Pink Pajamas, Penguins on the Bottom PTR, August 2010 with pics!

Looks like a great day planned! Do you plan to do Fantasmic? Is it showing that day? There is also the Beauty and the Beast show, which my youngest dd loves. One other thing that I am putting on my to do that we didn't do this last time was the Magic of Disney Animation. I think the inside area might be helpful in the heat.

I looked it up and I don't think it is. I wanted to see it if I got a chance but it's ok if we don't. Have you seen it before? Is it worth the wait? I had forgotten about Beauty and the Beast and the Magic of Disney Animation. Those are two I have never done but want to. I have read so many good reviews on here about both. Thanks for reminding me.

So here are my top ten must eat foods in no particular order, some I've tried and some will be new.

10. Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - I've had this once before and it was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to enjoy it again.

9. Chocolate "Moose" from Le Cellier - I have never tried this. I was too full to order it last time so I just had the seasonal sorbet so that I did not waste my dessert on the DP.

8. The Make Your Own Creation from Goofy's Candy Company at DTD - I loved doing this on my previous trip and can't wait to do it again. My last creation was marshmallows covered in dark chocolate and drizzled with caramel and dark chocolate chips.

7. World Famous Chicken Crunch from Planet Hollywood - I've had this many times before at several PHs and loved it each time. It has been a long time since I last had one and can't wait to share this with my girls.

6. Butterfinger Cupcake from Starring Rolls in DHS - I have never had this but after seeing pics on the DIS, I can't wait to try it.

5. 100% Kona Coffee French Press Pot from Kona Cafe at Poly - This coffee is better than any coffee I've ever had other than having espresso in Italy.

4. Breakfast from Kona Cafe at Poly - I've tried 2 things on this menu and loved both. They were the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes (what I ordered) and the Ham & Cheese Omelet (what my friend ordered). This time I am thinking about trying Tonga Toast because of the fabulous reviews. Plus it looks so YUMMY!

3. Chef Mickey's Breakfast at CR - I can't wait to have the mickey waffles, Goofy's Vegetable Lasagna, and Minnie's Breakfast Pizza again. YUM!

2. Zebra Domes from Boma at AKL: I have never tried these so I can't wait to have my first one. They sound so incredible!

1. S'mores and Dad's Traditional Meatloaf from 50s PT in DHS - I have had the meatloaf once before and loved it. I never tried any desserts here because when we ate there, we weren't on the dining plan and were much too full. So I am looking forward to trying the S'mores this trip. In all the pics I've seen of them, they look absolutely delicious.

I looked it up and I don't think it is. I wanted to see it if I got a chance but it's ok if we don't. Have you seen it before? Is it worth the wait? I had forgotten about Beauty and the Beast and the Magic of Disney Animation. Those are two I have never done but want to. I have read so many good reviews on here about both. Thanks for reminding me.

We like fantasmic. I feel it is worth the wait, but...one of my favorite things about WDW are the shows. It is the most elaborate they have in the parks. I would even rank it in some ways about wishes or illuminations just because of the character involvement.

As for Beauty and the Beast, it is good...but I could miss that one if I had to.

So here are my top ten must eat foods in no particular order, some I've tried and some will be new.

10. Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - I've had this once before and it was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to enjoy it again.

9. Chocolate "Moose" from Le Cellier - I have never tried this. I was too full to order it last time so I just had the seasonal sorbet so that I did not waste my dessert on the DP.

8. The Make Your Own Creation from Goofy's Candy Company at DTD - I loved doing this on my previous trip and can't wait to do it again. My last creation was marshmallows covered in dark chocolate and drizzled with caramel and dark chocolate chips.

7. World Famous Chicken Crunch from Planet Hollywood - I've had this many times before at several PHs and loved it each time. It has been a long time since I last had one and can't wait to share this with my girls.

6. Butterfinger Cupcake from Starring Rolls in DHS - I have never had this but after seeing pics on the DIS, I can't wait to try it.

5. 100% Kona Coffee French Press Pot from Kona Cafe at Poly - This coffee is better than any coffee I've ever had other than having espresso in Italy.

4. Breakfast from Kona Cafe at Poly - I've tried 2 things on this menu and loved both. They were the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes (what I ordered) and the Ham & Cheese Omelet (what my friend ordered). This time I am thinking about trying Tonga Toast because of the fabulous reviews. Plus it looks so YUMMY!

3. Chef Mickey's Breakfast at CR - I can't wait to have the mickey waffles, Goofy's Vegetable Lasagna, and Minnie's Breakfast Pizza again. YUM!

2. Zebra Domes from Boma at AKL: I have never tried these so I can't wait to have my first one. They sound so incredible!

1. S'mores and Dad's Traditional Meatloaf from 50s PT in DHS - I have had the meatloaf once before and loved it. I never tried any desserts here because when we ate there, we weren't on the dining plan and were much too full. So I am looking forward to trying the S'mores this trip. In all the pics I've seen of them, they look absolutely delicious.

OMG! I have not tried a single thing on your list! Can you believe that? Sadly, I probably will not try any on this next trip.

We like fantasmic. I feel it is worth the wait, but...one of my favorite things about WDW are the shows. It is the most elaborate they have in the parks. I would even rank it in some ways about wishes or illuminations just because of the character involvement.

As for Beauty and the Beast, it is good...but I could miss that one if I had to.

Alleyah really wants to see Fantasmic but I don't think it is going on any night we are there. I bought her a WDW hidden info book and she read about it. So it's pretty much all she's talked about. I've never seen it and really didn't know much about it til she mentioned it. I loved Wishes, though. I even got teary-eyed through it.

So as I promised, the kids made list of the top ten things they are looking forward to at WDW (in no certain order). On some, I will give descriptions since they didn't really explain them.

10. Having fun at WDW!

9. Seeing the Disney Castle!

8. Getting to answer the wake up call in the morning. So here's a little description on this one, I promised the girls they could take turns answering the wake up call. That way they could each get a chance to hear the characters that call.

7. Getting to eat French Food at Chefs De France. Neither of the girls has ever tried French food and they are very excited for this chance.

6. Turtle Talk with Crush

5. Epcot

4. Haunted Mansion

3. Turkey Legs

2. See the looks and reactions on my Mom's, Dad's and Sister's face at WDW!

1. Fireworks

Next Post, Haylee's List...

This List will require a little bit more descriptions by me.

10. Seeing Disney Characters

9. Fireworks (This one is kinda odd since her dad and I both know she is afraid of fireworks. In a later post, I will tell you a funny story about a particular fireworks incident a couple years ago)

8. Staying at POP and sleeping the comfy beds

7. Eating and having tea at a tea party (This is in reference to the ADR that I still need to make for the Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea. Wish me luck in getting an ADR this late)

6. Having fun at WDW!

5. Spending time with my Mom, Dad and Sister

4. Swimming in the pool

3. Riding with Goofy (This is because she hopes to ride Goofy's Barnstormer on the first ride when Goofy rides along. I reminded her this may not happen but we will try)

2. Riding in the Epcot Ball (This one is self explanatory)

1. Eating out of a kitchen sink (This refers to our plans to eat at B&C and have the kitchen sink dessert)

I love your girls top 10 lists. Sounds like they are very excited about their trip and spending time as a family. I've told my boys that we can get phone calls in the morning from some of the characters so they are looking forward to that as well. I like the idea of taking turns answering the phone, might have to put that one into play as well so they don't fight over the phone.

Reading your top 10 foods made me so hungry, and looking forward to trying new foods when we go down to WDW. Definetely can't wait to try Zebra Domes and the Butterfinger cupcake myself.

8. Getting to answer the wake up call in the morning. So here's a little description on this one, I promised the girls they could take turns answering the wake up call. That way they could each get a chance to hear the characters that call.

Do you know off hand how to set this up? I have never done this and thought it might be fun.

BTW, love the girls lists!!!

Woohoo! I love LOVE LOVE LOVE DISNEY!!! :lovestruc :love: :cool1: So I guess I should explain my excitement. Yesterday, after seeing Haylee's top ten, I was feeling like a bad mommy. I went on for months about how exciting it would be to have tea at the GF never thinking the kids were that into it. I wanted to do it but postponed booking the ADR until I was sure I could afford the extra OOP expense. Then once I realized I probably could, I thought it was way too late to be able to get an ADR. So I decided we would just skip it and have the Kitchen Sink at B&C instead. Originally we planned to do both. Of course not in the same day. But then I saw Haylee's top ten and felt like a bad mommy. Of course I can't be that bad of a mommy considering I am taking them to WDW. But I did feel guilty so I decided to call Disney Dining and see what I could do. Well, the original day I wanted was booked but I was able to get an ADR for 3:30pm on our first day in the parks. We will be at MK so we can leave, have our tea and come back. While DFi goes back to the room to relax or hang at one of the Monorail Resort Bars. I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to get the ADR so the fact that I did is truly Disney Magic :wizard:!

I love your girls top 10 lists. Sounds like they are very excited about their trip and spending time as a family. I've told my boys that we can get phone calls in the morning from some of the characters so they are looking forward to that as well. I like the idea of taking turns answering the phone, might have to put that one into play as well so they don't fight over the phone.

Reading your top 10 foods made me so hungry, and looking forward to trying new foods when we go down to WDW. Definetely can't wait to try Zebra Domes and the Butterfinger cupcake myself.

They are getting very excited. The girls fight over pretty much everything so them taking turns with the calls was the only thing that made sense. Plus DFi and I are heavy sleepers so we would probably ignore the phone. Whereas the kids will get up and answer it with no issue.

Writing that list made me hungry. I can't wait to try all those foods and to find some new favorites as well.

Do you know off hand how to set this up? I have never done this and thought it might be fun.

BTW, love the girls lists!!!

I'm not sure but I think if you request a wakeup call, you get a character one. Though I've never done it myself so I can't be sure. If I find anything else out about it, I'll let you know.

Thanks! I tried to get them to not do them together so they wouldn't be too similiar. I'm not sure if they listened or not since they worked on them when I was at work.

Woohoo! I love LOVE LOVE LOVE DISNEY!!! :lovestruc :love: :cool1: So I guess I should explain my excitement. Yesterday, after seeing Haylee's top ten, I was feeling like a bad mommy. I went on for months about how exciting it would be to have tea at the GF never thinking the kids were that into it. I wanted to do it but postponed booking the ADR until I was sure I could afford the extra OOP expense. Then once I realized I probably could, I thought it was way too late to be able to get an ADR. So I decided we would just skip it and have the Kitchen Sink at B&C instead. Originally we planned to do both. Of course not in the same day. But then I saw Haylee's top ten and felt like a bad mommy. Of course I can't be that bad of a mommy considering I am taking them to WDW. But I did feel guilty so I decided to call Disney Dining and see what I could do. Well, the original day I wanted was booked but I was able to get an ADR for 3:30pm on our first day in the parks. We will be at MK so we can leave, have our tea and come back. While DFi goes back to the room to relax or hang at one of the Monorail Resort Bars. I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to get the ADR so the fact that I did is truly Disney Magic :wizard:!

Yay!!! You are a good mommy no matter what, but I am sure this make you feel even like a better one. Congrats on getting that ADR!

YUM!! I have to peruse the menus to see what are the things I really want to enjoy as well. I think I've only had the meatloaf at 50's Primetime from your list. And I think I had the Chicken crunch at PH a long time ago too. Tonga toast is def on my list as well as the filet at Le Cellier, and the zebra domes...heck I want to try everything else on your list! LOL :laughing: You have just made my list of must-eats much much longer! I wonder if I will have any snack credits available amongst all the smoothies, cupcakes, pretzels, dole whip, school bread, etc. that I will be getting...

Alleyah really wants to see Fantasmic but I don't think it is going on any night we are there. I bought her a WDW hidden info book and she read about it. So it's pretty much all she's talked about. I've never seen it and really didn't know much about it til she mentioned it. I loved Wishes, though. I even got teary-eyed through it.

The kids's lists are really cute! And Fantasmic! is awesome! I used to never watch any of the shows, but after I saw Fantasmic once in DLR, I was hooked. Loved it.

Aww, every mom that I know calls themselves a bad mommy at least a few times a week, even though I know they are the greatest moms ever. :hug: I went to tea at GF once a long time ago, like in 2003. It was a lot of fun for me and DH. I can't remember it too well though but it was definitely very traditional and pretty. Your girls will have a wonderful time at both Tea and B and C! Lucky girls!!!

Yay!!! You are a good mommy no matter what, but I am sure this make you feel even like a better one. Congrats on getting that ADR!

Thanks! :goodvibes I am very excited to do this. It has been something we've wanted to do for a while, even locally and have just not gotten around to it. So now it will be nice to try it for the first time in Disney. I am a big tea drinker anyway and always trying new flavors.

OMG! I have not tried a single thing on your list! Can you believe that? Sadly, I probably will not try any on this next trip.

Well you'll have to let me in on your favorites so I know what to try and where to make ADRs on my next trip. And of course I'll be sharing my reviews with you, too.

We may have to check it out if it's showing. I'm still not sure it is on the day we planned to go to DHS.

I love the Beauty and the Beast movie. I've even seen it on Broadway when I lived in NYC. So I am definitely going to try to see the show. But the Voyage of the Little Mermaid comes first since it ranks pretty high on Alleyah's list.

YUM!! I have to peruse the menus to see what are the things I really want to enjoy as well. I think I've only had the meatloaf at 50's Primetime from your list. And I think I had the Chicken crunch at PH a long time ago too. Tonga toast is def on my list as well as the filet at Le Cellier, and the zebra domes...heck I want to try everything else on your list! LOL :laughing: You have just made my list of must-eats much much longer! I wonder if I will have any snack credits available amongst all the smoothies, cupcakes, pretzels, dole whip, school bread, etc. that I will be getting...

How did you like the meatloaf? I am not a big meatloaf person so I was surprised by how much I liked it. I even copied the recipe and made it a few months ago when DFi's mom was craving meatloaf.

You will love the Filet! Sooo good! The best steak they had they don't serve anymore. I don't exactly remember the name but it was a Maple BBQ Steak with Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes. I went with a friend and I ordered the filet and he ordered the Maple BBQ Steak. Mine was good but his was better. He has eaten at a lot of fancy steakhouses like Shula's, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, etc and he said out of all of those, that was one of the best steaks he'd ever had. He even thought about joining us on this trip but had to back out last minute. I told him I'd gotten a reservation at Le Cellier but told him the steak was no longer on the menu. His response was that steak would be the reason for him eating there. Otherwise, there was no point.

The kids's lists are really cute! And Fantasmic! is awesome! I used to never watch any of the shows, but after I saw Fantasmic once in DLR, I was hooked. Loved it.

Thanks! :goodvibes I will definitely have to try to catch Fantasmic when we are there. DFi is just against a lot of waiting so I am trying to minimize that as much as I can with little tips and tricks.

Aww, every mom that I know calls themselves a bad mommy at least a few times a week, even though I know they are the greatest moms ever. :hug: I went to tea at GF once a long time ago, like in 2003. It was a lot of fun for me and DH. I can't remember it too well though but it was definitely very traditional and pretty. Your girls will have a wonderful time at both Tea and B and C! Lucky girls!!!

Thanks. I am not really a bad mommy, I guess. I just end up feeling guiltly because I want to be able to give them everything they want. However, I realize I didn't get everything I wanted, most but not everything, when I was little and I turned perfectly fine. So they will be ok, too.

As for the tea, do you remember the flavor of the tea you tried or the food? There are so many choices for flavors of tea and the option to order everything a la carte or grouped together. So I am not sure which option to go for. I kinda know the choice I want which is: The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea.

I still don't know the flavor of tea I want to try but I do know I want to try all the things offered in that choice. Plus the sparkling wine seems like it would be great with the tea and the snacks.

I don't have a big update for right now. Not too much going on at the moment besides me working and trying to get everything ready for the trip and get the kids stuff ready for going back to school in a small amount of time.

I received part of our train tickets in the mail and will receive the other part next week sometime. I also received the $25 Visa giftcard from Mypoints. I thought it might take a little longer but it didn't. So now all I have left to do is back to school uniform and supply shopping, contact the school about the kids not being there the first three days of school (due to the trip) and finish shopping for the trip. Plus schedule the Happy Limo transportation to and from the train station. I also need to get the girls summer dresses to wear to the GF Tea since they have outgrown all the ones from last summer.

Soon, I will post the revised Day 1 plans given the changes I made. Hopefully I will get to that this weekend or sometime early next week. I am working 7 days straight with a 4 day weekend coming :cool1:. Woohoo! Not excited about the 7 days straight but loving the 4 day weekend which happened entirely by accident. I was scheduled off Thurs and Fri one week and then the next week they scheduled me off Sat and Sun. :goodvibes

Also, a quick question, does anyone know if it's possible to add a park day to your trip when you check in? And would it be full price or the small amount that it is if you do it when you book your reservation? I am thinking of adding an extra park day to our trip so after our Kitchen Sink at B&C, we could go check out Epcot or DHS for a little bit. I already have 7 day tickets. That covers everyday including our departure day since the train doesn't leave until 6:40pm. I figured it'd be nice to spend half a day at the park to waste time before we have to leave for the train station.

Sorry I haven't posted anything in couple days. This 7 days straight working thing is really exhausting me. I should be posting an update soon. I have plenty to share with you including more ADR changes. I think that might be my new addiction. Of course I'm pretty sure I changed them this much for my last trip. I just want everything to be just right for our trip. Plus I want everyone to have the best time they've had in their lives. So hopefully I will be posting the updated ADRs in the morning. Until then, everyone, have a great night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter