pick a pearl setting

Locations

EPCOT - Japan - inside store
DTD
Typhoon Lagoon - I think it was near the shark tank
Beach Club - on the Boardwalk
AK

This sounds like SO much fun!! Dh doesn't know it yet, but we're stopping by the Japan in Epcot on Tuesday to "just look" at the pick a pearls. We'll be there for our 10 yr anniversary, do you think I can talk him into doing this for me?? :lmao:

bigAWL,

Thank you so much for your research :thumbsup2 !! I am such a visual person so the pictures were awesome to include!! I want to try for a black one if they have that species. Does anyone remember seeing the black oysters??

--Missy

That was indeed awesome research - call me skeptical - but I really believe they know exactly how many "twin" "black" etc as well as size pearls they put out there at one time - maybe thru Xray the oysters?? :confused3

We also did this, and absolutely love the pearls and the settings, dd was definately "addicted" I think she picked 3 pearls, all were over 7mm - and she just saved them for the next time we go to Disney!!

I also thought I could get away with NOT having dd pick a pearl and setting - I googled and found a place (I believe it was jtv.com btw - and from there I searched their site with "WISH pearl) online and bought the wish pearl for $9.99 it came with an oyster in a can of alcohol water, and a necklace (dolphin) You just put your pearl in the basket of the dolphin, close it, and then the chain goes through the hole holding the basket together!

(and I cant believe they also dont know the size of the pearls they are shipping out... but again, I'm may just be skeptical - I still think its a great deal!)

OK - I just checked that site and they do have the wish pearl, right now its $15.99 plus S&H but honestly they have sales and free shipping all the time -

I actually bought enhanced black pearls for $5 - there was a special 4 sterling silver backed post earrings 1 Black, 1 peach, 2 white for $19.99 - google black pearls there is a gorgeous Tahitian Black pearl set for $99!

Has anyone seen a 'lucky cat' pendant for putting the pearl into? It is a Japanese cat so I'm hoping they have it at the Japan location. I just saw one at jtv.com that kikiq posted a link to and I thought it was adorable.

Just curious if anyone had seen one :) .

Thanks!

Has anyone seen a 'lucky cat' pendant for putting the pearl into? It is a Japanese cat so I'm hoping they have it at the Japan location. I just saw one at jtv.com that kikiq posted a link to and I thought it was adorable.

Just curious if anyone had seen one :) .

Thanks!

When I got my Wish Pearl back in Aug of '02 in the WS, I got the lucky cat necklace. :goodvibes

Also, I found a eBay store that sells the Wish Pearls, you can find them in singles or in lots. I ordered some thru them for my future SIL's.
http://stores.ebay.com/qingmos_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Yippee!!!!!!!! I think that would be so cute. If you don't mind me asking, what was the length of the necklace and the :blush: price?

thanks!!

I'm pretty sure it was a 18" necklace. I believe (memory isn't so great!) it was $19.95 or $29.95. Cannot remember for sure. I know it was silver and the cage for the pearl was in the cat's tummy. :)

Can anyone post anymore pics of their pearls? Would be great to see.

So how much is it to "pick a pearl"?

I'm so glad I found this thread! I can't wait to show it to my daughter when she gets home. Maybe we can get something matching...that would be so fun! Thanks everyone for the info!

Tip for picking a pearl....

Several years ago, we were in DTD for an all girls trip. I decided to do this and was told by a bystander to pick the ugliest one. I did. My pearl was 9 mm. It's beautiful. The person who shucked it did this whole birth ceremony and told us that this pearl was from a boy oyster. Don't know if this is really true but here's the sentimental part. I had been an infertility patient for a loooong time and had given up. Three months after this trip, I found out I was pregnant with a little boy! I love that ring and will always remember my "special moment"

SO SWEET! Brought a tear to my eye. Congratulations on your pearl and your other special gem. They are such a gift.

bumping also;) . I have been enjoying this thread quite a lot!!

I've warned my husband that I am getting a pearl in Japan w/ the lucky cat pendant. I guess I warned him mainly b/c of the drum-banging and such that goes on after you pick the pearl. That way he has fair warning to be at the other end of the store so he can pretend he doesn't know me :rotfl2: . I think it would make him feel a little silly, but I love that kind of thing and so will my girls!! I will try for a black pearl also!! I hope they have black pearls when we go in.

Will the CM's help you tell the different kinds of oysters if you ask?

Thanks!!

Missy

I was going to wait until I figured how to post a picture, but my son did this for my mom and me. He picked 2 oysters, both were white 7mm. I got it in the gold cage and he picked out a small diamond crystal with a small birthstone for her that the pearl needed to be drilled..my moms is beautiful..it is so delicate.:thumbsup2

Several years ago, we were in DTD for an all girls trip. I decided to do this and was told by a bystander to pick the ugliest one. I did. My pearl was 9 mm. It's beautiful. The person who shucked it did this whole birth ceremony and told us that this pearl was from a boy oyster. Don't know if this is really true but here's the sentimental part. I had been an infertility patient for a loooong time and had given up. Three months after this trip, I found out I was pregnant with a little boy! I love that ring and will always remember my "special moment"

Wow, that is the most awesome pearl story I have ever heard! :cloud9:

Hey, Wouldn't it be cool if they had Pirates of the Caribbean settings- just in case we find that elusive black pearl? pirate:

I love my pearl ring -- picked the pearl and had it set in white gold with "diamond?" chips. It was beautiful and delicate looking. I think total was $125 and it was our 21st wedding anniversary.

My pearl was 7mm, pink. I loved it!

But those necklaces are so pretty too. Hmmmm, I had not planned to do pick a pearl in Feb but I might! :thumbsup2

Like another poster mentioned, it does seem to turn on my finger (top heavy) but I have gotten used to it. I do not wear it every day and never get it into too soapy of water but I DO have to wash my hands on occasion! It still looks nice - wearing it about once a week since November.

Congratulations! What a beautiful story. Getting that wonderful news would definitely have brought me back to three months earlier in Disney as well. There is certainly alot to be said for pixie dust!! :goodvibes

OMG! Just seeing these pictures makes me that much more excited for when I get to pick out my pearl!!! I hope I get something even half as beautiful as the ones posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter