People Mover opening 4/3/2021

Some notes:

1. Monorail is already open - not sure why the news would imply it isn't
2. Disney has not announced an increase to 50% capacity - not sure why the news would report that there will be an increase

Home now!

People Mover - not the Monorail and as far as both questions - I guess the news media knows the answer to why they are reporting that the People Mover would open by April 1st &

Disney would reach 50% capacity by Spring Break -

I am a little late...everyone more or less has answered. I was only posting what the news on TV in Orlando said.

We won't be back until November - it is what it is, it will be, what it will be. :)

Really hoping that PM will be open next month. I would love for the Epcot monorail to be open again too.
I don't think the Epcot monorail will open again until they can pack it nearly full. It probably doesn't make sense to run it when capacity is so much lower. They also might not want to give people a birds eye view of all of the construction at the front of Epcot.

I don't think the Epcot monorail will open again until they can pack it nearly full. It probably doesn't make sense to run it when capacity is so much lower. They also might not want to give people a birds eye view of all of the construction at the front of Epcot.
Never thought of the construction thing but I would have thought there would have been enough people to ride it. I haven't been there yet though so I don't really have a good idea on how it's been.

Never thought of the construction thing but I would have thought there would have been enough people to ride it. I haven't been there yet though so I don't really have a good idea on how it's been.
I don’t think the issue is whether people would ride it. I think the issue is that they can’t put many people on any one train right now. They can only run so many trains on the circuit at any one time so the throughput will be low. They’re using buses now and when it gets busy they can just put more buses on the road.

I'll be there this weekend. It's one of our favorite rides, so I'm hoping that the April 1/2/3 dates still hold up. It sounds like it is, so far, as this is still listed on a few other sites (on Blogs, but not true news sites). Fingers crossed.

WDWmagic.com just posted an article that they have pushed this back again until May 1,2021. What Is going on?
NOOOOO! I will be there until 5/3 and I guess I'll just count on not being able to ride it because they will probably just push it back again. This is ridiculous.

My guess is that they found an anomaly during testing and got feedback/schedule from the troubleshooting team.

I jsut hope they can fix it! I also hope that after this long the fix-up is really nice!

I mean, isn't it really just closed indefinitely at this point? I thought I read somewhere that they keep moving the closed till date just based on how long the calendar goes or something.
Yep, original thread title was kinda jumping the gun, given how many times they’ve pushed this back.

I mean, isn't it really just closed indefinitely at this point? I thought I read somewhere that they keep moving the closed till date just based on how long the calendar goes or something.

Correct. disney has never announed an opening date. This date was just the date on the calendar it was not marked as "closed" but never meant it would 100% be open then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter