• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate cruise

Originally posted by twinscandc
My twin DD's (age 6) will be cruising with the Pirates on Monday, 5/26!! One of them is severly allergic to peanuts (she wears an ID braclet and we carry an Epi pen). When I called to make the PS, I informed them of this and they said they would make a note on the reservation. I will probably call the day before and remind them. Have any of you had this problem with this cruise?

My DD does know not to eat peanuts, but I don't think she has ever seen a PB&J uncrustables. We don't even keep peanut butter (or other items with peanuts) in the house!!

I'd probably pack a separate lunch for her and I'd tell the CM's that are going on the boat and give them the lunch and Epi pen.

You don't need to pack a separate lunch. If you alert Disney, they'll take care of it. There was a child with a peanut alergy on the PC my boys attended. I know because she, another mom, and I were all chatting on this board. Disney will provide a non-peanut meal for your child, and if the alergy is so extreme that no one else can eat PB, then they'll accomodate that as well. Just make sure you've made it clear to Disney by calling and confirming the notation is there. You will be able to talk to the CMs going on the PC when you drop your child, so you can personally remind them. The child with the alergy on my son's PC was served an alternative sandwich. Disney is excellent at accomodating special diets and wouldn't treat your child's alergy lightly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter