Party for the Senses 10/27 any one ?

timidcharm

Mouseketeer
Im wondering if anyone is going to TPFTS on 10/27 wanna get together and mingle?:hippie: after the VIP seating of the Village People...... :dance3:

DH, DS, and I will be there. Can't wait!

Anne

We'll be there! Me, DH and DD (12). Not sure if we'll do the concert, we usually catch the show a different evening and just make our way to the venue. From the other thread for all f &w events meets, it looks like there will about 20 or so dis'ers there. Hopefully some of them will sign in here, too. I can't wait!

(also) Anne

Should we try to get one of the large tables for all of us to share? I know that they don't like it when people "hog" the tables, but with 20+ of us sharing a table for ten, I don't see it being a problem.

I'd love to share a stand up cocktail table - or maybe two (in a couple different areas) Actually, I was trying to think of a way to design a "table Tent" - maybe a piece of styrofoam, a long pice of pipe cleaner (or something more solid) and put LGMH on the top. Then I'd just take it to whatever table I was at, and people would be welcome to join! We find we move around too much to be too anchored down. I know some of the othering in the group were discussing sharing a table early on in another thread.

Hey, fellow Partiers! DH & I will be there - we are some of the 'others from another thread' Rpsemont mentioned. We have made plans with another group of 4 DISers (Wigit12) to share a table, and I'm sure everyone is welcome. The more of us there are, the more likely someone will be sitting at any given time and no one will have to "stand guard."

We, too, would prefer to move around and mingle, and if it looks like that's possible, we will. It's our first PFTS, and we've heard it can be difficult to even set your drink down, so we thought we'd start with a 'home base' and see how it goes.

The table "tent" is a great idea!!! :thumbsup2 If you come up with something inexpensive, maybe bring a couple, and pass them out to others so we can spread out, but all find each other? We'd love to have one on our table, and it would make it easier to mingle if there were multiple tables scattered around, as you suggested. Or share your design and I'll try to make something similar (if you don't mind)? For the LGMH - are you thinking Home Depot paint chips?

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Only 3 weeks away!! woohoo!! (sorry for all the exclamation points, I am just a little excited - and not as annoying in person, I promise ;) )

I never responded to the other thread, but DW and I will be there. Not sure if we are going to the Village People, but wouldn't mind saying hello to other Disers. How are we going to know who is who, other than the tent idea? We'll be at Sweet Sundays tomorrow, but really looking forward to PFTS in a few weeks.

Really looking forward to this night!!

I may try to catch the concert on Friday so we don't have to worry about rushing over to PFTS. Having several tables would be great. DH will not be happy if he has to stand and eat:sad2:

THis is and has been my Dh and I these past few days :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo: LOL We are just sooo excited to be going ( me more then him but..) to the FAWF and the PFTS. THis is our first time going.

I am a big fan of wearing the LGMH so i'll have it on me somewhere even if i have to pin it to my top!

DH would like to sit and eat, but I am game to wander around. I still don't think he quite realizes how the whole PFTS thing works ;) Anyhow, we would love to socialize and meet up with you all. We can " review" the dishes and chose our favorites.
Anyone planning on taking photos and doing a trip/ food report?

AH! can't wait! Thanks kmmccart75 for sending me a PM for this thread.

oh, I doubt Dh and i will be going to the concert. The only song we know by them is YMCA LOL They are a little before MY time , but not Dh's.

Can't wait to meet ya'll!!!!!!!
Diana and Charlie (DH)

We picked this weekend to hit WDW and the FWF because of the Village People!!:rolleyes1 The PFTS was an add on once we decided to go. The 27th is also my DW "29th" birthday, she doesnt know it yet, but I'm going to make her wear a birthday pin! First time at the PFTS, but always like to meet others from Disboards, we did a dessert party last month with other Disers and it was great!

We'll be there too. And going to see the Village People- that's the whole reason we chose this weekend! We have a button maker and I made LGMH buttons for DH and I to wear.:goodvibes

:banana: I can't wait!:banana:

Yeah. I cut away the background from the paint chip and put it on the button with the silver button back as the background. It ends up looking very Epcot/Tomorrowland-ish.

That way I can put it on my bag, pin lanyard, shirt, etc pretty easily.

I also made cards up for our last trip. So if we met another DISser and wanted to keep in touch they had our screenname and stuff. Easier than trying to find a pen.:thumbsup2

I don't know how well you'll be able to see it. But the button is at the center of DH's lanyard.

001_0284.jpg

And this is a screen shot of the cards I made.

001_0270.jpg

You probably figured this out from the replies, but the references are to Lime Green Mickey Heads. I have gathered from various threads that is the adopted symbol (and color) of the DIS, in lime green because it is a reasonably rare color that stands out so people can find each other.

This will be my first trip to Disney since finding the DIS, and I can't wait to see how many DISers I can spot/meet.

and might i add to kmmccart75's post that these LGMH paint chips can be found at Home Depot. They are put out I think by Behr paints. If you aren't crafty WDW does sell a plain black pin about the size of a half dollar coin that has various colors of Mickey Heads. And yes they do have Lime Green!

Oh, does anyone know if the food booths accept credit cards and if there is a minimum to how much you have to buy to use them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter