Pete's Solo Shows and the $10 tier

They used to have a DISBoards app (for the forum) but Pete didn't like how it functioned and one main reason they moved to the new forum system was because of how well it worked on mobile devices, thus eliminating the need for a separate app. Did they used to have one for the shows as well?

I assume that app was Tapatalk or something similar. You don't need to put the forums on an app, just all the articles, videos, alerts etc. The forums should always stay the Forums. Xenforo is a great platform for both desktop and mobile. But you could have a hook into the forums to the app to display the "hot threads" of the moment that once you click them opens up a web browser on your phone.

You can also pool all the social media platforms there too and gain more exposure. The DIS team has done a wonderful job of creating multiple platforms and content from podcast shows, to live shows, to video content, to written content. It just needs to be in one spot to get to the next level (I think).

the brand is very thinned out. Multiple podcast feeds, multiple youtube channels etc.
  • Also, the same thing could be said about the different brands like Disboards and WDWINFO.

I agree with everything you said but specifically left the above bolded portions of your quote because those resonated with me.

This is all IMHO, of course...

It seems in many ways the DIS competes with itself for my attention. For example, many of the vloggers I watch have one feed. They don't have a separate feed for Disney parks, one for Universal, one for misc travel, one for a restaurant review, etc, etc. It's all on a single page and I choose what I want to watch based on the title of the video. And I regularly see those new videos on my YouTube recommendations. However, I may go weeks/months without realizing there's a new X video from the DIS-brand because it competes against another of their shows and just doesn't show up in my recommendations on YouTube (especially if it's a new series and I haven't sub'd to it).

And, honestly, at times I've forgotten that WDWINFO and the DISboards are owned by the same person. In some instances I could see owning different products but distinctly separated (like a person who franchises both a McDonald's and a Panda Express, if possible) but in this case where the two are so closely tied together, it just is more confusing and I often only ever seek to visit the boards and leave any other topics of interest up to Google's search engine. If Google leads me to WDWInfo, it's that moment that I think "oh yea, this is the same folks who run the DIS stuff".

I assume that app was Tapatalk or something similar. You don't need to put the forums on an app, just all the articles, videos, alerts etc. The forums should always stay the Forums. Xenforo is a great platform for both desktop and mobile. But you could have a hook into the forums to the app to display the "hot threads" of the moment that once you click them opens up a web browser on your phone.

You can also pool all the social media platforms there too and gain more exposure. The DIS team has done a wonderful job of creating multiple platforms and content from podcast shows, to live shows, to video content, to written content. It just needs to be in one spot to get to the next level (I think).

IIRC, the app wasn't embedded in another app like Tapatalk. They had their own DISboards app. I used it for a while until they decided to ditch it and stick to the web interface. I don't know what platform it was built on, though. There's some discussion about it here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-disboards-app.3626520/

They used to have a DISBoards app (for the forum) but Pete didn't like how it functioned and one main reason they moved to the new forum system was because of how well it worked on mobile devices, thus eliminating the need for a separate app. Did they used to have one for the shows as well?
Stay tuned for even more forum updates to improve functionality.

And, honestly, at times I've forgotten that WDWINFO and the DISboards are owned by the same person. In some instances I could see owning different products but distinctly separated (like a person who franchises both a McDonald's and a Panda Express, if possible) but in this case where the two are so closely tied together, it just is more confusing and I often only ever seek to visit the boards and leave any other topics of interest up to Google's search engine. If Google leads me to WDWInfo, it's that moment that I think "oh yea, this is the same folks who run the DIS stuff".
This I don’t quite understand. The forums since the change to xenforo a while ago now have been well integrated into the wdwinfo/disneyinfo site. On the forum main page the sidebar bar lists the latest news stories from wdwinfo. On the top the menu bars that say WDW, DL, DCL, etc. all lead directly to wdwinfo.

This I don’t quite understand. The forums since the change to xenforo a while ago now have been well integrated into the wdwinfo/disneyinfo site. On the forum main page the sidebar bar lists the latest news stories from wdwinfo. On the top the menu bars that say WDW, DL, DCL, etc. all lead directly to wdwinfo.

It's absolutely better than it used to be. And maybe my opinion is still somewhat tied to how it used to be. But there's a disconnect between the two (again, for me) that can be boiled down to the fact there are still the two separate sites. And for that, I don't know how it could be (easily) reconciled.

Last edited:
It's absolutely better than it used to be. And maybe my opinion is still somewhat tied to how it used to be. But there's a disconnect between the two (again, for me) that can be boiled down to the fact there are still the two separate sites. And for that, I don't know how it could be (easily) reconciled.
I suppose. I feel they are pretty well integrated as it is. I guess most other sites don’t give their forums a separate name but most other sites are integrated the same or similarly.

It's pretty clear. one is WDWinfo.com and one is Disboards.com. It's two separate brands. Even the newsletter is Dis Updates and News that's link to WDWinfo.com

would you stop listening to the podcast (assuming you always listen that way) if there were other shows in that feed?
If all of the shows were in one feed, I would probably listen a lot less because I wouldn't want to sort through it all to find the ones I want. I almost exclusively listen in the car so if I start up the Dreams Unlimited show when I'm getting ready to pull away, I don't want that to end and have the Universal show (which I don't listen to) play next, for example. There needs to be some sort of division so that you can easily find and play the ones you want.

It's pretty clear. one is WDWinfo.com and one is Disboards.com. It's two separate brands. Even the newsletter is Dis Updates and News that's link to WDWinfo.com
Disboards is the forum section of wdwinfo. I never saw that as an issue. Personally, I pretty much only visit the forums, not the rest of the site, so maybe that's why it never bothered me.

The two sites are integrated and I gave specifics as to how above. Yes they are two different urls but you can easily go between them. DIS is the overall brand than encompasses everything.

Disboards is the forum section of wdwinfo. I never saw that as an issue. Personally, I pretty much only visit the forums, not the rest of the site, so maybe that's why it never bothered me.
Yep that’s how I see it as well and I use both parts daily.

If all of the shows were in one feed, I would probably listen a lot less because I wouldn't want to sort through it all to find the ones I want. I almost exclusively listen in the car so if I start up the Dreams Unlimited show when I'm getting ready to pull away, I don't want that to end and have the Universal show (which I don't listen to) play next, for example. There needs to be some sort of division so that you can easily find and play the ones you want.

I see that point, I download a bunch of pods and make a quick playlist if I'm in the car. I drive a lot so I've got my methods down.

The two sites are integrated and I gave specifics as to how above. Yes they are two different urls but you can easily go between them. DIS is the overall brand than encompasses everything.

What do you do for a living?

You and everyone else in this thread is not the audience I'm talking about. This is about brand building.

What do you do for a living?

You and everyone else in this thread is not the audience I'm talking about. This is about brand building.
What does it matter what I do?

Also Dreams is a top 3 Disney travel agency.

The Dis is one of the earliest and largest Disney fan sites/communities on the internet. Yes there certainly is room for growth but it’s not like they are doing something wrong or hurting for business.

I think the integration of wdwinfo and disboards is fine as it is. They are integrated but not the same thing. The boards will be getting more updates soon enough.

You do bring up some valid points but I also think there have been changes already made and continuing to be made for the better.

I also want to add wdwinfo has changed more to disneyinfo. Earlier this year Pete and the team started branding it more as disneyinfo to focus on all parts of Disney vs. just WDW like wdwinfo did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter