Peru: trip report 7/16

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by DCPhotoGal, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:12 PM.

1. acndis

acndis Mouseketeer

We had a 5-year-old and a four year old. My son was 9 at the time. Both the little ones were rockstars! The four year old even did the hike to moon gate. He made it no problem. I thought that under 7 could not do the rafting but both little guys went on the rafting, too.

Cousin Orville likes this.
  2. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Great report and fabulous pictures. Peru is climbing up my list as well. May be a 2019 destination for us...

3. AquamarineSteph

AquamarineSteph DIS Veteran

Gorgeous photos and great trip report!

4. RebelHawk

RebelHawk 42

Another point of advise that I like to throw out there. Since my wife and I are not professional photographers but do like some of the options and lens options from high end cameras. Those cameras and especially the lens can get REALLY expensive to buy. We have been using borrowlens.com to rent different bodies and lens for the last couple of years. This has allowed us to try all sorts of cameras and specific lens for different trips we have taken that might need that zoom or wide angle lens. There are other sites out there that rent cameras but we have had awesome success with Borrow Lens.

5. DCPhotoGal

DCPhotoGal Photographer and Mom to 2 Princesses

Yes! When we went to South Africa (not through ABD) I rented a lens from lensprotogo for the trip, so I wouldn't have a buy a mega-zoom just for that trip. And I've heard great things about borrowlens (interestingly they are owned by shutterfly). The new fuji X-T20 body that I mentioned is a compact mirrorless, and actually very reasonably priced to buy (under $900), but renting the zoom lens for it (I used the 100-400mm) might be a good idea. When using the online rental places you have a plan a little in advance to reserve it and have time to have it shipped. I ended up buying my Fuji 100-400mm lens locally rather than renting because I just ran out of time before my most recent trip. But now at least I will have it for my next couple of trips :)