Paying OOP for appetizer on Dining Plan?

sweetnjmom

DIS Veteran
We will be going to LeCellier during our trip and I realize the dining plan doesn't include appetizers and that gratuities are separate. However, now I realize I don't know if I can order an appetizer (and pay out of pocket) too.

Are you able to? Can I order the main course and dessert on the dining plan and pay separately for a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup?

Sorry if a frequent question.

We did it at Teppan Edo last year. We also had 1 guest joining us that was not on the plan, so we paid for her meal separately as well as the appetizers and drinks.

When we ate at Le Cellier, we were planning on ordering the soup and paying for it separately, but the entrees we were ordering were part of the "fixed price" special that included your choice of entree, dessert and appetizer. We were allowed to order those items and have it included in our dining plan. :)

Kathy

Yes you can. You can order whatever you want (appetizers, drinks) and if it is outside of the dining plan then you just pay OOP.

Thanks for your replies!

Last trip we couldn't get the ADR for LeCellier and I am looking forward to that meal. :)

You'll get separate folders for each transaction type. This was our meal at Kona where DD ordered a kid's meal that I paid OOP for, we used DDP for our meals, and my DM had a glass of wine. 3 folders! I had to take a photo, I thought it was funny. :lmao:

We did it at Teppan Edo last year. We also had 1 guest joining us that was not on the plan, so we paid for her meal separately as well as the appetizers and drinks.

When we ate at Le Cellier, we were planning on ordering the soup and paying for it separately, but the entrees we were ordering were part of the "fixed price" special that included your choice of entree, dessert and appetizer. We were allowed to order those items and have it included in our dining plan. :)

Kathy

I think they did away with this menu when they changed to their "all day" menu this year and even lunch is 2 TS credits. Sad. Their burger and the soup was an awesome meal!

You'll get separate folders for each transaction type. This was our meal at Kona where DD ordered a kid's meal that I paid OOP for, we used DDP for our meals, and my DM had a glass of wine. 3 folders! I had to take a photo, I thought it was funny. :lmao:

That is funny!!! We paid OOP for some things this past June at LeCellier and we didn't have separate folders just separate receipts.

Carla

It is correct that Le Cellier is a signature restaurant all the time now, there are no longer separate lunch/dinner menus (and no burger), and they no longer have the prix fixe option.

It is correct that Le Cellier is a signature restaurant all the time now, there are no longer separate lunch/dinner menus (and no burger), and they no longer have the prix fixe option.

I'm somewhat surprised that they have no kid's burger at least... thankfully my son will eat their steak with a side of french fries. Otherwise we'd have issues going there.

LoL. What were they thinking giving you three folders - and just one pen :rotfl2:

I think they did away with this menu when they changed to their "all day" menu this year and even lunch is 2 TS credits. Sad. Their burger and the soup was an awesome meal!

2 TS credits and you still have to pay extra for an appetizer? Really!

I know its not the same question, but could this work for our 10 year old son too?

He was kid last time, but would be an adult on our November trip, and he eats like a bird typically from the kids menu. Could we save our TS credits for him, pay for his child meal out of pocket then say go to a Signature meal or two with the extra?

Thanks,

I know its not the same question, but could this work for our 10 year old son too?

He was kid last time, but would be an adult on our November trip, and he eats like a bird typically from the kids menu. Could we save our TS credits for him, pay for his child meal out of pocket then say go to a Signature meal or two with the extra?

Thanks,

Yes, you could do that.

LoL. What were they thinking giving you three folders - and just one pen :rotfl2:

Nope, three pens. You can't see the two in the bottom two folders but they're there. It's why each folder is open in a sharp "V" shape and why they balance on each other. And why you can see the paper inside each folder (but, really, how many pens does one table need?).

2 TS credits and you still have to pay extra for an appetizer? Really!

No reason for Le Cellier to be any different from any other Signature restaurant: guests utilizing the basic dining plan get entrée/dessert/drink; guests with the deluxe plan get to add appetizers at each lunch/dinner table service location?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter