ON HER! Yeah I must have been overly tired on that day! :rotfl2:

Live updates sound great. I always try to do that for our trips but find I'm so caught up in vacation that I forget. I try to so some Twitter updates but I was even bad about that last trip. My goal is to do better this trip on Twitter so I can at least reference it later in a much better trip report! :)

LOL. That is funny about your DD at the pool!! :rotfl: I'll probably start having those kind of moments around maybe day #4 or 5!! I had to go look up the AKL pool online since a couple of you guys have mentioned it here now... I'm thinking we're going to have to save a little time to go over to AKL just to walk around & check it out, the whole place looks so beautiful online!

We're packing a lot of layers too. 60's or 70's will be perfect. I'm just hoping for anything but a bunch of rain. I can handle rain & it doesn't ruin our time, however on our last trip we got SO much that it definitely slowed us down & we didn't even get to half of EPCOT.

While I usually stay mostly "unplugged" during our times in the parks, I always have some time in the room where I blog or do some updates while I'm (anxiously!) waiting for the boys to get up & ready... You'd think the BOYS would be waiting on the GIRL getting ready in the mornings!! :sad2: I'm so photography obsessed that even if I don't write anything down, I can just go through my photos & chronologically recall everything for my TR that way.

Congratulations on your trip! I've really enjoyed reading about your pre-trip adventures... and I'm impressed that you managed to keep it together with those L O N G breaks between updates from Disney! I don't think I could've been so patient!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! I look forward to hearing all about it when you return. :yay:

We are leaving tomorrow !!! And we are staying at the Boardwalk. MY kids love the clown slide. They say it is there favorite one. But we have never tried Storm-a-long Bay yet.

If you see me:

DSC05259.jpg

PLEASE say hello. I will still be in the scooter AND the black boot. I messed up may ankle pretty bad and it is taking forever to heal !!

We are leaving tomorrow !!! And we are staying at the Boardwalk. MY kids love the clown slide. They say it is there favorite one. But we have never tried Storm-a-long Bay yet.

If you see me:

DSC05259.jpg

PLEASE say hello. I will still be in the scooter AND the black boot. I messed up may ankle pretty bad and it is taking forever to heal !!

I will keep on the lookout for you when we're at the Boardwalk!! Sorry about your ankle! I hope your family has a great trip!!! :goodvibes

Congratulations on your trip! I've really enjoyed reading about your pre-trip adventures... and I'm impressed that you managed to keep it together with those L O N G breaks between updates from Disney! I don't think I could've been so patient!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! I look forward to hearing all about it when you return. :yay:

Thanks so much for reading along!! I can't wait to share all the trip details. I'm still planning on doing a couple little "LIVE" reports as well :)

I hope you have an amazing trip! I'm a little sad it seems like we'll be missing each other by a slim margin - I arrive on the 26th. Leave some pixie dust at WDW for me in hope it increases my odds of winning this time around!

arbolita said:
I hope you have an amazing trip! I'm a little sad it seems like we'll be missing each other by a slim margin - I arrive on the 26th. Leave some pixie dust at WDW for me in hope it increases my odds of winning this time around!

Thanks!! I hope you have a great trip too! Keep on entering & good luck!!!!! :)

Wanna be Ariel said:
ENJOY!!! I cant wait to hear all about it. I also hear that the crowds are very light. Have a wonderful time.

Thanks for following along !!

light crowds + good weather = :) !!

LOL. That is funny about your DD at the pool!! :rotfl: I'll probably start having those kind of moments around maybe day #4 or 5!! I had to go look up the AKL pool online since a couple of you guys have mentioned it here now... I'm thinking we're going to have to save a little time to go over to AKL just to walk around & check it out, the whole place looks so beautiful online!

We're packing a lot of layers too. 60's or 70's will be perfect. I'm just hoping for anything but a bunch of rain. I can handle rain & it doesn't ruin our time, however on our last trip we got SO much that it definitely slowed us down & we didn't even get to half of EPCOT.

While I usually stay mostly "unplugged" during our times in the parks, I always have some time in the room where I blog or do some updates while I'm (anxiously!) waiting for the boys to get up & ready... You'd think the BOYS would be waiting on the GIRL getting ready in the mornings!! :sad2: I'm so photography obsessed that even if I don't write anything down, I can just go through my photos & chronologically recall everything for my TR that way.

Congratulations on your win!!! You must be so happy right now, all the planning and waiting is behind you and you are finally there!!!! :cheer2:

Today is my one year mark. I will once again be at WDW on Jan 18th, 2014 and I can't wait. Just 365 days to go. :rolleyes:

I am also a crazy picture taker. My DH calls me paparazzi!! Between my mom, brother, husband and myself we took over 1300 pictures when we were in Disney in 2011. I plan to take that many all by myself next time. I actually make lists of pictures I want to take. :rotfl2:

So happy to find your TR and looking forward to reading what it is like in Jan at WDW. We have always gone in Sept/Oct so this will be the first "winter" trip for us.

Can't remember if today or tomorrow is THE DAY but wanted to pop in and wish you a wonderful trip filled with great memories. You are gonna have fun!

Live Report #1..

We arrived & got checked into the Yacht Club. We love it here. They gave us a 1st floor room, and our patio looks out toward the lighthouse and lake.. great view!! Excited for tomorrow :)

2013-01-19_16-34-51_389.jpg

What a view! :love:

I was just hoping you all were having a magical time!
And I know we all cant wait to hear all about!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter