Pete Werner, we're not as rich as you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't deny that I have occasionally listened to the show and thought, "Am I not the target audience for this?" when they were talking about things like suites and concierge rooms ("only" $200/night extra) and many-thousand-dollar ABD trips and costly hard-ticketed events and such, but never did I think they should stop talking about those things. It's their show! They can talk about whatever they darn well please whether it's $500/night hotel rooms or $150 after hours events or Louis Vuitton bags or Oculus Rift VR gaming systems or whatever.

And you know what? I'll listen to every minute of it because I enjoy hearing their perspective and I even enjoy learning about things that I will likely never personally purchase or enjoy because our income (and financial priorities) doesn't allow for it. I think we live a very comfortable life. I'm grateful for what we have and what we get to do. Heck, we leave in 8 days for our 3rd Disney World trip in 9 months during which we will attend the Mega Meet and get to hang out with Pete and the rest of the team. And we'll join them again in December for the Podcast cruise. I'm sure that's a pipe dream for lots of others around here but I would never expect anyone to tell me I shouldn't talk about it just because others can't share in those experiences.

Before the boards changed to the new system, the Tag Fairy had bestowed upon me, "You have to live your life and not go around worrying about what other people think." I think that's good advice here.

I'm sure that's a pipe dream for lots of others around here
Like this guy :(
But I'd NEVER begrudge you for that!

My sister is doing 16 night in Mexico and the USA in November.
I'm doing 16 nights in NYC and Orlando in August.
My trip is literally costing 3.4 times the amount of hers (if I actualize hers for 2 people)
Steve, you stay off site, eat QS and offsite, so your 3 trips probably cost the same as my 7 nights!

Horses for courses people.
Green isn't a nice colour, remember the wicked witch?

The show covers resort rooms and experiences for every budget. Look back at past episodes, and you'll see that.

I'm not exactly sure what the point of this thread is to be honest. What I do know, however, is that it will die if we do not respond. Feel free to reply, folks, or participate in another thread.

The show covers resort rooms and experiences for every budget. Look back at past episodes, and you'll see that.
Absolutely! They talk about concierge and suites, they talk about deluxes, they talk about moderates, they talk about values. They talk about everything! There's something for everyone. That's what we all love about the show.

If you want to count the entire both coasts Teams (and all the behind the scenes folks) as "rich" in admiration, love, respect, and kudos from me for all they are, and all they do - for me - for free - then yes, honey, they are all zillionaire ballers!!

Everyone has the right to their own opinion................I guess.............and here's mine..............this is the dumbest thread I've ever read on this board. Peter Werner is a really nice man who is also a very generous man, look at all he does for GKTW..............if your jealous get over it...........or stop listening. Just my opinion :)

Doug :goofy:

Eh, it doesn't bother me. Most people are richer than me, anyway. So everyone is flaunting their money in my face, essentially.

tumblr_n5ygok2zYm1rqd0kpo1_400.gif

Ok, this is embarrassing- I had no idea you were video taping me

I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread, because I thought "Ohhhh my God I cannot WAIT to hear Pete's rant about this next week!"

Pete - PLEASE do a rant about this! Preferably while wearing a Burberry shirt, LOTS of bling (do you have any pinkie rings?) and with all of your phones/tablets/laptops surrounding you....

I have no problem how he spends his money ,he can't take it with him he should enjoy it .I had more of problem that he didn't know who Cal Ripken was a little condescending towards him. He does a lot of great things for the city of Baltimore with underprivileged children

OP did your mother tell you that you're a special snowflake? Quit acting like a jealous preschooler. Just because someone has more than you doesn't mean you deserve any of it.
I cut out everything "extra" so I can get a pass and you don't see me whining like an old female dog every time someone on here books a trip to the Grand Floridian. If anything it keeps me as a newbie/hopeful entrepreneur working hard so I can hopefully someday do the same. If I never get there oh well.

Last edited:
Yes. You are the only one.
I agree. Pete and the DIS team work VERY hard for what they have, and they give back in very big ways. It's much more noticeable that they give, either to GKTW or to make special experiences happen for their families. We all choose to spend our money in different ways, and the DIS team uses their money to spread happiness.

Honestly I am well aware how different Pete and I live. He has a thriving business and no children. I stay at home and have 3 children. Huge economical difference. He does things I dream about doing. It is nice to see someone enjoy them and know they are something I can eventually save for. One thing that makes me extremely happy is how generous of a person he is. He will randomly talk about something he has done or purchased for a friend or family member. It is never gloating, just a passing comment. He takes what he has and is making the world a better place. He is donating and helping get donations for a fantastic organization. That makes me respect him more than I already do. :love:

Yep, what this poster said.

"Hi everyone, Clete Turner here. Coming up on the show today, we discuss how much plasma you have to donate in order to be able to afford a souvenir pen at the World of Disney. We'll also tell you how you can survive an entire day in Epcot eating nothing but a sleeve of saltines and a bottle of A-1 Sauce. Also, correspendents Gregg Wilson and Rory Marcum drink(ice water) around the World. Coming to you live from the frozen food aisle at Sam's Club(where we just made a meal out of the free samples), THIS is the DIS Unabletomakeendsmeet"

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

I laughed so hard when I read this. This is hilarious to me & it is so true in a sarcastic way. We should applaud people when they have found success in this country and can share their experiences. If they can't share what on earth can we aspire to?

I'm sure that the prices of some of the things the Dis podcasts cover would give me a heart attack (Concierge suites, Aulani trips, some of the ABD trips) but all the same, I LOVE hearing coverage of everything! It's kind of fun to travel along with the Dis crew to these different places and daydream about maybe getting to check these places out one day. I don't see it as flaunting, and I would think reviewing all of the different experiences Disney has to offer is just part of being in the industry anyhow?? And Pete and his crew have worked incredibly hard to build their business and deserve every bit of their success!

I love seeing everyone here sharing how much we enjoy hearing Pete's perspective on the high-end experiences that Disney offers.
There are a lot of things that the team discusses that I can never experience (for various reasons), but I truly enjoy hearing them talk about the things they love, and I really appreciate them trying to experience as much of what Disney has to offer as they can, no matter the cost.

Thanks for all you do, podcast team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter