Parking at Contemporary

hulk51382

Mouseketeer
We have an early reservation for Chef Mickey's and plan to drive to CR. We are going to MK that day and was wondering if you're allowed to leave you car parked at CR? It seems much easier just to walk over to MK from CR. Thanks for any help!

No, you can only park at the contemporary for the time will be there unless you pay to valet park.

Or, park at the Ticket and Transportation Center. You then take a monorail, ferry or launch to the Magic Kingdom and walk to the Contemporary. Or you can take the monorail directly to the Contemporary (after stopping at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom). :)

If you dont use the valet service and try to leave the car there while at the MK, it is possible you will get towed!

WDW is cracking down on this especailly at the CR.

AKK

Thanks everyone for the the info. Does anyone know around how much valet parking is at CR?

If you dont use the valet service and try to leave the car there while at the MK, it is possible you will get towed!

AKK

True and they have been discussing this at all the monorail resorts. The problem is the lot sizes. They simply aren't big enough to accommodate the resort guests and what the OP is suggesting. They are sized to handle ADR parking but not all day parking for MK.

The number of people valet parking as suggested is increasing and that could become a problem down the road. It's days may be numbered too, but it's a ways out yet.

Thanks everyone for the the info. Does anyone know around how much valet parking is at CR?

$12 plus tip and you do need to tip. It ends up equivalent to the TTC parking. All in all parking at the TTC makes a lot of sense especially if you are staying onsite with TTC parking then bring free.

We have an early reservation for Chef Mickey's and plan to drive to CR. We are going to MK that day and was wondering if you're allowed to leave you car parked at CR? It seems much easier just to walk over to MK from CR. Thanks for any help!

You and several thousand people think of doing this. However, there isn't enough parking for everyone to park at the CR. If you are staying onsite, you can park at the TTC for free or take the bus to the MK and monorail or walk over to the CR.

They actually post a sign at the entrance to the resort telling guests that they are sorry but they cannot provide parking for the theme parks. You'll see this sign at any of the deluxe resorts that are within walking distance or other short hop from the theme parks.

AKK
True and they have been discussing this at all the monorail resorts. The problem is the lot sizes. They simply aren't big enough to accommodate the resort guests and what the OP is suggesting. They are sized to handle ADR parking but not all day parking for MK.
I really wish Disney would enforce the "three hour limit" for visitors/ADRs more than they do, or better yet, only allow guests staying at the monorail resorts to park in their respective lots. It would solve a lot of problems by saying that unless you are staying at one of the monorail resorts and driving a car, you should have to park at the TTC and take the monorail over to the resorts - and then enforce it by not allowing you access to the lot.

We normally stay at the Poly and can't count the number of times we've tried to get a parking spot unsuccessfully especially between 5:00 pm and 11:00 pm. On our trip in October we returned from doing some shopping at the outlet mall and there was absolutely no where to park. We ended up parking in the 10 minute parking and when we advised the CMs both at the main desk and our own concierge/club level desk in the Hawaii building, they basically just acknowledged the problem but said as long as we had our parking pass displayed we wouldn't be towed.

We ended up going over to the MK that evening and at park closing joined the crowd on the monorail to the Poly. We decided to try and move our car to a more appropriate spot, and were shocked at the number of people we followed from the monorail that went out to the Poly parking lot, got in their cars and left. :eek: Needless to say, after the mass exodus of cars from the parking lot, we were able to find a parking spot without any problem.

This past May was no different - we always found it hard to find a parking spot in the Poly lot and most times ended up following someone back to their car and snagging their spot as they left. :sad2:

19743F6B639FD744E2C5767022EE7879.png

Totally with you Cdn Friends. There is nothing worse than coming to your home resort after a tiring day and not finding parking. I wish all the 3 hr parkers who then spend the day at MK could experience how horrible that is at their home resort when they can't park. Then maybe they'd realize how inappropriate it is. Please enjoy your ADR and the hotel but please show courtesy to others and don't overstay.

I really wish Disney would enforce the "three hour limit" for visitors/ADRs more than they do, or better yet, only allow guests staying at the monorail resorts to park in their respective lots. It would solve a lot of problems by saying that unless you are staying at one of the monorail resorts and driving a car, you should have to park at the TTC and take the monorail over to the resorts - and then enforce it by not allowing you access to the lot.

We normally stay at the Poly and can't count the number of times we've tried to get a parking spot unsuccessfully especially between 5:00 pm and 11:00 pm. On our trip in October we returned from doing some shopping at the outlet mall and there was absolutely no where to park. We ended up parking in the 10 minute parking and when we advised the CMs both at the main desk and our own concierge/club level desk in the Hawaii building, they basically just acknowledged the problem but said as long as we had our parking pass displayed we wouldn't be towed.

We ended up going over to the MK that evening and at park closing joined the crowd on the monorail to the Poly. We decided to try and move our car to a more appropriate spot, and were shocked at the number of people we followed from the monorail that went out to the Poly parking lot, got in their cars and left. :eek: Needless to say, after the mass exodus of cars from the parking lot, we were able to find a parking spot without any problem.

This past May was no different - we always found it hard to find a parking spot in the Poly lot and most times ended up following someone back to their car and snagging their spot as they left. :sad2:

I think a big problem at the Poly is not only the people who park there and then go to the MK, but the Poly attracts a huge number of non Poly guests to Ohana, Kona Cafe and the Luau. That is why after those places close and the people leave, the parking lot looks half empty. The same argument can be made for the CR, due to Chef Mickey's and the Califiornia Grill. Same as at the Poly, after 10 there never is a problem at the CR getting a parking spot. By the way I have stayed at the CR numerous times, and I have never, ever seen anyone being towed away. Not saying it never happens, just that I have never seen it.

I think a big problem at the Poly is not only the people who park there and then go to the MK, but the Poly attracts a huge number of non Poly guests to Ohana, Kona Cafe and the Luau. That is why after those places close and the people leave, the parking lot looks half empty. The same argument can be made for the CR, due to Chef Mickey's and the Califiornia Grill. Same as at the Poly, after 10 there never is a problem at the CR getting a parking spot. By the way I have stayed at the CR numerous times, and I have never, ever seen anyone being towed away. Not saying it never happens, just that I have never seen it.

It's more than that. Yes the restaurants attract a lot but the lots can handle that if they leave after their ADR. Unfortunately, not enough do. And, it happens at all the monorail resorts. Disney has to deal with this.

You may not have seen towing but I can assure you they do tow. I see it every trip at the Poly and frequently when visiting the other resorts.

It's more than that. Yes the restaurants attract a lot but the lots can handle that if they leave after their ADR. Unfortunately, not enough do. And, it happens at all the monorail resorts. Disney has to deal with this.

You may not have seen towing but I can assure you they do tow. I see it every trip at the Poly and frequently when visiting the other resorts.
What I don't understand then is that if they tow "illegals" at the Poly, than why are there numerous mentions on these boards about a parking problem at this resort? One of the posters on this thread couldn't find a spot at the Poly lot, which shouldn't have been the case if cars are always being towed. In my opinion Disney does a terrible job of enforcing their parking rules at numerous of their resorts (Boardwalk for example), to the detriment of the guests who actually stay at these resorts.

Waaaay back in the day (The 90's) we used to park at CR or Poly for a day at MK when we were taking in a meal at one or the other.

That of course was until Disney and their wonderful ME came along, so i don't have to even think about driving anywhere! :banana:

Fortunately, we never had this problem when we stayed at the Poly or GF, but always ran into it at the Contemporary.

What we started doing...valet park and let the front desk know the situation. We were told we didn't have to pay the fee for valet under the circumstances. When enough resort guests do this, maybe then they will really crack down on the people who shouldn't be there.

you may leave your vehicle parked. they only tow employee cars

That's a terrible suggestion considering guests have seen cars being towed one right after the other out of the lot! :lmao:

They may not do a great job of enforcing the 3 hour window, but wouldn't it be a pretty big bummer if they're care happened to be one of the ones that got picked?!

Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Park at TTC and monorail to the CR and then walk or monorail over.

I'm surprised by what everyone is saying! Back in early 2011, I routinely parked at the contemporary and walked over to the Magic Kingdom without any issues whatsoever. Then again, at that point in time, I was a cast member. I never noticed the lot to be full, in fact, often I was easily able to locate a spot. I can understand why Disney would be cracking down on this and I wouldn't advise the OP to park there, but having done so easily 40+ times, I am just surprised that it's no longer an option.

I'm surprised by what everyone is saying! Back in early 2011, I routinely parked at the contemporary and walked over to the Magic Kingdom without any issues whatsoever. Then again, at that point in time, I was a cast member. I never noticed the lot to be full, in fact, often I was easily able to locate a spot. I can understand why Disney would be cracking down on this and I wouldn't advise the OP to park there, but having done so easily 40+ times, I am just surprised that it's no longer an option.

And as someone who has stayed at the Contemporary and had trouble finding a parking spot, I'm glad they are cracking down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!