Photopass Discount?

sallysue66

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if there are any Photopass discounts now? I think I remember something about a DVC offer for $99 to pre-order the CD.

I thought there was another DVC coupon that we could use to get the price down even lower than $99. Anyone know where to find information about that?

The DVC Coupon Code Discount has been discontinued.
It ended when they re-opened the pre-order deal.
Some of us where lucky enough to get it right before the pre-order started again.

The DVC Coupon Code Discount has been discontinued.
It ended when they re-opened the pre-order deal.
Some of us where lucky enough to get it right before the pre-order started again.

Do you know if this is a discount they offer regularly? How much cheaper is it than the pre-order?

Do you know if this is a discount they offer regularly? How much cheaper is it than the pre-order?

The member discount began after the prior pre-visit offer was restricted to CRO guests only. CRO guests automatically received an e-mail before their vist with information on ordering the PhotoCD at a discount. I believe that e-mail contained a code that was needed to get the discount.

The discontinued member discount was $50 for a final price of $99.95. The pre-visit offer price is $99.95.

As stated above, the DVC offer was the same as this offer - it was never offered until a few months ago and it was only for a short time until they reinstated the general public discount of the same amount. Some lucky people though just happened to already have their DVC discount code when the pre-order offer was re-opened and they were able to "double-dip". But DVC stopped giving out the codes within a few days or a week.

$50 off is the best I have seen on the PP CD.

I think a few people might have also had a 20% off coupon that they used with the pre-order discount too - but that 20% off is also over.

I called for our DVC promotional code 40 days before our May 11 trip. They send you an e-mail with the code that you can use to get your $50 off after you get home and upload all your PhotoPass pictures on line on the PhotoPass site. I just finished uploading all our pictures and added all our borders and I'm ready to send for our CD now. I did the same thing for our December 2009 trip and everything worked out great. As far as I can tell, from our last two trip, you have to call DVC and ask for the code. They don't automatically send it to you.

I called for our DVC promotional code 40 days before our May 11 trip. They send you an e-mail with the code that you can use to get your $50 off after you get home and upload all your PhotoPass pictures on line on the PhotoPass site. I just finished uploading all our pictures and added all our borders and I'm ready to send for our CD now. I did the same thing for our December 2009 trip and everything worked out great. As far as I can tell, from our last two trip, you have to call DVC and ask for the code. They don't automatically send it to you.

MS will no longer e-mail a discount code for the PhotoCD. Going forward you will need to use the link in post #2.

MS will no longer e-mail a discount code for the PhotoCD. Going forward you will need to use the link in post #2.

Thank you for the info. Boy things really change quick, don't they. I will need to know this for our November trip.

Wow! My timing was good. I called MS in early May and they sent me the $50 coupon code. Since it didn't say anything about pre-ordering, I planned to order it when we returned. However, being the obsessive planner that I am, I ended up going to the preorder website (the $99 special) and tried sucessfully the $50 off coupon code. Voila! I got the CD for $50. Sounds like they closed that loophole.

I must say, that I am glad I only paid the $50. Photopass photographers numbered about half as compared to our last trip. A bit of a disappointment. I would have been pretty dissatisfied had I paid $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter