Perennial-Delphinium

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Delphinium-These are tall perennial that silhouette the back of gardens. They are majestic flowers that come in many colors and grow in heights up to 70 inches. Delphinium can be a demanding plant to grow. They require soil that is very rich, they need sun. When starting from seed, these plants will not flower until the following year. Once established you can divide the plants in the spring. Slugs love delphinium, so you will need to put a bait out (saucer of beer) If left unattended the slugs will distroy these plants. It is also very important to cut the flower stocks when they are through flowering to avoid exhausting the plant.

There is also an annual variety called Larkspurs. They should be planted in the ground (they do not transplant well) early in the spring and thinned about a month later. They usually flower for 6 weeks in the summer.

Delphinium

Several years ago i bought 18 of these. i think i lost all but 2. They are pretty but tough to grow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter