People Mover opening 4/3/2021

Was hoping it would be open for our April trip. Now just hoping it will be open for our fall trip.

Disney has their own machine and electronics shops who can build anything they need. I doubt trying to find a part would be an issue.

True but did the beancounters leave anyone there to actually STAFF them, More likely they got their permanent walking papers and are now happily employed at SpaceX down Canaveral way at 4x what they were being paid by Disney. I've seen this trick over and over in Corp America, They fire all these people in that kind of shop because 'expensive' but they they need whatver that shop used to put out and then they discover the TRUE meaning of EXPENSIVE as whatever they need costs 10-200X the price of what it used to when they made it internally and find they could have employed those people for 20 years and still not made up the gap.

True but did the beancounters leave anyone there to actually STAFF them, More likely they got their permanent walking papers and are now happily employed at SpaceX down Canaveral way at 4x what they were being paid by Disney. I've seen this trick over and over in Corp America, They fire all these people in that kind of shop because 'expensive' but they they need whatver that shop used to put out and then they discover the TRUE meaning of EXPENSIVE as whatever they need costs 10-200X the price of what it used to when they made it internally and find they could have employed those people for 20 years and still not made up the gap.
But the new Disney execs don't care because all they care about are quarterly profits/share price. Cost reductions now? Great! That'll make the quarterly profits look better! Who cares if it costs them 10 times as much down the road? The Disney exec already got their bonus.

so all Disney employees now possess BS and Master degrees in engineering. being an aerospace engineer...this comment is a slap in the face.

heard there were openings at the local hospital...maybe they can go be doctors!!!

Last edited:
so all Disney employees now possess BS and Master degrees in engineering. being an aerospace engineer...this comment is a slap in the face.

heard there were openings at the local hospital...maybe they can go be doctors!!!

i was specifically speaking about the engineers who USED to staff the Disney electronics and machine shops, Corporate America likes to lay these guys off cuz ‘Expensive. Then when they need what their shop USED to produce they get a lesson in what expensive really means where the part costs several hundred times that at a job shop. At a tech company I know they needed prototype covers. They used to cost 5 bucks when company made thier own. At job shop they were quoted 2500 each with a 12 week lead time, executives went on hands and knees to beg former employees to return. dont know how it turned out. Btw they needed 5000 pcs.

But as i said lots of aerospace work now on spacecoast so they probably had new jobs by tine they got home that day.

Hoping this date holds! We are there in a few weeks and missed it the last two trips. Would be fun to ride again.

Anyone know if it actually reopened? I saw someone say it was pushed to Monday and I don’t see a wait time in the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter