"Parking traffic" and bus congestion

tentaguasu

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

First, what's the traffic situation coming into the parking ramp at park open or trying to leave a park close? Is it quick and efficient, or is it a massive jam of cars?

Second, if I instead choose to take the bus, how packed are busses going from Endless Summer Dockside to the parks at opening time and returning at closing? I'm not a big fan of being packed on a bus, so I've considered paying parking so I can drive over.

Any insight is appreciated!

I would take the bus. The buses are much more efficient than Disney. There's usually one pulling in as another is pulling out. Traffic getting in/out of the parking structures at Universal can be crazy at park open and close. Sometimes I-4 even gets backed up a mile or two before the Universal exit because of it.

I wasn't overly impressed with the bus situation when we were there in June coming back to Dockside from the parks. If you are there til the park closes, expect masses of people, long lines and stuffed to the brim buses. They pack you on like sardines. If you wait about 30 mins to an hour after the park closes, shop in CityWalk, grab a drink/snack, it will be better. Remember too that the bus stops at both Surfside and Dockside, and its a pita to get off at whichever hotel they go to first! One night we waited in line over an hour and that was after 4 buses had already left, 2 of them people eaters!

I wasn't overly impressed with the bus situation when we were there in June coming back to Dockside from the parks. If you are there til the park closes, expect masses of people, long lines and stuffed to the brim buses. They pack you on like sardines. If you wait about 30 mins to an hour after the park closes, shop in CityWalk, grab a drink/snack, it will be better. Remember too that the bus stops at both Surfside and Dockside, and its a pita to get off at whichever hotel they go to first! One night we waited in line over an hour and that was after 4 buses had already left, 2 of them people eaters!
Yikes! Did you otherwise like the hotels? I haven’t stayed in those new ones but ruled them out due to the convenience/ proximity issue. Having the ability to walk (even if 20 minutes to Cabana Bay) makes me happier since I feel like I have more control and can “nope” out, if that makes more sense at the time.
OP- I wouldn’t drive. If the bus issue really concerns you, maybe price out a closer hotel?

Hello everyone,

First, what's the traffic situation coming into the parking ramp at park open or trying to leave a park close? Is it quick and efficient, or is it a massive jam of cars?

Second, if I instead choose to take the bus, how packed are busses going from Endless Summer Dockside to the parks at opening time and returning at closing? I'm not a big fan of being packed on a bus, so I've considered paying parking so I can drive over.

Any insight is appreciated!

Yes at Park close the lines are long and busses packed.

You can also just walk over the bridge to Endless Summer (maybe a 12 minute walk)
or that the LYNX 37 bus that goes over the bridge and drops off in front of the Quality Inn.

Yikes! Did you otherwise like the hotels? I haven’t stayed in those new ones but ruled them out due to the convenience/ proximity issue. Having the ability to walk (even if 20 minutes to Cabana Bay) makes me happier since I feel like I have more control and can “nope” out, if that makes more sense at the time.
OP- I wouldn’t drive. If the bus issue really concerns you, maybe price out a closer hotel?

We liked Dockside pretty good, we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, which was really nice for the factor of the kids having their own beds, and a little privacy for us as well. We didn't have a huge issue with noise around us other than housekeeping. I would def stay there again, just now I know to hang back when it's time to leave and not rush to get on the bus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter