Partner Swap- Holiday Theme! Challenge#7 Post #2

Hey there Tyniknate (Danielle),

Excited for this swap and to be partners with you. So for the first challenge, would you like to have Halloween specific titles, or general fall titles? Is there anything in specific that you would like to see? Looking forward to doing this with you. :)

Yup! Oh I was going to tell you also, this fall we will be spending a lot of time at the Football fields since DD#2 is cheering. Ohh and we will be going to the fair in a few weeks. Ohhh and DS's 1st bday is in a few weeks and will be Star Wars themed. and for winter/christmas type stuff. DD#2 will be in Nutcracker and DD#1 is in Scrooge the Musical. :)

Ok stopping all my play time for now, gotta get DD's and bring them home. having 2 machines sure makes things go a little faster. :cool1:

All good things to know. I remember you talking about the cheer bows. Can you send me or post a picture of them? What is the color scheme of the football team/cheerleaders? Football team name? What are #2's part(s) in the Nutcracker? And #1 in Scrooge? What kind of fair? Can I assume correctly that we'll need to do some Winter/Christmas titles at some point? ;) So I can focus on Fall/Halloween now?

And, an FYI for you...This year Morgan is doing Jazz and Pointe Prep (4 and a half hours a week at the dance studio! :faint: ) In November, she's going to Nature's Classroom (I won't be there to take pictures, but she'll have a camera or two).

Halloween would be great, don't really scrap for say fall. Disney and general would be good. How about you?

We don't do much for Halloween, but we do pumpkin carving. Apple picking, corn maze, or general fall would be good also. If it helps any, I do separate books for each of my kiddos, so I am always looking for ways to make them a little different.

Hi Belle!
So when are you going to the Halloween party? We will be there the weekend of the 11Oct to the 14th. Our party is on the 12th.
I am a big Halloween freak so anything for that would be great. This years trip is all about my DD and she wants to see the Hallowishes, the parade and t n t. I mostly scrap our Disney trips so any/all of that is good.

BTW, I loved your pieces from the Dl swap.:hippie:

All good things to know. I remember you talking about the cheer bows. Can you send me or post a picture of them? What is the color scheme of the football team/cheerleaders? Football team name? What are #2's part(s) in the Nutcracker? And #1 in Scrooge? What kind of fair? Can I assume correctly that we'll need to do some Winter/Christmas titles at some point? ;) So I can focus on Fall/Halloween now?

And, an FYI for you...This year Morgan is doing Jazz and Pointe Prep (4 and a half hours a week at the dance studio! :faint: ) In November, she's going to Nature's Classroom (I won't be there to take pictures, but she'll have a camera or two).

Here's her in her uniform, finally got them the other day:
IMAG0505.jpg

Here's her bow- The coach liked it so much now I need to make 40 more!
IMAG0491.jpg

Colors are Maroon, White, and Gold- but its more yellow. Just SK PeeWee's they don't have their squads picked yet, hopefully they do that soon since the first game is supposedly Saturday.

Yes, we will do Winter stuff later but I just realized I didn't put it on my questionnaire. :goodvibes

DD#1 will be Hearty- he is one of the men at the beginning asking Scrooge for donations- the pudgey one in the suit :lmao:

DD#2 is playing a bon bon, still waiting to see who will be the naughties.

4 1/2 hours! is that it? :lmao: DD#1 is also doing Pre-pointe. She took a class over the summer and loves it. She decided to go all ballet instead of tap and jazz. The others have a few classes too. I did get them so that they are stacked all on 2 days. Saves on gas but its a long 2 days especially fridays since we are at the studio for 3 hours then off to cheer for 2 more. :headache:

I will check out your link and see if I can get some more ideas :)

DO you need any Disney Halloween or just general?

Hi Belle!
So when are you going to the Halloween party? We will be there the weekend of the 11Oct to the 14th. Our party is on the 12th.
I am a big Halloween freak so anything for that would be great. This years trip is all about my DD and she wants to see the Hallowishes, the parade and t n t. I mostly scrap our Disney trips so any/all of that is good.

BTW, I loved your pieces from the Dl swap.:hippie:
October 2-4 is when we are going to Disneyland, and our party date is October 2.
And thanks! I enjoyed doing the DL swap

Belle, another question for you, do you get photos with the characters during the party?

Yes we always get pictures with the characters in their cool Halloween costumes! Do you do pictures with the characters as well?

JohnsonsLoveDisney said:
Here's her in her uniform, finally got them the other day:

Here's her bow- The coach liked it so much now I need to make 40 more!

Colors are Maroon, White, and Gold- but its more yellow. Just SK PeeWee's they don't have their squads picked yet, hopefully they do that soon since the first game is supposedly Saturday.

Yes, we will do Winter stuff later but I just realized I didn't put it on my questionnaire. :goodvibes

DD#1 will be Hearty- he is one of the men at the beginning asking Scrooge for donations- the pudgey one in the suit :lmao:

DD#2 is playing a bon bon, still waiting to see who will be the naughties.

4 1/2 hours! is that it? :lmao: DD#1 is also doing Pre-pointe. She took a class over the summer and loves it. She decided to go all ballet instead of tap and jazz. The others have a few classes too. I did get them so that they are stacked all on 2 days. Saves on gas but its a long 2 days especially fridays since we are at the studio for 3 hours then off to cheer for 2 more. :headache:

I will check out your link and see if I can get some more ideas :)

DO you need any Disney Halloween or just general?

I thought I remembered reading that about the bow. Awesome. So maroon, white and yellow/gold. Good to know.

Unfortunately, we've never done Disney at Halloween (yet). Our cruise was over Halloween, but I've already scrapped that if you can believe it! So, general fall and Halloween is best.

I can barely keep up with one. Two afternoons at the studio is more than enough for me. She really wanted to do lyrical and tap also, but that would have made it 3 days a week, and she didn't want to give up softball or girl scouts so it's best all around this way.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I thought I remembered reading that about the bow. Awesome. So maroon, white and yellow/gold. Good to know.

Unfortunately, we've never done Disney at Halloween (yet). Our cruise was over Halloween, but I've already scrapped that if you can believe it! So, general fall and Halloween is best.

I can barely keep up with one. Two afternoons at the studio is more than enough for me. She really wanted to do lyrical and tap also, but that would have made it 3 days a week, and she didn't want to give up softball or girl scouts so it's best all around this way.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Bows, Bows, Bows!! Yes, Maroon, white and yellow (gold) not sure why they don't just call it yellow. :confused3

I made a couple pieces last night:

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

We've never been at Halloween time either but I heard that it may be in the works for next year since DBF's vacation time is changing and we may not be able to go to Disney for Christmas. We are still working on the details.

I told them we were cutting down on the number of days we would be at activities this year due to the drive. Last year it was 2x in one day, one in the am for DD#3 and one in the evening for DD#2 and then Fridays, I don't have to take them on Wednesdays. :yay: but the schedule came out and DD#3 will have a class at 445-530, DD#1 will have 2 classes from 530-730 then scrooge after that, and DD#2 will have a class 530-630. I can leave after DD#2 is done and take them home and pick up DD#1 after Scrooge. Then Fridays DD#2 is the only one with classes from 445-630 and then cheer till 830 but its right up the road from Dance, and I can leave DD#1 home to babysit for a little bit before DBF gets home. :yay:

Hey there Tyniknate (Danielle),

Excited for this swap and to be partners with you. So for the first challenge, would you like to have Halloween specific titles, or general fall titles? Is there anything in specific that you would like to see? Looking forward to doing this with you. :)

Sorry I'm just getting back to you. It was a LONG Labor Day Weekend!

I'm not really picky about titles. We have done both Halloween and Christmas at Disney and my youngest still trick or treats and I have lots of pictures from previous years to scrap. We also have lots of hayride/pumpkin pics and tons of Christmas to be done......so I guess what I'm saying is "anything goes". That should make it easy.

How about you? Anything in particular you would like me to focus on? Do you want your pieces to be just general holiday stuff, or do you want them to be Disney specific? Can you tell me a little about the Disneyland halloween party activities? Name of parade, fireworks, is there a song? I did manage to squeek in a little retail therapy this weekend and picked up some great fall stuff. Now to get crackin!

Sorry I'm just getting back to you. It was a LONG Labor Day Weekend!

I'm not really picky about titles. We have done both Halloween and Christmas at Disney and my youngest still trick or treats and I have lots of pictures from previous years to scrap. We also have lots of hayride/pumpkin pics and tons of Christmas to be done......so I guess what I'm saying is "anything goes". That should make it easy.

How about you? Anything in particular you would like me to focus on? Do you want your pieces to be just general holiday stuff, or do you want them to be Disney specific? Can you tell me a little about the Disneyland halloween party activities? Name of parade, fireworks, is there a song? I did manage to squeek in a little retail therapy this weekend and picked up some great fall stuff. Now to get crackin!

Have you done Disneyland or WDW at Halloween and Christmas time? Have you done the Halloween party at either, or the Christmas party at WDW? I'm excited to get started on these titles for you. I have a couple of new cartridges that will be perfect for this time of year. :goodvibes

As far as for me, we are attending the Disneyland Halloween party again this year. It is called Mickey's Halloween Party. The special fireworks for the party are called Halloween Screams, the special parade is called Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade, and they have special trick or treat stations as well as photo ops with costumed characters that we do. We also go apple picking every year at a apple tree farm, and we go to a pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins each year. We carve pumpkins each year as well. My kids don't go trick or treating (except at the Disneyland party), but they do dress up for the party. I scrap mostly Disneyland, Disney Cruise or WDW pictures, because that's what we do most! :rotfl: I do have some pictures that I still need to scrap from last year's party with characters. We had pictures with storm troopers; Phineas and Ferb; Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Wendy; and Perry the platypus. Hopefully that helps you out. If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask away. :thumbsup2

Have you done Disneyland or WDW at Halloween and Christmas time? Have you done the Halloween party at either, or the Christmas party at WDW? I'm excited to get started on these titles for you. I have a couple of new cartridges that will be perfect for this time of year. :goodvibes

As far as for me, we are attending the Disneyland Halloween party again this year. It is called Mickey's Halloween Party. The special fireworks for the party are called Halloween Screams, the special parade is called Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade, and they have special trick or treat stations as well as photo ops with costumed characters that we do. We also go apple picking every year at a apple tree farm, and we go to a pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins each year. We carve pumpkins each year as well. My kids don't go trick or treating (except at the Disneyland party), but they do dress up for the party. I scrap mostly Disneyland, Disney Cruise or WDW pictures, because that's what we do most! :rotfl: I do have some pictures that I still need to scrap from last year's party with characters. We had pictures with storm troopers; Phineas and Ferb; Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Wendy; and Perry the platypus. Hopefully that helps you out. If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask away. :thumbsup2

We have done both the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Disney World. Loved them both. Hallowishes (fireworks) is a favorite of ours, as is the trick or treating and the Boo to You Parade. We also love the different christmas trees/decorations and I have some fantastic pictures of all three boys sitting on the lap of the best santa ever at last years christmas event. Just some ideas.

I, too, basically just scrap Disney Trips. I have one book for each of the boys for their special occasions, but I don't typically scrap everything. I include Christmas and Birthdays and stuff like that. The everyday stuff gets labeled and put into a photo album. If I scrapped everything I would need three extra days in the week just to work on scrapping! They each also have a book for their years and journey in scouting. Maybe someday I will have the time to do more, but for right now that's about all I can get done (and even then I'm having a hard time keeping up :rotfl2:)

Challenge#2

Let's do 4 banners. 2 fall/Halloween theme 2 winter/Christmas theme.

Also don't forget to work on your altered item. :)

For our tween players- I'll have a questionnaire ready later today. But let's have them start with something handmade for each girl-whatever they are good at- they can at least start thinking about it. :) ill pm.details for mailing later also.

Challenge#2

Let's do 4 banners. 2 fall/Halloween theme 2 winter/Christmas theme.

Also don't forget to work on your altered item. :)

For our tween players- I'll have a questionnaire ready later today. But let's have them start with something handmade for each girl-whatever they are good at- they can at least start thinking about it. :) ill pm.details for mailing later also.

Can we make sure that favorite colors are included in the questionnaire?

Danielle, there are some banners here, from the last swap.

Thanks. They are really cute and they look like lots of fun to make. One other question. The first six titles were for fall and halloween only? Will we make Christmas ones later or were they just forgotten in the listing?

:cool1: for banners!

Megan is excited to start up the swap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter