Peter Pan DVD - Missing Scene ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT Hambone

<font color=green>Check out this Mug!<br><font col
Last night I was watching the latest Peter Pan DVD with my boys, and I think there is a scene missing.

The scene is where Peter Pan's tree gets blown up by Hook's present. After the explosion, Peter goes looking for Tinkerbell. Just as he finds her, the movie cuts to the Hook's ship and Wendy walking the plank.

Wasn't there originally a scene where Peter finds Tinkerbell dead and has the audience do something (I think it was clapping) to bring her back to life? I seem to remember one, and so does my wife.

If this is a cut scene, why did Disney cut it out? And are there other missing scenes?

And has Disney sanitized any other movies?

Please help me - I'm going crazy!

Craftymouse is correct. I watched the Peter Pan DVD last weekend while listening to the audio commentary. One of the films creators commented that the "clap hands for Tinker Bell" didn't work in theaters because if people didn't clap it would appear bogus. They went so far as to say thats some kids wouldn't clap just to see if Tink would die :earseek:

Last night I was watching the latest Peter Pan DVD with my boys, and I think there is a scene missing.

The scene is where Peter Pan's tree gets blown up by Hook's present. After the explosion, Peter goes looking for Tinkerbell. Just as he finds her, the movie cuts to the Hook's ship and Wendy walking the plank.

Wasn't there originally a scene where Peter finds Tinkerbell dead and has the audience do something (I think it was clapping) to bring her back to life? I seem to remember one, and so does my wife.

If this is a cut scene, why did Disney cut it out? And are there other missing scenes?

And has Disney sanitized any other movies?

Please help me - I'm going crazy!

I’m a little late to this board (lol) But, you’re not crazy. They did for sure play the version, where you have to help and clap for Tinkerbell. It was during the late 80’s when they would play Peter Pan on TV, around the holidays (wizard of oz was played around the same time too). I remember sitting there thinking no, I’m not doing what they say and clapping for her. But anyway they did without a doubt play that version on tv back in the day. I always wondered why it wasn’t on the video when we watched it.

I’m sure the What Made the Red Man Red sequence will be cut someday, as the Jim Crow sequence from Dumbo and the Siamese Cat Song from Lady and the Tramp ( live action ) are cut from their Disney+ presentations.

The original post is more than 15 years old..what makes a brand new poster join, just to reply to it? --Around here these are called zombie threads! Anyhow..welcome to the DIS Lilturtle#1

This sounds like one of those collective false memory "Mandela Effect" situations. There was never a clap if you believe in fairies scene in Disney's animated version of Peter Pan. It is an iconic scene in the original play, but was not included in Disney's version for the reasons Micca mentioned above (back in 2004, LOL).

Craftymouse is correct. I watched the Peter Pan DVD last weekend while listening to the audio commentary. One of the films creators commented that the "clap hands for Tinker Bell" didn't work in theaters because if people didn't clap it would appear bogus. They went so far as to say thats some kids wouldn't clap just to see if Tink would die :earseek:
So they seem to know me quite well... :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I’m a little late to this board (lol) But, you’re not crazy. They did for sure play the version, where you have to help and clap for Tinkerbell. It was during the late 80’s when they would play Peter Pan on TV, around the holidays (wizard of oz was played around the same time too). I remember sitting there thinking no, I’m not doing what they say and clapping for her. But anyway they did without a doubt play that version on tv back in the day. I always wondered why it wasn’t on the video when we watched it.
You are probably remembering the televised Broadway version starring Mary Martin.

The original post is more than 15 years old..what makes a brand new poster join, just to reply to it? --Around here these are called zombie threads! Anyhow..welcome to the DIS Lilturtle#1
Because, I was searching for the deleted scene in hopes to show my kids and this post came up during my search. I was just excited to find out someone else remembers it, even though it had been 15years since they posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!