Pirates of the Caribbean vs The Simpsons Ride

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
EQIQLzmX0AEtx6k

simpsons-universal-rides-games.jpg

I love the storyline and jokes of the Simpsons ride, but as a ride itself Pirates is much more enjoyable. Simpsons is a basic and outdated motion simulator versus Pirates being a full conceived boat dark ride with amazing physical sets, that also doesn't cause motion sickness.
Would love to see the pre show and main movie cobbled together of Simpsons (maybe with some extra footage to include some of the gags from the booths in the queue) into a special episode, but I doubt that would happen since the IP and ride are owned by different studios.

How is this even a question?! If you had asked Pirates of the Caribbean vs. Back to the Future, that would have made me pause.
Even then I feel it's easy. Classic dark ride with immersive sets or a motion simulator.
I personally love the Simpsons and think the ride is underrated (feels it gets a bad rap for the motion sickness aspect versus the overall quality). The theming, jokes, and video are all great. But even for me, it's hands down Pirates as the winner in this.

The boat portion of Simpson’s reminds me of the Virtual Jungle Cruise from Disney Quest. I miss that place, it was a lot of fun in its prime. Disney is just short sighted and quit maintaining it…

Universal is better at building what the people want for the most part. F& F had potential, but they went cheap on it. An indoor coaster based on Tokyo Drift would have been much better, but they didn’t ask me. Mount Akina would work too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter