Parking at Contemporary

I'm surprised by what everyone is saying! Back in early 2011, I routinely parked at the contemporary and walked over to the Magic Kingdom without any issues whatsoever. Then again, at that point in time, I was a cast member. I never noticed the lot to be full, in fact, often I was easily able to locate a spot. I can understand why Disney would be cracking down on this and I wouldn't advise the OP to park there, but having done so easily 40+ times, I am just surprised that it's no longer an option.

You do know that they built the Bay Lake Tower (DVC resort) on the site of the former North Wing?

I'm surprised by what everyone is saying! Back in early 2011, I routinely parked at the contemporary and walked over to the Magic Kingdom without any issues whatsoever. Then again, at that point in time, I was a cast member. I never noticed the lot to be full, in fact, often I was easily able to locate a spot. I can understand why Disney would be cracking down on this and I wouldn't advise the OP to park there, but having done so easily 40+ times, I am just surprised that it's no longer an option.

That's exactly why they had to change it. Because people had the same reasoning, and people that were paying to stay at the resort were being inconvenienced. Guests started complaining.

You may not have seen towing but I can assure you they do tow. I see it every trip at the Poly and frequently when visiting the other resorts.

I see them tow out of the BLT parking lot quite frequently. Several cars a day in fact...

To the OP. I would drop your family off at the CR and swing around and park the car in the TTC lot. They can check in at the restaurant, look around the Contemporary and you can get a nice parking spot in the TTC lot. If you are in the TTC lot before rope drop you usually are close enough to walk to the monorail (no tram ride necessary). Jump the monorail and get off at the CR. If you are staying in a Disney resort you will not have to pay to park in the TTC lot. If staying outside you will have to pay.

I see them tow out of the BLT parking lot quite frequently. Several cars a day in fact...

To the OP. I would drop your family off at the CR and swing around and park the car in the TTC lot. They can check in at the restaurant, look around the Contemporary and you can get a nice parking spot in the TTC lot. If you are in the TTC lot before rope drop you usually are close enough to walk to the monorail (no tram ride necessary). Jump the monorail and get off at the CR. If you are staying in a Disney resort you will not have to pay to park in the TTC lot. If staying outside you will have to pay.

But our experience has been that he TTC monorail does not run early enough for our 7:00 a.m. Chef Mickey ADR. If there's a way to make it to a 7:00 ADR at Contemporary by parking at the TTC, I'd like to know how to do it for our trip next week. I'd much rather park there than pay for valet parking.

But our experience has been that he TTC monorail does not run early enough for our 7:00 a.m. Chef Mickey ADR. If there's a way to make it to a 7:00 ADR at Contemporary by parking at the TTC, I'd like to know how to do it for our trip next week. I'd much rather park there than pay for valet parking.

I'm unfamiliar with the hours of the monorail, but if it's not running and you don't want to pay for valet you'll have to utilize the 3 hour time window and then move your car to the TTC.

It's not quite as convenient, but it's not the end of the world. Just comes with the territory of not staying at CR and having a very early ADR, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter