• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate cruise

disobsessed

Mouseketeer
Help-

I have DS who will be 4 when we go in Sept., and a 9 year old DD. I am thinking about the pirate cruise, but don;t know much about it. What do they do? Will my DD enjoy it, or is it mostly boys? Can Dad and DD ride the mice boats at the GF while I get a pedicure and meet back to pick DS up? ANy suggestions? This is a new one for me. Thanks.

There were boys and girls on the Pirate Cruise last summer. My 7 y.o. grandson really enjoyed it. I think most of the kids were six or older.

Our DS, who was a month short of being 9, loved the Pirate Cruise last February. The split was perhaps 60% boys to 40%girls, but I would say that most of the kids were older than 6.No kids was "alone" as they were paired up with a "buddy" after getting their lifejackets and bandanas.There were 4 CMs, and the sheparded the youngsters on a treasure hunt which stopped at different resorts. The cruise lasted for a little over 90 minutes and the kids got a lunch and goodie bag. Each child was released individually to his/her parents when the boat docked back at the GF. Christopher had a blast and was so pleased with having been able to do something without his older sister! It was well worth the cost and I would highly reccomend the trip!

How much is the pirate cruise? Can anyone link me to info about it, thanks!

The cruise sails on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (But show up at 9:45 a.m. sharp or they may make you walk the plank!)
Update change: Beginning on May 12, 2003, the meeting time is 9:15 a.m. for a departure at 9:30 a.m. The Cruise is still 2 hours, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.

Children ages 3 to 10 depart the Grand Floridian Marina wearing pirate bandanas and grins of anticipation. The quest for buried treasure carries them all around the Seven Seas Lagoon, stopping at the other Resorts’ Marinas for pertinent clues. The end of the adventure finds everyone sharing the treasure and refreshments while a story is read.

Please note that all children must be potty-trained. Cost is $24.95 and the cruise can be booked up to 120 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

That's from TourGuide Mike

Our 2 boys loved the pirate cruise, and they were 8 and 11. Yes, my 10 yr. old had just turned 11 less than 2 weeks before we went, and when I booked I asked the CM if he could go. She said it wasn't a problem. They got loot bags, lunch, and bandanas with their names on them (stickers). Everywhere they went the CM's knew they'd been on the PC, called them by name, and gave them extra attention. It was $25 per child well spent. This time their sister gets to go to the Wonderland Tea party. Strange, I offered to send them, but they delined. Imagine that! ;)

My boys did it on our last trip and they were 6 and 4. They had a blast and have begged to go again next trip. WARNING: in the "treasure"/treat bag they get, confiscate the gooey eyeballs before you get home unless you enjoy having gooey black marks on your ceiling :) Another thing to note, if a thunderstorm should happen to roll in while they are out they will stop the boats at one of the resorts and take the kids inside until it is safe to be out on the water again. This happened to us and the kids were actually gone for almost three hours.

My DS8 done this last May and absolutely loved it. He has stayed email buddies with the other boy he was paired up with who was American. My DS thinks its really cool to have a "pen pal" in America!

He will be doing it again on Wednesday 18 June and is hoping to meet someone else he can be pen pals with!

Question: How does everyone find out about these special events to add a little extra magic? I never heard of a wonderland tea party, nor the pirates cruise. I also do not see anything on the wdw website.

Hi..

My daughter at 8.. was pretty well the oldest child on her pirate cruise.. most of the kids were 4 or 5.

Luckily there was a little gilr 6 that paired up with her and they had a great time.

The snack was good too... P & J uncrustable, gummie bears, rice krispie treat, juice box and a bag of loot.

There are some pics of the pirate cruise on my website link below :D

>>^..^<<

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I guess I will leave it up to my DD whether she would rather go on the cruise or stay with DAD and rent the water mice.

DO you know how far out I need to make ressie's for this?

They take reservations up to 120 days in advance.
407-WDW-DINE

is there something close by for parents and a 15 yr old to do while the kids are on the cruise?

Originally posted by sln88
is there something close by for parents and a 15 yr old to do while the kids are on the cruise?

Hi, well - you could eat at the GF Garden Cafe... and then walk around to the shops at the GF..

Or you could rent watermice or a boat...

Or - why not jump on the monorail and visit the contemporary and polynesian - have a walk around each resort and then come back to the GF to meet your Pirate.

The time will go quick...

>>^..^<<

We split up. One parent took the boys then went back to the MK and stayed with our dd while the other picked them up.

My twin DD's (age 6) will be cruising with the Pirates on Monday, 5/26!! One of them is severly allergic to peanuts (she wears an ID braclet and we carry an Epi pen). When I called to make the PS, I informed them of this and they said they would make a note on the reservation. I will probably call the day before and remind them. Have any of you had this problem with this cruise?

My DD does know not to eat peanuts, but I don't think she has ever seen a PB&J uncrustables. We don't even keep peanut butter (or other items with peanuts) in the house!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter