Perennial-Coreopsis

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Coreopsis-Also called Tickseed. These are great plants very easy to grow. Different shades of yellow, some have a little red or maroon with the yellow. Coreopsis likes ordinary soil, some like soil rich in leaf mould. They grow in heights of 16-80 inches and like sun.

The coreopsis plant is covered with yellow daisy like flowers the whole summer long. The seeds of this plant are a favorite of birds in the fall. I read somewhere not to remove the dead foliage until spring. Along with my grasses this is one plant I do not cut back in the fall.

I have a thread leaf coreopsis that is drought resistant. It has a mass of small yellow flowers on top of a fern-like foliage that blooms the whole summer.

A Variety of Coreopsis

I planted a variety called "moonbeam" -- they are a perennial and seem to thrive in almost any conditions. My front yard/flowerbed faces due west, and the Oklahoma summer sun brutalizes just about everything I've planted there. Not these --they seemed to thrive on it -- just add water occassionally!

:Pinkbounc

Love these. But this is one of those plants that I have to dig up and toss some because it is so prolific.

I love Coreopsis! They are one of the first flowers I ever planted when I first started gardening. They soon became my one of my favorites. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter