• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pick Pocketed

captinhookedondisney

HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE
My Cousins Just got back from a 5 day Disneyland Vacation and On the line for the second ride he felt his wallet move and later when he went to get money his wallet was missing. He lost his 120$ a credit Card and his Drivers License. Weird being pick pocketed in the Happiest Place On Earth.

That really sucks, I'm so terrified of being pick pocketed thats why we ALWAYS carry travellers checks, they're a pain in the you know what sometimes but in the end it's totally worth it. Like the previous poster said...thanks for the heads up :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry to hear that!

A few years ago we were leaving Small World and it was super crowded. My mom and dad were walking in front of me and there was a guy next to my dad who I actually saw reach into my dad's pocket. I started yelling and screaming and he took off running! Luckily my dad's wallet was in a different pocket!

Anywhere Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth, but I don't know why people assume just because anyone is in Disney, people all of a sudden become virtuous...I treat Disney the same as if I'm in any other large city. Sad, but true...:sad2:
I'm really sorry to hear about that!

well, at least you ONLY lost $120...

yes, your license and credit card but those can be stopped...

i never carry my wallet into Disneyland anymore... i learned to just take credit card linked to my keychain and enough cash i need for the day... leaving the rest in my car.

you might want to call Lost and Found... once the thief knows that nothing is working, it might end up there... I found a few wallets before and even a car key, but is turned in later that night or the next day...

Anywhere Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth, but I don't know why people assume just because anyone is in Disney, people all of a sudden become virtuous...I treat Disney the same as if I'm in any other large city. Sad, but true...:sad2:
I'm really sorry to hear about that!

Disneyland has TONs of criminals... someone even paid me in counterfiet money to which my relief didnt catch but i found out later... good thing its only a $20... looks kinda real... :\ it was missing a lot of the security feature...

He FELT his wallet move??? And didnt reach for it then and there?

Crime is everywhere....

sorry to hear...i've heard tell if men put their wallets in the front pockets it's more difficult to "lift":confused3

i always worry about my bagallini that i sling over my back in crowds, imagine it'd be easy pickings...have started bringing it forward on stomach when walking in heavy crowds.

sorry to hear...i've heard tell if men put their wallets in the front pockets it's more difficult to "lift":confused3

i always worry about my bagallini that i sling over my back in crowds, imagine it'd be easy pickings...have started bringing it forward on stomach when walking in heavy crowds.

I always have my wallet in my front pocket or if not in my leather fanny pack which is of course, in front of me. I would advise men to do the same.

My parents bought dh a wallet on a chain because he was alway loosing it.:lmao: It does come in handy in that he would really notice if someone tried to take it!:lmao: Plus he keeps it in his front pocket at dl.:thumbsup2

My DH doesn't carry a wallet in DL. I keep our ID's, CC, and cash in a backpack purse. They'd have to get past our camera, my cell phone, maybe even DH's, snacks, coupon book, and DL maps before he'd reach the bottom pocket area I keep the important stuff in. I have a difficult time getting to it!I hope I would have noticed someone else by then. I did "catch" a pirate in New Orleans square once unzipping it though. I thought DD9 was gonna beat him...until she realized he was a CM. lol

I have a family member that has been known to keep her cell phone and a credit card IN HER BRA while traveling. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: It's pretty funny to see the looks on people's faces when she pulls her phone out of her shirt to answer it :rotfl:

:eek: YIKES! that is terrible, but im not surprised either. What is this world coming to? So much crime thats being gotten away with. Its horrible. That would make for the suckiest day on earth to have your wallet stolen at DL.

I just came back from an overseas trip and even over there they were recommending that everyone (including the men) carry their bags in front of them, and put their wallets in their front pocket if they didn't have a bag. It was funny to see people wearing their backpacks in front of them :laughing: but they said that people have literally had their bags cut off of them from behind, and by the time they realize what's happening, the bag, and the theif, is gone. :sad2: This probably wouldn't be a concern in Disneyland since they do bags checks at security (How would they get a knife in the park?:scared1: ) but it's good to know for personal safety anywhere ,that we live in the real world, even in Disneyland, and bad things do happen to good people sometimes.
Sorry to hear about it though...

I have a family member that has been known to keep her cell phone and a credit card IN HER BRA while traveling. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: It's pretty funny to see the looks on people's faces when she pulls her phone out of her shirt to answer it :rotfl:

LOL, Cleavage holder. I did the same thing. We had lanyards with the plastic holders and the friend i was traveling with had hers break off. It had her entrance tickets, credit card, drivers license, hotel key card and money. Fortunately someone picked it up and turned it in. I have one of those neck wallets and kept that and my cell phone in my bra. My dd was mortified but i later saw her doing the same thing.

If a guys feels the need to carry a wallet the best place is in his front pocket it isn't 100% proof but it is alot harder to pick the from pocket
I never carry a pocket book, just a traveler check or two in my front pocket, so far so good but crime is everywhere, what about the young coule that got robbed in DW, so sad people get off on others misfortune:sad2:

I just came back from an overseas trip and even over there they were recommending that everyone (including the men) carry their bags in front of them, and put their wallets in their front pocket if they didn't have a bag. It was funny to see people wearing their backpacks in front of them :laughing: but they said that people have literally had their bags cut off of them from behind, and by the time they realize what's happening, the bag, and the theif, is gone. :sad2: This probably wouldn't be a concern in Disneyland since they do bags checks at security (How would they get a knife in the park?:scared1: ) but it's good to know for personal safety anywhere ,that we live in the real world, even in Disneyland, and bad things do happen to good people sometimes.
Sorry to hear about it though...

I was actually thinking about this the other day. They check people's bags but don't pat you down. It seems like someone could easily carry a folding knife in a pocket.

Or is this just during off-peak? It's been about 15 years since I've been there during the summer. Has anyone ever been frisked going through security?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter