Personal Pantry| swan & dolphin | utilizing service from another hotel

Earning My Ears
~First time poster | i did a search for a similar topic but could not find it so here we go! ~

The swan and dolphin offer a personal pantry service with fairly reasonable prices for snacks and beers.

Unfortunately , im staying at asm.

Does anyone know if I could turn up and order the service even though i'm staying at another resort?

I'm gonna guess the answer is no. To me, that would be the equivalent of ordering room service from a hotel you're not staying at, and asking to pick it up in the lobby, "to go".

From the Swan/Dolphin website:
Simply contact Room Service when you are ready to place your order. Menus are available in your guest room so you can order at your convenience. Our staff will deliver your items to your room and stock them for you promptly or at any pre-designated time​

What items were you hoping to order? May be we can tell you a way to get the items you want/need. Plus how were you planning to get there from your resort?

I was going to see if i could chance my arm - the prices for beer/snack are not that bad. I dont want the added expense of a fridge so I'm guessing the hess petrol stations are my best bet.

(i can drive , but dont want to and I guess walmarts would be a pain to get to by public transport / can't justify taxi costs)

Thanks, what do you think?

OP, you did not mention if you live in the US. Since you said "Hess petrol," I'm guessing you might not! *LOL*

If so, you might want to consider shipping a styrofoam cooler with some light weight, non-perishable snacks ahead to your resort. Include some one-gallon ZipLock bags to hold the ice (available on each floor at your resort) so it's easier to change than dumping everything out of the cooler, as well some other ZipLock bags to hold goodies so they don't get mushy from the condensation. Keep the box under 10 lbs and it shouldn't be too expensive--I ship one from Arizona each time we visit WDW and stay at Pop Century.

Otherwise, check out the costs at gardengrocer.com and wegoshop.com. They deliver to the WDW resorts and you can order the styrofoam coolers from them, as well. More expensive than WalMart, but not much more so than Publix (had to pay $5 for a cooler at Publix that was $1.50 at WalMart once). The one at Publix was of slightly better quality than the one at WalMart, but not much! :rolleyes:

we usually just stop at hess if we want water and soda. fast and easy and prices aren't bad. Best part is I don't buy stuff that i don't need!! :cool1:

...Swan and Dolphin are not Disney resorts, but Starwood owned properties (Westin/Sheraton).

It is easy to walk out the back of the Boardwalk Inn - thru the parking lot and across the street to the Hess station...

but, its even better to call wegoshop

http://www.wegoshop.com/

zip code? I googled and found 32830 Someone may know better -

I like wegoshop - I filled out the form, with my dates, and which resort - then I went online and looked at the grocery store ad Publix
http://weeklyad.publix.com/publix/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

and came up with a grocery list from that! Beer and Wine too

Now I will say dh wanted Sam Adam's - something different, not lite - they picked Noble Pils, and dh was in love!

I'd be surprised if the personal pantry prices were much (any?)lower then purchasing the items at ASM. Hess mini-mart is likely to have the better prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter