• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Party for the Senses 10/27 any one ?

and might i add to kmmccart75's post that these LGMH paint chips can be found at Home Depot. They are put out I think by Behr paints. If you aren't crafty WDW does sell a plain black pin about the size of a half dollar coin that has various colors of Mickey Heads. And yes they do have Lime Green!

Oh, does anyone know if the food booths accept credit cards and if there is a minimum to how much you have to buy to use them?

Last year they took everything- credit cards, gift cards, room charge. No minimum. I expect this year to be the same. They've been promoting the Gift cards pretty heavily to make things "easier". Last year all of the problems we encountered were with running the cards. I hope they have that figured out by the time we get there.

and might i add to kmmccart75's post that these LGMH paint chips can be found at Home Depot. They are put out I think by Behr paints. If you aren't crafty WDW does sell a plain black pin about the size of a half dollar coin that has various colors of Mickey Heads. And yes they do have Lime Green!

Oh, does anyone know if the food booths accept credit cards and if there is a minimum to how much you have to buy to use them?

I was there for an hour or so Saturday afternoon and bought (I think) four items, used a credit card for most if not all with no problem.

What is everybody wearing to PFTS?

It seems that people wear everything from shorts and t-shirts to evening attire.

I think DH and DS will be in slacks and open collared button down shirts, I have no idea for me, maybe a casual dress?

I am wearing a a plain top with a little bit of a design with a faux suede skirt. Both are a warm brown color. ( total clash with the LGMH but oh well LOL) I haven't decided on which shoes yet. Any suggestions other then not 4 inch heels? Dh is wearing a button up casual shirt and casual dress pants.

And thanks for the replies regarding the CC's.

DH will almost definitely wear his "dress" shorts with a nice cocktail button-up shirt. I'm wearing a nice halter dress I rarely get to wear since I'm always cold when we go out to eat!! But probably comfortable casual sandals. My feet will kill me otherwise.

DH will most likely be in casual slacks and button shirt. If it is hot that evening, maybe khakis and a short-sleeve button shirt (like a dressed-up camp shirt), instead. I haven't decided - casual dress, or a semi-dressy top with skirt or slacks? Sounds to me like we're all thinking about the same...

Only 16 days to go till the Party! :banana:

Well, I picked up some stuff for a table tent of sorts last night. I picked up green floral foam that I will use as a base, and green floral wire (the stiff straight ones. I haven't decided what to "top" it with. Either home depot LGMH, or even an antennae topper! ( I don't have a LG one, but I do have a camoflage one) Anyway, I have plenty of wire and foam to make a few tents and if you bend the wire in half, the pieces would probably fit in most pocketbooks or even a fanny pack. So, if anyone is interested in one, let me know. Maybe I could get it to you before that evening. It would be great to have 4-5 tables spread out through the room - all welcoming Dis's and others

As far as clothing, I'm probably going to wear my "Mickey" dress. It's a below the knee blue sundress with Mickey's on it. I think it was last year that I actually found two other women at PFTS wearing the same dress. I took a picture of the three of us in our matching dresses.

We're getting excited, too. We're staying at BWV. Where's everyone else staying?

We'll be at SSR.

By any chance, would any one be interested in (1) ticket to the Oct 23 F&W Pairing @ Morocco?

Anyway, I have plenty of wire and foam to make a few tents and if you bend the wire in half, the pieces would probably fit in most pocketbooks or even a fanny pack. So, if anyone is interested in one, let me know. Maybe I could get it to you before that evening. It would be great to have 4-5 tables spread out through the room - all welcoming Dis's and others

We're getting excited, too. We're staying at BWV. Where's everyone else staying?

We would love to have a table tent! Thanks for doing these. I think it would be great to have several tables scattered around - that way, those who want to stay put can, and those who want to mingle will have multiple places to stop and chat. It should be easy for us all to meet that way.

We'll be your neighbors at the BWI starting on the 23rd - so it should be easy to get one to us...

15 days!:banana:

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to wear when I had that duh (insert forehead smacking smilie here) moment of clarity. We make corks into hand strung Mardi Gras beads we take along every year. We'll be wearing those! And if I have any left (27th is our last night) I'll have goodies!:lmao: If being the operative word!

We'll be your neighbors at the BWI starting on the 23rd - so it should be easy to get one to us...

Great! DH and I are arriving on the 23rd, too. DD and BIL arrive on the 24th (she couldn't miss too much school)

I'll send you a PM with contact info

We arrive at the BWV on 10/27 and leave on 10/29.

My pet sitter bailed on us at the "last minute" and now I'm in a bit of a bind. I might ahve to kennel my grey at the Epcot kennels, he's not going to be at all happy. :(

I'm literally ready to try to rent my reservation and just take a car service to and from WDW, and have the pet sitter come in late Saturday afternoon to walk him. Ugh.

I thought it might be helpful to post a list of who is going. I compiled this only from the info posted in this thread. I didn't post your name if you have only revealed it to me in a PM. I included who indicated they are going to the concert with '+VP.' If any of this is incorrect, or you wish to add anything, let me know and I will update the list.

timidcharm (?) +VP
ducklite / Anne (3)
Rpsemont / Anne (3)
kmmccart75 / Kathy (2)
ukwildcat (2)
Wigit12 / Gina (4)
mom2cookies / Diana (2)
jonesmatNY (2) +VP
TheBeadPirate / Lori (2) +VP

Over 20 people!! It should be a great time. Only 11 days! :banana:

DH has been watching the weather for WDW and it is supposed to be in the 90's next week. Anyone have any idea what to expect for when we are there? I'm concerned my faux suede skirt might be too warm ( it is very light but not 90 degree weather light). LOL anybody pack yet?

DH has been watching the weather for WDW and it is supposed to be in the 90's next week. Anyone have any idea what to expect for when we are there? I'm concerned my faux suede skirt might be too warm ( it is very light but not 90 degree weather light). LOL anybody pack yet?

I hope it's not high in the 90's! weather.com shows high around 79-80 every day, low mid 60's, so we are hopeful the evenings will be pleasantly cool.

9 days!:banana:

If you wear a thin top, I wouldn't think a skirt would keep you too warm.
But, with so many people in a cocktail party atmosphere I do expect it to be warmer. I'm hoping to wear a summer halter dress I bought earlier this year and hadn't had an opportunity to wear this year.

Just found really comfortable leather flip flops to wear!! I always have trouble with my feet and knees and this is at the end of our week so this is a huge relief.

I thought it might be helpful to post a list of who is going. I compiled this only from the info posted in this thread. I didn't post your name if you have only revealed it to me in a PM. I included who indicated they are going to the concert with '+VP.' If any of this is incorrect, or you wish to add anything, let me know and I will update the list.

timidcharm (?) +VP
ducklite / Anne (3)
Rpsemont / Anne (3)
kmmccart75 / Kathy (2)
ukwildcat (2)
Wigit12 (4)
mom2cookies / Diana (2)
jonesmatNY (2) +VP
TheBeadPirate / Lori (2) +VP

Over 20 people!! It should be a great time. Only 11 days! :banana:

You can add my name to the list---Gina:wave:

Having lived here all my life i can say with some wisdom, though i love leather , its best left for more appropriate climate. We have been getting rain in the evenings and its just too humid ...But hey thats just one opinion:laundy:

thanks timidcharm, my skirt isn't real leather or real suede. It just looks and feels like it. I'm going to take a back up just in case. I'm off today to go find some shoes. woot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter