Petition against SB on Main Street, USA!

Yes I've seen those - still none at
MK though.

Not likely I'd head out to TTC any more then back to a hotel. I've never tried one of those either though...

Why is everyone so opposed to SB?

Just curious.

Disney wants everything to have a theme and fit in. There is no way they're going to stick a huge Starbucks sign on Main Street. It will never happen. The Disney person who wrote that blog said in a response that they will still have items available from the Bakery, so its sounds like they are just ADDING to it. I don't get what the huge outcry is about. Disney spends a lot of money on marketing experts. They know what they are doing.

:thumbsup2 Absolutely! Very well said!

Suellen said:
MK though.

Not likely I'd head out to TTC any more then back to a hotel. I've never tried one of those either though...

Just curious.

Me? The process is very automated. The barista has limited control over the shot, the beans are over roasted. I like shops that serve more authentic Italian espresso drinks.

Bring me the petition and I will sign it. You can find me by hopping in a time machine and going back to October 1, 1971. I'll be standing under this sign:

msbkry3.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Between this and the Town Square sign having Kodak written on it, surely it won't be long before Disney becomes a complete corporate machine....... What's next? They're going to make us PAY for entry into Magic Kingdom......oh wait............;)

MK though.

Just curious.
~Because this burnt coffee is everywhere! There is nothing unique or special about the place and apparently there is no escaping it, imo. Starbucks has become so saturated where I live, it borders on tacky. They're in my grocery store, retailers, mall, every other street corner & now Main Street. So, sure my opinion can be considered somewhat jaded and I admit that it may not be fair. I've never walked past a Starbucks and said "Mmmm, that smells so good." Not. Ever. And, I don't hate Starbucks, I LOVE their hot chocolates, teas, & lemon pound cake, and my kids LOVE their brownies. :goodvibes

~As far as the whole corporate sponsorship thing, that's not my argument and I'm not sure who's it is or where it even came from, so no comment there. We all know the majority of Disney's attractions are sponsored, it's not rocket science or some ground breaking discovery, lol. Based on how the article was written, I perceive it as a replacement NOT a "sponsorship." So, I'll just have to wait and see. :goodvibes

~Again, from a business perspective, kicking out the bakery and replacing it with a Starbucks is a brilliant move! Disney will make a boatload of cash while simultaneously reducing overhead and minimizing liability. And, you know the place will stay packed! I can go North, South, East, or West and every single Starbucks is packed "24/7" -- even at 3/4 AM, it's a party, lol.

~So, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, it won't affect or alter my vacation, as I've never frequented the bakery. We are always headed straight for FastPasses in the morning, and by the time we get back around to Main Street, the bakery was always too packed. But, I still am very sad to see this iconic place succumb to such a common one, & there is nothing wrong that. I'm sure it's a huge hit for many other people, and I'm excited for those who want it. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter