PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Quick question: If I buy items that have points, eg: 100pts per $1 spent on strawberries. But I use PC points to pay, do I still get the bonus offer points?

Also, still no update on my missing points. :( I emailed the receipt photos almost 2 weeks ago now. Apparently if it is a large amount it takes a loooong time.
I used $50 in points yesterday to pay for my groceries and I still received all of my digital offers.

I used $50 in points yesterday to pay for my groceries and I still received all of my digital offers.

it seems to really vary. i used points a week or so ago and didn’t get any bonuses.

i contacted them and got the product bonuses quickly adjusted.

the multiplier points are another story. still waiting to see what happens with those (like blue’s experience, they were quick to add the small amount but very slow with the large one)

Quick question: If I buy items that have points, eg: 100pts per $1 spent on strawberries. But I use PC points to pay, do I still get the bonus offer points?

Also, still no update on my missing points. :( I emailed the receipt photos almost 2 weeks ago now. Apparently if it is a large amount it takes a loooong time.
I believe you do, at least I have. The only time you wouldn't is when its a 20 times event and you pay using your points. At least that's my understanding. I could be wrong as I'm really still trying to wrap my head around the program.

I just figured out that if I use my PC MC to pay for gas at ESSO then its a better deal than using my BMO MC and getting AM's at Shell, then I get an email last week that says they are changing that program. Now I have to try and figure it out all over again. Sigh......

Well yesterday I signed up for the 2020 Princess Half Marathon weekend! I am doing the 5km and the Challenge (10km & Half), I wasn't planning on signing up this year but they released the themes before registration and I couldn't not do it ( Moana, Pocahontas, Cinderella, and the Three Fairies for the Challenge).

So I've got my eye on the prize and need to rack up all the optimum points to maximize the Dis GC $ for this trip. Wish me luck!

I believe you do, at least I have. The only time you wouldn't is when its a 20 times event and you pay using your points. At least that's my understanding. I could be wrong as I'm really still trying to wrap my head around the program.

I just figured out that if I use my PC MC to pay for gas at ESSO then its a better deal than using my BMO MC and getting AM's at Shell, then I get an email last week that says they are changing that program. Now I have to try and figure it out all over again. Sigh......
They are changing the program but you will still get the same ammount of points your way. Its only if your using non pcmc or other gas stations. From how i read it.

Wondering if someone knows the answer to this question.
When my PC points post for my PC MC it always posts twice.
  • PC Financial Earn
    Mon • Jun 3
    +562 pts
    PC Financial Earn
    Mon • Jun 3
    +562 pts
This happens every time they post and I can't figure out why I get it twice. Does this happen to anyone else and can someone explain why it happens?
And on a side note, I received the milk offer again. I like that one!

I see it's spend 50.00 get 20X the points all weekend...but you have to load the offer onto your phone or other media device using their app.

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en...VhsBkCh3UmQemEAAYASAAEgIgx_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have a small list and should be able to hit that target easily - especially needing allergy meds again and knowing that soon the poplar fuzz from the trees will be floating around soon

Just took a look at the Superstore flyer when I was home at lunch. Looks like there are a bunch of points offers in the flyer this week, and it looks like a lot of stuff that I would normally buy! Hoping for a big points weekend.

Wondering if someone knows the answer to this question.
When my PC points post for my PC MC it always posts twice.

• PC Financial Earn
    Mon • Jun 3
    +562 pts

PC Financial Earn
    Mon • Jun 3
    +562 pts
This happens every time they post and I can't figure out why I get it twice. Does this happen to anyone else and can someone explain why it happens?
And on a side note, I received the milk offer again. I like that one!

Do you have the PCMC that is "gun metal" in colour?? If so you earn 2x the points spent at any of the Loblaw affiliated stores (ie Shpper's, Joe Fresh, Esso) and this is how PC Optimum posts the points on your account.

ARG! Just back from my Shoppers trip. So mad at the store and myself.

I had everything on my list, hit $50.12 pre-tax to get my 20x. I'm using the self-check out, doing my thing. I go to pay, check to make sure my taxes are good, yup. Proceed to pay, look at my receipt...no 20x points!

I'm in the car looking it over to see where I went wrong. Well, the stupid soya sauce was priced at 3.79 on the shelf, but I only got charged 3.49! Doh! I just got off the live chat and they would not give me a break for 0.30.

Now, us Pros all know that we should throw in a chocolate bar or something for good measure at the checkout, but I had my prices all down.

*sigh* Now I am relaxing, drinking a Coke Zero and waiting for the Raptors game to start in 1.5 hours in which I will get all worked up again LOL

First World problems...*rant over*

I had everything on my list, hit $50.12 pre-tax to get my 20x. I'm using the self-check out, doing my thing. I go to pay, check to make sure my taxes are good, yup. Proceed to pay, look at my receipt...no 20x points!

I'm in the car looking it over to see where I went wrong. Well, the stupid soya sauce was priced at 3.79 on the shelf, but I only got charged 3.49! Doh! I just got off the live chat and they would not give me a break for 0.30.

Now, us Pros all know that we should throw in a chocolate bar or something for good measure at the checkout, but I had my prices all down.

*sigh* Now I am relaxing, drinking a Coke Zero and waiting for the Raptors game to start in 1.5 hours in which I will get all worked up again LOL

Maybe add a little something to that Coke Zero, that should help :drinking1.
Yes, I've been there before and probably will be again. Hope your Raptors game goes better.

So frustrating . And who wants to march back in and return everything and ring it in again? Not me. But really , we should. It’s the principal of the thing at that point .. they aren’t willing to adjust but it was a store error ! You did what you were supposed to.

Oh well.. at least our Raptors led us to victory ! What a game !

So frustrating . And who wants to march back in and return everything and ring it in again? Not me. But really , we should. It’s the principal of the thing at that point .. they aren’t willing to adjust but it was a store error ! You did what you were supposed to.

Umm... I have! LOL Seriously. There's been a couple of times where stuff rang in on sale and wasn't clearly marked and it lowered my total. I apologized to the Cashier for what I was about to do and explained why I wanted a refund. Then went in search of an item or two to bring my total up to $50. Now I make sure to check the pre-tax total with the Cashier before I pay AND do not take either child with me when I shop. :)

Just back from my 20X's shop. Spent 55.39 before tax, received 18,300 points. Once the clerk had given me my receipt I noticed that one item rang in wrong, should have been $1.88 but rang as $3.49 so I questioned that. When all was said and done I lost 1,040 points however they gave me the item free. Love stores that do that!
All in all, a good shop. I'm now at 339,286 points. Have to figure out some way to use them, wish we could do gas with them like you can AM's.

Just back from my 20X's shop. Spent 55.39 before tax, received 18,300 points. Once the clerk had given me my receipt I noticed that one item rang in wrong, should have been $1.88 but rang as $3.49 so I questioned that. When all was said and done I lost 1,040 points however they gave me the item free. Love stores that do that!
All in all, a good shop. I'm now at 339,286 points. Have to figure out some way to use them, wish we could do gas with them like you can AM's.

I wait until there is a spend your points event and I stock up on what I like to call the ‘boring essentials’. Toothpaste, floss, deodorant, qtips, razors, etc etc. Depending on how many points I have to spend I often pick one of the shopper’s locations with the nicer beauty sections and get a bottle of the perfume I use (if I’m close to running out). I like doing it that way because then I never have to worry about spending money that stuff the rest on the time :)

That's part of the Canadian Code of Scanning - i wish it wasn't a voluntary programme! Zehrs is part as well and i got a crockpot for under $5 because it rang up at 3X the shelf price -- they only have to give a MAX $10 -- and i used the free gift card from the Bread Scandal, good day 🤣

I wait until there is a spend your points event and I stock up on what I like to call the ‘boring essentials’. Toothpaste, floss, deodorant, qtips, razors, etc etc. Depending on how many points I have to spend I often pick one of the shopper’s locations with the nicer beauty sections and get a bottle of the perfume I use (if I’m close to running out). I like doing it that way because then I never have to worry about spending money that stuff the rest on the time :)

i did this last big event, and then i added a 300$ disney gift card to my shop. so now i’ve stocked up on toothbrush heads, deodorant, and the like that i would usually buy anyways, plus i have a nice little bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts