Pink Pajamas, Penguins on the Bottom PTR, August 2010 with pics!

Also, a quick question, does anyone know if it's possible to add a park day to your trip when you check in? And would it be full price or the small amount that it is if you do it when you book your reservation? I am thinking of adding an extra park day to our trip so after our Kitchen Sink at B&C, we could go check out Epcot or DHS for a little bit. I already have 7 day tickets. That covers everyday including our departure day since the train doesn't leave until 6:40pm. I figured it'd be nice to spend half a day at the park to waste time before we have to leave for the train station.

I am not sure I understand the question... or actually the reason. If you have tickets for all the days, then why do you need another?

As for the real question..I am not sure how it works to add tickets when you check in. I would think that it would just be the cost of an 8 day ticket vs. the 7. I have an 8 day non park hopping ticket. We are likely only to get about an hour at best in the park. I figured that we could go there to shop on mainstreet before our Ohana reservation. That extra day for the 4 of us only added $12 to our entire cost. Of course it would have added more if it were a park hopper.

I am not sure I understand the question... or actually the reason. If you have tickets for all the days, then why do you need another?

As for the real question..I am not sure how it works to add tickets when you check in. I would think that it would just be the cost of an 8 day ticket vs. the 7. I have an 8 day non park hopping ticket. We are likely only to get about an hour at best in the park. I figured that we could go there to shop on mainstreet before our Ohana reservation. That extra day for the 4 of us only added $12 to our entire cost. Of course it would have added more if it were a park hopper.

Just to clarify-- if you wait until you get to your resort, yes, you will be charged for one day's admission (i.e. $74 or whatever it is) as opposed to the $10 or so dollars it would be to upgrade from 7 to 8 in advance. We went through this last year. Also, park hoppers wouldn't make a difference. The park hopper fee is a flat $50 or whatever for your entire stay-- so there's no difference in price as far as THAT goes if you upgrade in advance. Only the ticket itself.

I only have tickets for our first day through our departure day, not our arrival day. I thought about going into the parks that day if we aren't too tired.

Just to clarify-- if you wait until you get to your resort, yes, you will be charged for one day's admission (i.e. $74 or whatever it is) as opposed to the $10 or so dollars it would be to upgrade from 7 to 8 in advance. We went through this last year. Also, park hoppers wouldn't make a difference. The park hopper fee is a flat $50 or whatever for your entire stay-- so there's no difference in price as far as THAT goes if you upgrade in advance. Only the ticket itself.

Thanks for the info! I am still thinking about whether or not I want to add the extra day.

So here's the ADR update. I will explain my changes at the end:

Saturday, August 21st

Places – DD, Boardwalk, Pool. Epcot
Epcot –
World Showcase: 11am – 9pm
Future World: 9am – 7pm

Meals

B – On Train
L – Planet Hollywood (2:15pm, OOP with $15 off coupon)
D – Hurricane Hannah’s Grill (QS) and/or Beaches and Cream (Kitchen Sink, OOP)

Sunday, August 22nd

Places – MK – 9am – 12 am (EMH 9pm – 12am)
DD, Boardwalk, Pool
Wishes: 9pm

Meals

B – Chef Mickey’s (10:35am)
L – GF Afternoon Tea (OOP) (3:30pm)
D – QS

Monday, August 23rd

Places – AK – 9am – 8pm (EMH 5pm – 8pm)
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade: 3:45 p.m.

Meals

B – In Room
L – Flame Tree Barbecue or Mickey Picnic in the Park
D – Boma (8:20pm)

Tuesday, August 24th

Places –
Epcot – World Showcase: 11am – 12am (EMH 9pm-12am)
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: 9:00 p.m.

Meals

B – In Room or Snacks from Food Court
L – Le Cellier (1:20pm)
D – QS

Wednesday, August 25th

Places- DHS – 9am – 10pm (EMH 7pm – 10pm)
Block Party Bash: 3:00 p.m.

Meals

L – Toluca Turkey Legs
D – 50s Primetime Café (8:55pm)

Thursday, August 26th

Places – Epcot –
World Showcase: 11am – 12am (EMH 9pm-12am)

DHS – 9am – 8:30pm

Meals

B – Kona Café (10:15am)
L – Resort Food Court
D – QS

Friday, August 27th

Places: Catch up day
Epcot –

Meals

B – In Room
L - QS
D – Chefs De France (8:15pm)

Saturday, August 28th

Places: MK – 9am – 10pm

B – In Room
L – Crystal Palace (12:50pm)

So as for the changes, I switched Crystal Palace for our departure day because I thought it would be nice to eat a big meal and visit with characters before we have to go to the train station. Plus I thought Kona for breakfast would be too much food for one day since our Boma dinner was also that same day. I am debating on dropping the Le Cellier reservation and booking a different dinner at Epcot that night. I love Le Cellier but I'm just not sure how a heavy lunch would sit with us.

Soon, I will post revised daily plans and our Day 6 Plans. Plus, I'm thinking of posting some pics of souvenirs I have from my last trip.

I only have tickets for our first day through our departure day, not our arrival day. I thought about going into the parks that day if we aren't too tired.

:thumbsup2 Gotcha. Maybe cost wise you should add it before the trip? I don't know if you can still do that. Since I don't know...I would only suggest you look into. I know for us, we added the 8th day before everything was paid for. I toyed around with not having it on there...since we will not get much use of it. However, like I mentioned, it was only about $12 more to add it so I ended up leaving it on....just in case we head over for an hour. I figure I would rather have it and waste the $12 by not going, than not have it and wish we had.

So here's the ADR update. I will explain my changes at the end:

Saturday, August 21st

Places – DD, Boardwalk, Pool. Epcot
Epcot –

Meals

B – On Train
L – Planet Hollywood (2:15pm, OOP with $15 off coupon)
D – Hurricane Hannah’s Grill (QS) and/or Beaches and Cream (Kitchen Sink, OOP)

Sunday, August 22nd

Places – MK – 9am – 12 am (EMH 9pm – 12am)
DD, Boardwalk, Pool
Wishes: 9pm

Meals

B – Chef Mickey’s (10:35am)
L – GF Afternoon Tea (OOP) (3:30pm)
D – QS

Monday, August 23rd

Places – AK – 9am – 8pm (EMH 5pm – 8pm)
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade: 3:45 p.m.

Meals

B – In Room
L – Flame Tree Barbecue or Mickey Picnic in the Park
D – Boma (8:20pm)

Tuesday, August 24th

Places –
Epcot – World Showcase: 11am – 12am (EMH 9pm-12am)
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: 9:00 p.m.

Meals

L – Le Cellier (1:20pm)
D – QS

Wednesday, August 25th

Places- DHS – 9am – 10pm (EMH 7pm – 10pm)
Block Party Bash: 3:00 p.m.

Meals

L – Toluca Turkey Legs
D – 50s Primetime Café (8:55pm)

Thursday, August 26th

Places – Epcot –
World Showcase: 11am – 12am (EMH 9pm-12am)

DHS – 9am – 8:30pm

Meals

B – Kona Café (10:15am)
L – Resort Food Court
D – QS

Friday, August 27th

Places: Catch up day
Epcot –

Meals

B – In Room
L - QS
D – Chefs De France (8:15pm)

Saturday, August 28th

Places: MK – 9am – 10pm

B – In Room
L – Crystal Palace (12:50pm)

So as for the changes, I switched Crystal Palace for our departure day because I thought it would be nice to eat a big meal and visit with characters before we have to go to the train station. Plus I thought Kona for breakfast would be too much food for one day since our Boma dinner was also that same day. I am debating on dropping the Le Cellier reservation and booking a different dinner at Epcot that night. I love Le Cellier but I'm just not sure how a heavy lunch would sit with us.

Soon, I will post revised daily plans and our Day 6 Plans. Plus, I'm thinking of posting some pics of souvenirs I have from my last trip.

I think I have done this to you before...so I am so sorry.:guilty: Not sure if it helps you to decide between your two choices listed for the day, but it looks like Flame Tree will be closed for refurb.

I think I have done this to you before...so I am so sorry.:guilty: Not sure if it helps you to decide between your two choices listed for the day, but it looks like Flame Tree will be closed for refurb.

Oh I knew that. I just keep forgetting to update my itinerary. Thanks though and don't feel guilty. The info you have given me is super useful..

Woohoo!:cool1::banana: My Mickey Mail arrived today! I'll post pics of it tomorrow plus another update! Also, only 30 MORE DAYS! :cool1::banana::dance3:Have a great day everyone! :goodvibes

Thanks. I am not really a bad mommy, I guess. I just end up feeling guiltly because I want to be able to give them everything they want. However, I realize I didn't get everything I wanted, most but not everything, when I was little and I turned perfectly fine. So they will be ok, too.

As for the tea, do you remember the flavor of the tea you tried or the food? There are so many choices for flavors of tea and the option to order everything a la carte or grouped together. So I am not sure which option to go for. I kinda know the choice I want which is: The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea.

I still don't know the flavor of tea I want to try but I do know I want to try all the things offered in that choice. Plus the sparkling wine seems like it would be great with the tea and the snacks.

Hmm, I don't actually remember what tea I had at the GF, but I am a tea traditionalist, so I would have probably picked an English Breakfast or Ceylon tea, something that's a pretty standard black tea. I don't do so well with exotic fruity teas. I dont' want to seem like I am drinking/eating flowers. LOL. But sometimes I wish I was a bit more adventurous with my teas like I am with my food. But I like plain black tea, simple as that. I think you'll be happy with your choice no matter what!

I don't have a big update for right now. Not too much going on at the moment besides me working and trying to get everything ready for the trip and get the kids stuff ready for going back to school in a small amount of time.

I received part of our train tickets in the mail and will receive the other part next week sometime. I also received the $25 Visa giftcard from Mypoints. I thought it might take a little longer but it didn't. So now all I have left to do is back to school uniform and supply shopping, contact the school about the kids not being there the first three days of school (due to the trip) and finish shopping for the trip. Plus schedule the Happy Limo transportation to and from the train station. I also need to get the girls summer dresses to wear to the GF Tea since they have outgrown all the ones from last summer.

Soon, I will post the revised Day 1 plans given the changes I made. Hopefully I will get to that this weekend or sometime early next week. I am working 7 days straight with a 4 day weekend coming :cool1:. Woohoo! Not excited about the 7 days straight but loving the 4 day weekend which happened entirely by accident. I was scheduled off Thurs and Fri one week and then the next week they scheduled me off Sat and Sun. :goodvibes

Also, a quick question, does anyone know if it's possible to add a park day to your trip when you check in? And would it be full price or the small amount that it is if you do it when you book your reservation? I am thinking of adding an extra park day to our trip so after our Kitchen Sink at B&C, we could go check out Epcot or DHS for a little bit. I already have 7 day tickets. That covers everyday including our departure day since the train doesn't leave until 6:40pm. I figured it'd be nice to spend half a day at the park to waste time before we have to leave for the train station.

I think if you add an extra day to your 7-day tickets right now, the cost would be minimal to upgrade, I think it's only like a few bucks a person per day. Anything above a 5 day ticket is usually very small increments. We actually have 6 day park hoppers even though we're only going for 5 days because the difference between the 6 day and 5 day was something like 5 bucks for 2 of us, and in the event we happen to arrive in Orlando ahead of schedule, we may actually be able to make it to MK or Epcot before it closes for the night, for maybe an hour or so. So we kept the 6 day passes just in case. But yes, I do believe you will have to let them know ahead of your trip.

Woohoo!:cool1::banana: My Mickey Mail arrived today! I'll post pics of it tomorrow plus another update! Also, only 30 MORE DAYS! :cool1::banana::dance3:Have a great day everyone! :goodvibes

YAY!! It's so close now!! Countdown dance!! I just paid of the balance of our trip this week and I want my Mickey Mail now!! :yay:

Woohoo! Great news! The mickey mail makes the trip seem that much closer.

Still waiting on mine, TA says it should be in any time now and she will check it over and get it right out to us once that's done. Paitiently (well ok, not so patiently :lmao:) watching my mailbox everyday.

I am so sorry for not posting an update yesterday. After working 7 days straight, I came home and crashed. I ended up getting up around 6pm and then going to the store to get some extras for our taco night dinner I planned. We LOVE :lovestruc taco night. It is a huge hit in our household. I just buy the shells, cook the meat and lay out all the toppings like a little buffet and everyone digs in. Since I have 4 nights off, we decided to have a couple margaritas along with the tacos. But considering I was still very tired, I ended up eating my tacos, drinking a margarita and falling asleep. So no new updates yesterday. I do have a lot to share with you though. I bought the other set of train tickets for DFi and Alleyah so we are set to go with that. Plus I found a cute mini backpack cooler on clearance for $7.75 at Wal-Mart. I also got a travel soap holder and travel toiletries tube for DFi's soap and body wash. So later on this evening, I will be posting pics of my purchases plus old souvie pics from my previous trip. Plus I still have lots to do. I am thinking of making a to do list and posting that on here as well. Hope everyone has a good day! See you soon with new updates!

First I'll post some photos of recent purchases and Mickey Mail! Next Update I'll post our Day 6 plans as well as some changes to our arrival day plans.

My new mini backpack cooler that I got on clearance for $7.75. I think it will be good for the train and going into the parks.
DSC00219.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

My rolling cooler I got a few weeks ago. Forgot to take the pic so I am just posting a link to this one:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...-qE4_82ATmrNnOCA&sa=title&ved=0CCUQ8wIwBDgA#p

The girls needed new summer dresses to wear to the GF Gardenview Tea Room so here are the ones I found:

Haylee's -

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

Alleyah's -

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

Some random things toiletries I purchases:

DSC00228.jpg

More Kids' Train Bag Goodies (Only one pic since these items are identical):
Toy Story Gummies and Mickey Dried Apples -
DSC00230.jpg

My WDW Camera Bag that I purchased on my recent trip that I will also be using on this trip:

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

Alleyah's Tink Luggage I bought for her to use a few years ago when this trip was in the beginning stages of being planned. Haylee also had luggage like this except she had POTC. However, the zipper broke on the large rolling bag. So now she is just using luggage that I have that I purchased at WDW on my last trip when I didn't have room for all the souvies:rolleyes1.

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

Luggage Tags I've collected along the way:

DSC00235.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.....

As always your items are wonderful!

That backpack looks like it will work well. To find it on clearance is just icing on the cake!

The dresses are so pretty. I am particularly fond of Haylee's. I love the pink!!!

Where, where, where?? did you get the disney food? I really would like to pick up something like this for the girls. I can't seem to find any.

Alleyah's tink luggage are very nice. Did you buy those at Disney Store? I love the butterfly zipper pulls.

I have (or rather dh has) a black camera bag like yours. I will be using it this next trip. I just love the little mickey head zipper pulls.

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Yay on the mickey mail!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: It is so exciting to get cause it means you are getting close to going on your trip!!!

As always your items are wonderful!

That backpack looks like it will work well. To find it on clearance is just icing on the cake!

The dresses are so pretty. I am particularly fond of Haylee's. I love the pink!!!

Where, where, where?? did you get the disney food? I really would like to pick up something like this for the girls. I can't seem to find any.

Alleyah's tink luggage are very nice. Did you buy those at Disney Store? I love the butterfly zipper pulls.

I have (or rather dh has) a black camera bag like yours. I will be using it this next trip. I just love the little mickey head zipper pulls.

Thanks! I found the Disney food at Wal-Mart. The Toy Story gummies were on clearance so they probably won't be there anymore. But the dried apples still are. They are where they keep the nuts and popcorn. They also have a package with Goofy on the front that is dried strawberries and bananas. They are pretty inexpensive, too, at a $1 a bag. They also have Disney Gummies like pretty packaged fruit flavored gummies in Mickey & Friends, Princess and Nemo & Friends. Plus they are running some kind of promo where 100 calorie packs of Cheez-Its are Disney themed. Well at least I think they are. There is some sort of contest associated with them that is a sweepstakes to win a Disney trip. I got a great deal on the dresses, too. I searched all over trying to find the perfect dresses and no luck. So yesterday, we went browsing through a local thrift store and found those, only $7 for both. Got to the register and due to some special they were having, Alleyah's was half off so my total was only $5.66. Normally I don't do the thrift store thing but with how fast they are growing it works out really well. Plus occasionally I can get high priced brands for a lot less.

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Yay on the mickey mail!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: It is so exciting to get cause it means you are getting close to going on your trip!!!

I know! I love getting mickey mail! I can't believe how close we are! We leave in 27 days!!

Thanks! I found the Disney food at Wal-Mart. The Toy Story gummies were on clearance so they probably won't be there anymore. But the dried apples still are. They are where they keep the nuts and popcorn. They also have a package with Goofy on the front that is dried strawberries and bananas. They are pretty inexpensive, too, at a $1 a bag. They also have Disney Gummies like pretty packaged fruit flavored gummies in Mickey & Friends, Princess and Nemo & Friends. Plus they are running some kind of promo where 100 calorie packs of Cheez-Its are Disney themed. Well at least I think they are. There is some sort of contest associated with them that is a sweepstakes to win a Disney trip. I got a great deal on the dresses, too. I searched all over trying to find the perfect dresses and no luck. So yesterday, we went browsing through a local thrift store and found those, only $7 for both. Got to the register and due to some special they were having, Alleyah's was half off so my total was only $5.66. Normally I don't do the thrift store thing but with how fast they are growing it works out really well. Plus occasionally I can get high priced brands for a lot less.

I know! I love getting mickey mail! I can't believe how close we are! We leave in 27 days!! [/COLOR][/B]

I will have to check out walmart for the food. Nice tip! Thanks!!!

As for the thrift store...I wouldn't say I shop often, but often enough that I love when I do. I have to be in the mood to "treasure hunt". Boy the deals that can be had. Those dresses look new. If you had not told me otherwise, I would never have guessed.

Less that 4 wks!!! I bet the girls (and maybe yourself too) are very excited. I know I am not in the 30's and I can barely contain myself!

I will have to check out walmart for the food. Nice tip! Thanks!!!

As for the thrift store...I wouldn't say I shop often, but often enough that I love when I do. I have to be in the mood to "treasure hunt". Boy the deals that can be had. Those dresses look new. If you had not told me otherwise, I would never have guessed.

Less that 4 wks!!! I bet the girls (and maybe yourself too) are very excited. I know I am not in the 30's and I can barely contain myself!

Yeah, I don't shop there that much either. But I do get good deals when I do. I just decided to check out the dresses there since I was having so much trouble finding them at various stores. Everything now is fall dresses which isn't really appropriate or comfortable for Florida in August.

I also forgot to answer your other question. The luggage is from the Disney Store. We got it back in 2008.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter