Pete Werner, we're not as rich as you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost let me start out by saying I love Pete and don't think it's intentional

But enough already with all the flaunting of the money

Concierge at poly on 4th July , buying a pc just for a gaming system , 3 cell phones, iPads with the pencil , suite at Disneyland hotel, and yes don't think I don't notice those $200 Burberry shirts

I mean come on. Please realize that much of your audience lacks these resources and quite frankly it hurts

Am I the only one feeling this was

It's been a while since my last rant

I personally don't feel like he flaunts it, or needs to change how he presents himself. There are many people with more money than me, or that choose to spend their money differently than I do. I don't think they should need to act differently, or dress differently, in order to avoid making someone feel bad about not being able to afford the same lifestyle.

I'm sure for some just talking about going to Disney every year seems like an excessive expense. Should I avoid talking about anything that might make someone feel bad?

You are of course welcome to have any opinion, and to express that opinion. But, I don't think Pete, Kevin, or John should act differently. I don't think they are flaunting their "Well deserved wealth".

Pete worked hard to build his business and is entitled to spend his money however he wants, if he wears $200 shirts it is not any of our business.And I like that he stays in concierge rooms as his reviews of these help me determine where I will stay.
Maybe if you focus on what you have, rather than on what others have and you do not you would be a happier person. Better yet, focus on helping those who are less fortunate than you and donate to GKTW.

Pete is a man that took his passion for Disney and built a successful business/brand out of it. If he wants to enjoy the benefits of his success and hard work, then so be it. Good for him.

If someone is jealous or has an issue with it, it is more of a reflection of that person's insecurities...not Pete's.

I try to not focus on what other people spend money on as there will always be someone with more money that you and people prioritize what they spend their money on differently

If what Pete wears or talks about upsets you there is this cool feature on the internet called "don't watch it!"

Honestly I am well aware how different Pete and I live. He has a thriving business and no children. I stay at home and have 3 children. Huge economical difference. He does things I dream about doing. It is nice to see someone enjoy them and know they are something I can eventually save for. One thing that makes me extremely happy is how generous of a person he is. He will randomly talk about something he has done or purchased for a friend or family member. It is never gloating, just a passing comment. He takes what he has and is making the world a better place. He is donating and helping get donations for a fantastic organization. That makes me respect him more than I already do. :love:

Honestly I am well aware how different Pete and I live. He has a thriving business and no children. I stay at home and have 3 children. Huge economical difference. He does things I dream about doing. It is nice to see someone enjoy them and know they are something I can eventually save for. One thing that makes me extremely happy is how generous of a person he is. He will randomly talk about something he has done or purchased for a friend or family member. It is never gloating, just a passing comment. He takes what he has and is making the world a better place. He is donating and helping get donations for a fantastic organization. That makes me respect him more than I already do. :love:

So much this.
There's no problem with having money. Pete built a successful business, and he is totally entitled to reap the rewards of that business. And Pete does things that plenty of people with a lot of money don't do - he uses his money to help others and uses his platform to help others. I wish more people did that.
You can't blame someone because they have something that you don't. That's just the way the world works. Not everyone has disposable income. Not everyone has a spouse and/or kids. Not everyone has a nice car. People have some things and not others. It's just life.

This thread topic seems rather rude and insulting to our host.

I have no idea what a blueberry shirt is or why it bothers the OP that Pete has one along with his techy stuff. Someone sounds jealous..

I find successful entrepreneurs to be inspiring and enjoy hearing about the podcasters disney experiences. Even more inspiring is watching those successful in business share so much with their community and charities.

Keep up the great work Pete and crew!
Thank you for all you do!!

I enjoying hearing all about those kinds of things. If it hurts, that is on you, not anyone else.

I'm not even sure why anyone would start a thread like this and I'm really not sure why you continue to watch the show as so much of it seems to bother you. Maybe it is time to find another podcast that wouldn't get you so upset.

I personally want the opinions of someone actually staying at these places and traveling.. he makes his living doing this and the money he makes without asking us for a dime is paying for the ability to be an expert on the subject and why we are here looking for news, advice and information.

If you want a someone in their bedroom telling you what they think with no money to have first hand knowledge, this might not be the right forum or podcasts for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter