Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

i-zrdGk3X-X2.jpg

If anyone is interested in the Sony A6500, brand new, full warranty, for $1249 with shipping and tax included, contact me.

I'd be tempted but I've read the touch screen is poor. I don't need the super-deep buffer. So not sure if it's worth upgrading from the A6300, especially since it's not even my main camera.

How'd you get a hold of one if you were only tempted by it...or is it someone you know with one to sell? I am also tempted - but honestly the only upgrades that would truly be of high value would be the stabilization - the huge buffer is nice, but I've rarely ever hit the buffer on my A6300 as it is...I hate touch screens and have no use for one, so that has no bearing either. And it doesn't look to have had any notable or significant improvements to the already excellent focus tracking of the A6300. I may end up with one someday, but for now the A6300 still satisfies.

Some A6300 and 18-55mm kit lens fun - handheld in-camera HDR snaps from around Magic Kingdom on a stupidly hot December day:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Winter? What's that?

I have the 18-55. Decent kit lens and great for walking around WDW in the daytime.

Regarding your shots; seems like a lot of shadow for HDR.

Purposefully that way - I'm not real big on the super-mapped HDR look - I still like to retain some deep shadows - so I usually significantly underexpose the first exposure and let the HDR add it back in around +4 - it gives a bit of HDR glow, controls the highlights, but doesn't brighten the shadows so much that the contrast goes away, and lets me avoid tone-mapping to put it back in.

It's been a very...very long time lol Been working on some portraits using flash and gels along with my trusty A6000. I used the 50mm 1.8 for these (last shot is with the Sigma 30mm) and Yongnuo 560 IIIs. Small shadow adjustments in LR.

Fairys in a Jar (7 of 11) by raddie99, on Flickr

Fairys in a Jar (6 of 11) by raddie99, on Flickr

Fairys in a Jar (5 of 11) by raddie99, on Flickr

Fairys in a Jar (4 of 11) by raddie99, on Flickr

Fairys in a Jar (3 of 11) by raddie99, on Flickr

Fairys in a Jar (1 of 11) by raddie99, on Flickr

Fairys in a Jar (8 of 11) by raddie99, on Flickr

@fractal you have the 10-18mm Sony right? Do you use it often or do you find yourself leaving it behind since it's so wide?

I've been considering this lens to replace my kit as a walk around at the parks; supplement with the Sigma 30mm and the Sony 55-210mm and keep the bag to 3 lenses (might replace the 30mm with the Sony 50mm if in a portrait mood). The 10-18 is a 15-27 with the crop factor isn't it? Seems perfect for street photography shots.

I'm curious how much use folks are currently getting out of it

Thanks

@fractal you have the 10-18mm Sony right? Do you use it often or do you find yourself leaving it behind since it's so wide?

I've been considering this lens to replace my kit as a walk around at the parks; supplement with the Sigma 30mm and the Sony 55-210mm and keep the bag to 3 lenses (might replace the 30mm with the Sony 50mm if in a portrait mood). The 10-18 is a 15-27 with the crop factor isn't it? Seems perfect for street photography shots.

I'm curious how much use folks are currently getting out of it

Thanks

I use the 10-18 on the A6300, it is my favorite travel lens for the A6300, but you have to like wide angle photography.

Some Disney and Universal examples:

Leaving Hogsmeade by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Man and a Mouse by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Illuminations Firewords from behind the shrubs by Adam Brown, on Flickr

China Pavilion, Epcot by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Gate to China Pavilion, Epcot by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Disney Fantasy docked at Castaway Cay by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Disney Fantasy Atrium by Adam Brown, on Flickr

I use the 10-18 on the A6300, it is my favorite travel lens for the A6300, but you have to like wide angle photography.

Some Disney and Universal examples:

Leaving Hogsmeade by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Man and a Mouse by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Illuminations Firewords from behind the shrubs by Adam Brown, on Flickr

China Pavilion, Epcot by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Gate to China Pavilion, Epcot by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Disney Fantasy docked at Castaway Cay by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Disney Fantasy Atrium by Adam Brown, on Flickr

Sick!!! That first shot at Wizarding World looks like there are wizards apparating around, very nice brother. Those shots kind confirm what I was thinking that wider shots capture a lot more of the atmosphere at the parks or whatever environment you're in. Would take some practice though. Thanks Havoc.

Sick!!! That first shot at Wizarding World looks like there are wizards apparating around, very nice brother. Those shots kind confirm what I was thinking that wider shots capture a lot more of the atmosphere at the parks or whatever environment you're in. Would take some practice though. Thanks Havoc.

Ultra-wide definitely takes practice. When not used correctly, they just make everything look small and distant.
But I love pairing the A6300 + 10-18 + gorillapod.... sticking in on the ground, especially at night for a long exposure. It creates an amazing perspective, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter