Perennial-Sedum

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Sedum-These are plants that grow well in thin soil. There fleshy leaves, show their relationship to the large family of succulent plants and are proof that you can grow things where water is lacking.

There are dwarf varieties that fill up the spaces in rock gardens. There are also medium and tall varieties that look best in clumps.

Some like sun, some semi-shade. They range in heights of 6-20 inches. Sedums like ordinary, well drained soil.

They have a leathery foliage. All have some kind of flower.

Sedum

I have some sedum, small yellow flowers, that is from a plant my mother had 45 years ago. She moved a piece of the sedum to every new house and now has given pieces to all the kids. It's kind of special.

I have sedum Autum Joy in my butterfly beds and they have been spilt twice and just keeping coming on strong! They look like little cabbages when they start coming up in the spring and by mid summer they are blooming pink flowers that turn crimson in fall. Then I have two other kinds that are the ground cover kind one with yellow flowers and one with red.

Good heavens, I had no idea they had a society! I learn something new everyday! Thanks Mamu

I've never heard of this plant -- loved the website info!

Wanted to say thanks for all of your posts -- I'm learing so much! :bounce:

We have some Capablanca Sedum (just a wee little thing,4" tall), Powdery Stonecrop Sedum, also teeny, Purple Spoon Stonecrop Sedum, another dwarf, and the always reliable much larger Autumn Joy Sedum. They are very interesting plants!

Amid, I remember you telling us about the Sedum your mother gave you. That would be very special. :)

Thank you Mamu, these are great!! :) :)

Amid identified my sedum plant last year on the Garden Thread. I had no clue what it was. Mine have little yellow flowers which should be blooming shortly, but it doesn't quite look like the picture of the yellow sedum on the link Mamu provided.

My sedum propagates so readily. I now have them growing in the area under the stockade fence that divides the driveway from the garbage can area. Prior to moving them there, it always had weeds and ugly grass which needed to be trimmed sticking out. This is the first spring where it is very full and covering the entire stretch. I can't wait to see how it looks when the flowers bloom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter