pick a pearl setting

OMGoodness!! I have been goind to WDW since I was like 4 yrs old and I have never heard of this pick a pearl thing, can I just say :disrocks: !!! I have learnd sooo much from these boards! I am so doing this when we go down in Sept. Already warned the DH :rotfl:.... and he was like :scared1: How much? :lmao: I told him never you mind I am worth it ;)

This is sooo interesting...when we were at EPCOT in Nov we were in Japan to get some origami paper and I saw and heard the commotion around the tank. I thought it was fixed..well I have changed my mind after reading this thread so thanks!

What kind of pearls are these? Freshwater?? Akoya??

OMGoodness!! I have been goind to WDW since I was like 4 yrs old and I have never heard of this pick a pearl thing, can I just say :disrocks: !!! I have learnd sooo much from these boards! I am so doing this when we go down in Sept. Already warned the DH :rotfl:.... and he was like :scared1: How much? :lmao: I told him never you mind I am worth it ;)

YOU GO GIRL!! :cheer2:

Wait, so that's how much the pearl itself costs? And the settings range in price?

So is there anyway it could be under 100$ for the whole thing?

Absolutely! You can get a very nice one for under $100...some have reported settings for $25 so that would be around $40.

I am taking my 3 girls for christmas this year. this sounds like such a great idea for a christmas gift for each of them. It is a girls only trip and I think it is something that they will always remember. Thank you for this thread-I can't wait to suprise them with this.

I got back on Wednesday from WDW and I am now the proud owner of a BEAUTIFUL pearl and "diamond" ring. I love my ring. I picked a pearl and got a perfect 7mm ring with a slight pink tint. However, for the setting I picked, it was too big. I had to swap it with a pearl that they had in the back. I got to pick which pearl I wanted. My kids birthstones are pearl and diamond, so I really wanted a ring with both.

It is set in white gold. I have a small finger, so I was VERY surprised that they had a ring in a 4. DH was surprised to see how much they setting was... :hug: but it was our anniversary trip, so he was happy to get it for me.

We just got back and I would definitely recommend DTD for settings. The selection is MUCH better than Japan. We picked our pearls in Japan (they make more of a ceremony out of it which my daughter loved). My daughter got a butterfly pendant (sterling silver for 19.99...not inc. chain or pearl) in Japan. It was SO hot in there, I waited to look for settings for the two I picked. I escaped to Downtown Disney one night without the kids and was amazed at the selection the Pearl Factory had to offer...see Jen! I got a really cute lizard (sterling) and crab (14K gold) and LOVE them.

We just got back and I would definitely recommend DTD for settings. The selection is MUCH better than Japan. We picked our pearls in Japan (they make more of a ceremony out of it which my daughter loved). My daughter got a butterfly pendant (sterling silver for 19.99...not inc. chain or pearl) in Japan. It was SO hot in there, I waited to look for settings for the two I picked. I escaped to Downtown Disney one night without the kids and was amazed at the selection the Pearl Factory had to offer...see Jen! I got a really cute lizard (sterling) and crab (14K gold) and LOVE them.

so you got your pearl in Japan and the setting at DTD?!! Can you do that?!

Where exactly is the Pearl Factory in DTD? Is it in the Marketplace or on the West Side? Is it just a kiosk or an entire store? Or is it a counter inside of a larger store? I'm planning on picking a pearl when we go in October, and if I don't like any of the Japanese settings, I'd like to have it done at the Pearl Factory. Any information on its location would be wonderful! Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Where exactly is the Pearl Factory in DTD? Is it in the Marketplace or on the West Side? Is it just a kiosk or an entire store? Or is it a counter inside of a larger store? I'm planning on picking a pearl when we go in October, and if I don't like any of the Japanese settings, I'd like to have it done at the Pearl Factory. Any information on its location would be wonderful! Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Last year when we went they were on the Marketplace side, in a kiosk. I don't remember exactly where the kiosk was though.

Last year when we went they were on the Marketplace side, in a kiosk. I don't remember exactly where the kiosk was though.

I am pretty sure it was just after Captain Jack's a little ways (if you are walking toward Legoland)...we stopped there after we got off the boat from POFQ.

The girl who was working the stand recognized my ring as being one of theirs...it was, DH got it for me for our 28th anniversary in 2002 at the stand in AK. I was amazed she knew that...I was just pointing out a setting to my mom and she noticed it on my hand, and said, "Oh, you are wearing one of OURS!" I thought it was kind of funny because when we got the ring the girl made sure we knew the setting was exclusive to them! I guess it is :)

What is an approximate cost of getting a ring made with the pearl in a 10 or 14K gold setting?

What is an approximate cost of getting a ring made with the pearl in a 10 or 14K gold setting?

I actually just had to comment on one of your tags... about the 3 sec rule not counting if the chocolate falls in the toilet. LOL :rotfl2: :lmao:

I have a 2 1/2 yr old DS... oh the fun I know I'm in for!

Had a busy day... this board is always good to put a smile on my face.

It's a stand alone kiosk in Marketplace.

Here are my new treasures :) Picked pearls in Japan and had set in DTD.
augustdisney2120.jpg

augustdisney2119.jpg

augustdisney2118.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter